Have you struggled with weight, dieting, or body image in the past? If so…

Your Brain May Be Blocking You From Losing Weight.

How susceptible are you?

Effective Surrender

In this week’s Vlog, I wanted to cover a topic brought up on a recent Bright Lifers’ Daily Accountability Call because it coincides with a theme we’ve had going on here at Bright Line Eating lately: fresh starts and Bright Beginnings. Watch to hear all about it.

Podcast Audio

Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D. is a New York Times bestselling author and an expert in the psychology and neuroscience of eating. Susan is the Founder and CEO of Bright Line Eating®, a scientifically grounded program that teaches you a simple process for getting your brain on board so you can finally find freedom from food.  Read Susan’s Full Story

Join the Conversation

Comments

1. Athena

Such wisdom! It is really so simple, yet the ego is powerful and the memory short. Thank you Susan!

2. Victoria G Miller

Yes!!! ” Rebirth it everyday” Thank you Susan 🙂

3. Michelle

Whenever I am bright for a period of time, I start stressing about how I don’t know if it’s realistic for me to think I can do this forever. I know I don’t need sugar and flour to live but I get thinking that the longer I stay bright, the longer my binge will be once I fall off the wagon. I always feel so great when my lines are bright but then it gets all up in my head about the one taste that I know I will take and then it’s a binge for weeks. I’m hoping if I try to take it one day at a time, then I’ll be able to manage it. I’m also hoping to turn to other things besides food for my stress but it’s hard. It’s been many, many years that I just turn to food. Thank you for this blog Susan. I’m going to try to take one day at a time.

4. Lyn Hudgins

Wow, I might finally have a sliver of what surrender means. The idea of committing to bright lines daily and hearing about a practice called “Negative Visualization “ gives me hope. Thank you.

5. Linda Wilkins

In the years I’ve been involved with BLE, I think this may well be the most meaningful Vlog I’ve seen — and there have been many. thank you

6. Linda Wilkins

Absolutely.

7. Sherri

I commit to protecting my Bright Lines today.
    I’m letting go of what happened yesterday and I’m not thinking about tomorrow, just focusing on keeping Bright today!
    Powerful vlog, inspiring message – Thank you, Susan!

1. Kitty Thomas

That’s something I will post on my mirror – Thanks for posting that 🙂

8. Stephanie

Soooo needed to hear this today. Reminds me of something else you once said in a vlog “Time takes time. There is no shortcut for the wisdom that’s born of longevity. ” I appreciate your ongoing nuggets of truth, this has been my experience as well. I love ble and I so hope this time it will stick and I will have my bright transformation. I know hoping isn’t enough but action. I have watched every single one of your vlogs, many of them many times over. And there’s another one where you talk about going to any lengths. I don’t know what it will take today for me to eat bright but I’m willing to do it. Like some days it’s easy peasy you don’t notice any effort, other days it’s like running a marathon in the cold up a mountain alone and sobbing. Whatever today presents, I know my number one priority will be staying bright because without that my life falls apart. I don’t need to run any more experiments to know that truth. Ugh thank you Susan for being so wise and generous and encouraging xoxoxoxo

9. Don Benedik

thanks again for sharing your knowledge and experience and your fervor to help make us happier and healthier

10. Amy Glinke

Yep!

11. Bruce Prigge

Thanks!

12. Dora

This vlog was hard for me. I’m struggling right now and I’d rather believe that they’ll be a point where I won’t have to struggle anymore. You know, “ Don’t bother me with the facts!” OK. Here’s to today. And, tomorrow I will say the same.

We’re so sorry to hear you’re struggling right now, Dora! Sending you so much love. 🧡
      Here’s to today. And tomorrow the same.

13. Joan Edgar

Simply put, probably the most concise, helpful, and both profoundly simple and complicated vlog that I have ever listened to. Spoke directly to my brain and heart. Thank you.

1. Janice Johnson

Agreed!

Profoundly simple and complicated!
      Thanks for being here, Joan. 🧡

3. Linda Wilkins

Absolutely.

14. Diane

This is exactly the message that I needed to hear. I wish I could just lose my weight and never have any creep back on again, or be drawn to NMF, but I know that is a pipe dream. I didn’t fully understand the surrender and one day at a time thing, but after almost 5 years, this vlog stuck! Thank you 🙏

15. Carly Blankevoort

Thank you for your vulnerability and humility in showing us you too, can fall, get up and dust yourself off! I have yet to start. I am planning…. planning, not leaving anything to chance.

16. Jen Spencer

I think this applies to so many areas–food, substances, relationships, religion…

“Choose ye THIS day.” There is no choosing for yesterday or tomorrow. Only right now. Thank you!

1. Lisa Rowe

Yes! so much yes.

17. Phyllis

Thank you for this reminder that yes it is a DAILY COMMITMENT to PROTECTING MY BRIGHT LINES. I have surrendered to the main fact that I am a food addict and accepting that identity has been a real breakthrough for me. As a committed Christian I have also returned to my practice of Daily Bible Reading and Praying the Psalms and I call out and cry out to God DAILY for help in doing this way of eating now. I have noticed in the past 2 weeks I feel like I have automaticity kicking in after over 100 days of living Bright with my food. Viewing sugar & flour as real poison to me is also sinking into my core as I had a dream/nightmare the other night of a dear friend offering my a luscious piece of NMF and I started to cry and told them “that is poison to me & I don’t want to die of an early heart attack after my two emergency visits for high B/P and uncontrolled Atrial Fib.” I said “I CANNOT GO BACK to that way of eating” and thankfully I woke up and cried some more. So very thankful for BLE and the new membership model and am enjoying revisiting the Boot Camp experience and the new Holiday Course.

Your email address will not be published.

Important note!

You are viewing this website in English and our Membership materials are currently only available in English. We have a goal to translate the Membership into many other languages as soon as possible, but for now, if you join the Bright Lifers Membership, please note that our programs will be delivered in English.

Important note!

Join Our Email List

By submitting this form, you’re agreeing to receive emails from Bright Line EatingTM. You can unsubscribe at any time. Your email address will NEVER be shared or sold.

Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions