Have you struggled with weight, dieting, or body image in the past? If so…

Your Brain May Be Blocking You From Losing Weight.

How susceptible are you?

Execute-Program-Lunch

Last week, I didn’t release a Vlog, and I believe that’s only the third time in seven years that I’ve missed a week. All three of those times have been for pretty much the same reason: life got so intense that the only sane thing to do was to give myself a break. I wanted to check in this week to explain a bit about what happened and how it relates to your Bright Line Eating journey.

Podcast Audio

Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D. is a New York Times bestselling author and an expert in the psychology and neuroscience of eating. Susan is the Founder and CEO of Bright Line Eating®, a scientifically grounded program that teaches you a simple process for getting your brain on board so you can finally find freedom from food.  Read Susan’s Full Story

Join the Conversation

Comments

1. Susan Savell

Dear, Dear Susan. I am just listening to this story now, and hearing about your challenges. Nothing is more difficult than family members struggling with an illness–especially in the hospital, especially in the ICU! I am so touched by the strength of your program, and the realness in your eyes and face as you share this story. I am so happy to hear that your loved ones will be well. I am just so grateful for you!! May you all recover and continue to heal from the stress of this experience. You are so loved!

2. Barb Schoenherr

I felt empowered by this message,Susan. It is always good to have a concrete example of how you maintained your bright lines even in the midst of great stress. So good.
    I am sorry you had family members hospitalized. I wish the best for all of you.

3. Don Benedik

Thanks for sharing

4. Leah Allan

So brilliant and so true on the value of automaticity!
    For what it’s worth, here’s what I think…it’s not that you ‘reach’ automaticity after a certain set amount of time, but that automaticity has TRULY been accomplished when you are faced with life’s most difficult situations and not eating over it is NOT a struggle because your automaticity has become such an ingrained habit that you actually find comfort in relying on the sanity that your automaticity provides.

Sending love to Susan and family, and am grateful for this big fat heaping spoonful of truth.

5. Beth Janda

That was the most meaningful blog I’ve heard to date. Between my own life stresses and the nonstop news from Ukraine(which we all have little to do to improve), it too has been a rough time.
    I sincerely thank Susan for her very real talks. I just wrote “Execute Program” on my meal planner, which includes my return to the training modules I have stopped listening to.

6. Sherri Elkinson

I strive to get to that level of automaticity. I can see it off on the horizon. I know if I follow the plan I will get there.
    The key point for me from this vlog is when Susan said that addictive eating makes everything worse. This is so true for me but still I look to the food in times of stress or fatigue. I’m going to imprint this in my brain so the next time life gets in the way of my BLE plan I will be able to hold steady and not get off track with my food.
    Thank you, Susan!

7. Tracy Stewart

Dear Susan,
    This week’s vlog is the first I’ve heard of your difficult time with having family in the hospital. I’m relieved to know that everyone is on the mend. Wishing you and your loved ones a speedy return to being home and enjoying all the wonderful things life has to offer.
    Love,
    Tracy

8. Jamie Andrea

God Damn It!!!! I can’t help but cry. I am back on the CRAZY TRAIN and it feel almost impossible to get back to clean eating. It’s become my choice of drug AGAIN. I ache, I’m tired, I’m scared, how did I get here again.
    I appreciate you, your message.

1. Its me, again...

OPS! I was thinking outloud. (Yikes)
      Sending love your way Susan!!! Blessing to you and yours.

Your email address will not be published.

Important note!

You are viewing this website in English and our Membership materials are currently only available in English. We have a goal to translate the Membership into many other languages as soon as possible, but for now, if you join the Bright Lifers Membership, please note that our programs will be delivered in English.

Important note!

Join Our Email List

By submitting this form, you’re agreeing to receive emails from Bright Line EatingTM. You can unsubscribe at any time. Your email address will NEVER be shared or sold.

Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions