The Weekly Vlog

Showing Up for Family When It Matters

I’m in the San Francisco area right now to be with my family as my aunt passes. I heard a couple of days ago that she had taken a turn for the worse, so I decided to drop everything to fly across the country and be with them. Watch this week’s Vlog to hear how this experience relates to recovery and the Bright Line Eating journey.

Podcast Audio

Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D. is a New York Times bestselling author and an expert in the psychology and neuroscience of eating. Susan is the Founder and CEO of Bright Line Eating®, a scientifically grounded program that teaches you a simple process for getting your brain on board so you can finally find freedom from food.  Read Susan’s Full Story

Join the Conversation

Comments

1. Shauna Gee

Thank you Susan. This speaks volumes of the blessings of overcoming addiction. (. Beautiful, awesome, divine)

2. Brenda Flanagin

Thank you so much for this Susan. I am so sorry to hear about your beloved aunt. I am sure your family is very grateful to have you there for all your love & support. It always seems your vlog topics are timed exactly when I need to hear them. Last month my sister-in-law of 43 years who I loved dearly passed away at 61 from a long battle with cancer. She was only a couple years older than I was & we basically grew up together being only 16 & 18 when we met. I hadn’t really thought about it but after 6 years now with B.L.E I know it also played a big role in also being able to fully show up for her. Also, to support my husband, mother & father- in- law who are in their nineties & my other sister’s-in-law & brother- in-law. I was so focused on the weight, my appearance and feelings of inadequacy before BLE I would not have felt that my presence would have been that important or maybe even wanted. I am so grateful my husband and I were also both able to go to Seattle spend some of her last days with her before she left this world. It brings me such peace that we had that time with her & to be able to be there for the family so fully. This Sunday was a Memorial for her in Sandpoint Idaho & tomorrow we are going to the family cemetery in Stevensville, MT to bury her ashes & I am so happy to be fully showing up to all of it & all of my family. Thanks to you & BLE. ❤❤❤

3. Vicky Adolphson

This is my first time listening to your blog.
    What an inspiration.
    My heart & prayers are with your family.
    Many hugs & prayers.

4. jfleming9711@gmail.com

Bless you and your family Susan.

5. Maura

Thank you for sharing your vulnerability with us Susan. It is a Sacred time when a Loved One is Crossing over. Many of us appreciate you trusting us with this. May you all be surrounded with Blessings as your Aunt gains her Wings.

6. Kathy

Big hugs, Susan. That was so moving. I even have tears in my eyes…. Wishing you and your family peace and strength.

7. Traci egly

I have long believed life is about baptisms, weddings and funerals and all the other stuff is filler. Reflecting on the blessing of a life well lived and having loved ones is a true blessing. Through the passing of others we have the opportunity to face our own mortality and what it all means. To your message there is also a Devine power that helps us accept people into our lives just when we need them. All the best as you go they this special, privileged time to do your own reflection. Many prayers for you, your aunt, and her loved ones. ❤️💕

8. Jacqie Shartier

Sending lots of Love and Light to you Susan as you spend the last moments with your aunt. May she be your Angel. I spent the last moments with my Dad and Mother in Law and moments to remember for the rest of my life. I am sure there is healing for your aunt and for you by being there in her last moments.

You are a Blessings

9. Julie Feldman

Sending gentle waves of love and comfort to you as you honor your aunt. May her transition be easy 💗

1. Kathryn Hancock

I agree Susan, its good to be with family. So glad you could be w your Aunt.

10. Alice

As an RN who has been a hospice nurse, you are where you need to be. I see death NOT as a termination, but a transition to the next adventure. As you are there for your aunt’s final transition in this life, hold her close, but also give her space. I tell my hospice families, “you have to give your loved one options”. Some want everyone there, so do not. My own father didn’t die until everyone was out of the house, I’ve seen some wait until one is there or a particular family member is away from the bed side. You never know I’ve seen it all. Hold her in the light, be there for her, let her go.

11. Carey Keith

I’m so sorry that your heart is suffering through this time of loss, You are such specialness to me and to everyone that you are among.

12. Rita

Thanks for sharing this. Can you share a vlog sometime on how you meditate would love to know how long if you listen to anything how things come to you. Thanks. Maybe vlog meditating with you.

13. Mary Watkins

Susan, I am praying for a peaceful passage for your dear aunt. I know your being there means the world to you and her family. Sending prayers for you all! 💕

14. Sandra Hudson Stein

So sorry Susan but what a blessing that your aunt’s passing sounds peaceful and she is surrounded by those who love her.

15. Diane

Holding space for you Susan, as you spend this precious time with your Aunt.💕

16. Jen Plantenberg

So sorry to hear about your aunt, and also so glad you are able to be with her and your family during this time. I live in San Mateo, close to SFO, so please let me know if you need a ride or a BLE meal or a couch to crash on (our house is small but available). Praying for comfort for your family and sending you lots of love.

17. Nancy Goss

So glad you are the person you have become. Nothing is moe important than being present for the people we live and treasure.

18. Cheryl Phillips

So sorry to hear about your aunt, Susan. I am glad you can be there to comfort your cousins. May God comfort you all.

Your email address will not be published.

Important note!

You are viewing this website in English and our Membership materials are currently only available in English. We have a goal to translate the Membership into many other languages as soon as possible, but for now, if you join the Bright Lifers Membership, please note that our programs will be delivered in English.

Important note!

Join Our Email List

By submitting this form, you’re agreeing to receive emails from Bright Line EatingTM. You can unsubscribe at any time. Your email address will NEVER be shared or sold.

Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions