Have you struggled with weight, dieting, or body image in the past? If so…

Your Brain May Be Blocking You From Losing Weight.

How susceptible are you?

The New Bright Line Eating – Part 3 – THE MEMBERSHIP

We’ve been building up to this week for a long time, and this is the Vlog where I share all the details about how Bright Line Eating is changing its structure to a very simple membership model. Watch to hear everything.

Podcast Audio

Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D. is a New York Times bestselling author and an expert in the psychology and neuroscience of eating. Susan is the Founder and CEO of Bright Line Eating®, a scientifically grounded program that teaches you a simple process for getting your brain on board so you can finally find freedom from food.  Read Susan’s Full Story

Join the Conversation

Comments

1. Judith Beatrice

I want all access

1. Ellen Rathbone

I think you have missed the special prices, Judith, but don’t let that stop you from joining! Have you gone to the BLE website and looked at the memberships?

2. Carole Strouse

Hello, I watched Susan’s four videos about the new membership models of BLE a few weeks back; I will be joining at the Core membership level, paying on a monthly basis at this time. I can’t remember when that will be open to join. I am looking forward to it!
    Thank you, Carole S.

3. Jessa Jiron

Ready?!? LET’S GO… to BLE.LIFE/BrightTicket to register and add this coupon code when you’re at checkout 🔥🔥 nv4mk7

4. Sarah B

Hi Cindy. Just to let you know, I am not on Facebook. I do appreciate your encouragement though. Congratulations on 4 years of Maintenance! Wow!

5. Cindy A Norsworthy

Are you ready to join ALL-ACCESS??? Please use my Bright Ticket code it is qwjbvk. You can choose whether your want month to month at $40 a month or annually at $400 a year of a 5-year membership at $1,750. Please find me on Facebook Cindy Norsworthy I would like to offer you more support and a conversation if that would be helpful to you. I am in my 5th year with BLE and 4 years in maintenance. Please use my Bright Ticket code it is qwjbvk. The program works I know of that is a sustainable way to live free.

1. callahan mcdonough

Hi Cindy
      I am ready to join 40. month to month.
      I just friended u. FB.
      Beautiful kids. are they all yours?
      🙂
      Callahan

2. Sarah B

Hi Cindy. Thank you for your Bright Ticket code. I am very new to BLE. I have the BLE books and was following the program for 5 weeks but have fallen off in the past week. Thank you!

1. Cindy A Norsworthy

Hi Sarah, You are so welcome! I hope we can connect more please find me on Facebook my name is Cindy Norsworthy. Let’s set up a time to visit. If I can do it so can you.

6. callahan mcdonough

Hi BLE folks
    I think today is sign up day, correct?
    Trying to get clear and a bit hard to sort out from the string of comments.
    I want to sign up at the $40. month fee. – can that be canceled anytime? – Not clear what the reference is to 5 yrs.
    Thanks much
    Callahan

1. Cindy A Norsworthy

Yes, the plan was we could sign up today. But it looks like there are technical issues and it has not yet opened up. You can choose whether your want month to month at $40 a month or annually at $400 a year of a 5-year membership at $1,750. Please find me on Facebook Cindy Norsworthy I would like to offer you more support and a conversation if that would be helpful to you. I am in my 5th year with BLE and 4 years in maintenance. Please use my Bright Ticket code it is qwjbvk. The program works
      and is the only sustainable way I know of.

1. callahan mcdonough

Thanks so much Cindy. So tech problem means not today? I will FB you now. You can do same w/me
        Calllahan McDonough

7. Jill Marsh

I had done BLE for 2 plus years and lost well over 100 lbs. I eventually went way off the rails and quit BLE completely. I have gained much of my weight back and now am suffering the consequences with cardiac issues. I rally need to jump back in to BLE and try to undo some of that damage. I am seriously considering the all inclusive membership if that will be open to me. I was not real successful with the social part of BLE. I am an introvert and it is hard for me to reach out, but I learned so much from listening to so many other people, and who knows, maybe I will find my people. Can I get a golden ticket? Is it necessary to belong to Facebook to do the boot camp and all the other programs? Will I need to rejoin Facebook.?

1. Angela

Hi Jill,
      You are welcome to use my bright ticket, the code # is ksb3dr. At 11am eastern you can go to https://info.brightlineeating.com/bt21-concierge/ to sign up for the all access. I am so excited that she is offering all her classes with the all access memebership and that will include a boot camp. I don’t think you really have to be on facebook, although it does give alot of extra support and connection. If you choose not to rejoin facebook, I’d just recommend making sure to get your support in other ways, maybe with a mastermind group or Gideon Games.

2. Cindy Norsworthy

Please join me in the ALL-ACCESS starting today? Please let me know if I can help you. BRIGHT TICKET CODE qwjbvk

8. Jessa Jiron

#IHaveABrightTicket: In order to get “Founding Lifer” status in the new Bright Line Eating membership & the All-Access Program of $40/month; Enter this Bright Ticket code: nv4mk7 at ble.life/brightticket when you check out during Bright Ticket Week (only offered Nov 16th-Nov 22nd)

1. Karen Roberts

Hi Jessa, I tried this morning (Australia time) and used a number of different tickets. Kept getting the message ‘invalid code’. Just now tried one more time using your code and v ctory! Thank you so much. karen

9. Terri

If I use a bright ticket and buy a 5 year membership, at the end of that do I have to buy another 5 year membership to maintain the founder’s discount or could I switch to the $400/yr at that point?

1. Cindy Norsworthy

Hi Jess’s, BLE just changed their refund policy in an email I just got later today. It is now as follows
      The refund period on all our memberships will be 14 days, and after that, your membership will continue through the length of time you paid for.

1. Linda Marcis

Hey Cindy, so in light of this change in the refund policy, if you sign up monthly instead of for the whole year, can you stop anytime or is there a time commitment?

1. Cindy Norsworthy

It is a month to month commitment.

1. Linda Marcis

Thanks Cindy – Susan did explain that right after I posted – sorry!! But do have another question. Since I know how the plan works having done it for years and lost the weight – do I really need to do Boot camp – it seems not to me?

2. Cindy Norsworthy

Yes, you can! If you would to talk about BLE let me know and please use my code.
      #IHAVEABRIGHTTICKET CODE qwjbvk

10. Cindy A Norsworthy

My BRIGHT TICKET code is qwjbvk.. Please let me know
    if I can be of help. You will not be able to register until November 16th

1. Linda Marcis

Hi Cindy, I have two questions and sorry if they have already been answered but need to be sure I understand. Will the maintainence courses be available in the core program and if I pay for a whole year in either program, if I have to quit, will there be a refund for unused months?

1. Cindy Norsworthy

The maintenance course is available next year to those that are in all access the $40 a month or $400 a year option. I am excited about that course as well. I have been in maintenance now for four years and it’s going very well but I want to be as solid as I can. Yes, I have it said that you can get a refund if you quit before the 12 months are up.
        If a call would helpful find me on Facebook and send a Pm or text me at
        602-933-5525

My BRIGHT TICKET code is qwjbvk

1. Linda Marcis

Thank you so much Cindy! I will go for the all access then so that I can get the maintanence program. I started ble from just reading the book along with my husband in 2017 and lost 120 lbs! Love this program so much. But with the lockdown of covid and having my MIL move in with us on hospice care, I have lasped and gained back some weight.
          So have to get back to being bright and then figure out maintanence!! Thanks so much for the above info. I will use your Bright Ticket code! Thank you!!!!

1. Cindy Norsworthy

You are amazing Linda!!! 120 lbs with just the book. I hope we can connect more. Are you on Facebook?
            I am excited for you to get more support.
            Cindy

2. Linda Marcis

No place to reply on last post, so replying here. Yes, I am on facebook and in lots of the BLE groups including the Official one!

11. Callahan McDonough

Hi
    No one on BLE official FB seems to know about the actual bright ticket & ok to share code via Susan.
    Does’all access’ include ‘Parts Work?
    Thanks
    Callahan

1. Cindy Norsworthy

At the end of the five years you can choose the monthly or annual option as well and still maintain the lower price. The only parts work that is included is the parts work included in the Grit course.

12. callahan mcdonough

This really wonderful ! So I want to get it straight. I did 2 – 14 day challenges, read the book and listened to susan & have the cookbook. I can do the boot camp for $20.00 a month? Yay if that’s correct I am IN.
    Now my good friend did do the boot camp so she would get a bright ticket, correct? & she could do the premium for $40.00 & if she shared her ticket number with me (as Susan mentioned ). could I do the premium as well? for……same or different amount?
    Thank you needed this just now.
    Callahan McD.

Hi there, Callahan! Great questions. The people who have Bright Tickets are Bright Lifers. If someone has just done a Boot Camp but never joined Bright Lifers, they won’t have a Bright Ticket. That said, you can hop onto social media and search #IHaveABrightTicket and find a number of Bright Lifers eager to share their code!

Yes, you can join the Core Membership at $20/month and do the Boot Camp. If you think you might ever want to upgrade to All-Access, we would recommend joining right away during Bright Ticket Week. Because during Bright Ticket Week, All-Access is $40/month. After that, it goes up to $50/month. Anyone can join at $40/month during Bright Ticket Week regardless of what programs they have or haven’t done, as long as they have a code that Bright Lifer has shared with them.

Let us know if you have any other questions! 🧡

1. Jennifer Waltzer

Question on the pricing: The information states that the $40/month price is fixed for as long as you want to stay in, but it doesn’t say that about the $400/year option or the 5-year option. So is the $400/year good for as long as you continue? Or does that price go up at some point? Same with the 5-year option – (I’ve heard both $1,675 & $1/750) – what will be the renewal price after the 5 years?
        Thanks,

2. Cindy A Norsworthy

My BRIGHT TICKET code is qwjbvk.. Please let me know
      if I can be of help. You will not be able to register until November 16th

1. callahan mcdonough

Thanks a bunch Cindy.
        Callahan

1. callahan mcdonough

YES I am joining asap Nov.16th opens for Bright Tickets sign up. Thanks so much for sharing yours.
          Callahan

2. callahan mcdonough

Hey Cindy, Can you send me messages to my email or my FB messages. I am not on the ‘membership’ string since I signed up for the full membership already at 40. per month.
        hugs
        Callahan.

13. JoAnn Schanzle

Where is the link for the new brightlineeating tickets

14. JoAnn

Can you clarify which courses are included in All Access? In particular, is the Parts Work course included or is it just the introduction to parts work? Also, what happens at the end of 5 years if you so the 5 year locked in membership?

Hi JoAnn! In addition to Boot Camp and Bright Lifers, All-Access will include the new Bright Line Holiday, Reboot Rezoom, and the new Year of Maintenance courses. Bright Line Grit will be included; Bright Line Freedom will not.

If you opt for the 5-year pass, your pricing is locked in so you can keep enjoying the exclusive discounted price each time you renew.

If you have any other questions about course specifics or your renewal pricing, our Customer Support team will be happy to answer your questions: http://support.brightlineeating.com 🧡

15. Trepidatious

Is there a money back guarantee? Let’s face it Susan, you could sell ice to Eskimos! Lol! It sounds wonderful, but am I throwing good money in after bad? I did the Boot Camp. 2017,made surfacey chitchatty short term friends, lost weight, got off track, did reboot rezoom without success. During my time in BLE I felt like the odd man out, the outsider looking in at the cliques of people who found connections instantly. I felt like I was back in high school not being accepted.I reached out with so many phone calls! I kept trying to find my”people”, so needing that deep connection and support, but I was so discouraged when I couldn’t find it. You made it sound so easy! I know that having a support system and a mastermind group is key, I was so discouraged when despite my best efforts it didn’t happen. So, if there’s a money back guarantee I may be willing to try again, maybe now there will be a bigger pool of people to draw from. If there isn’t a money back guarantee, so be it. The way that you’re going to set it up now is WAY better than the roller coaster, by the seat of your pants, way that you did it in the past! The people who are starting now are blessed. Best of luck with your new system!😘

Hi there! We really appreciate you sharing your experience with us! And we’re sad to hear that you felt like the odd one out.

We are striving to widen our net for so many reasons, among them that it will be more likely for folks to find other like-minded souls to travel on their journey with. If you choose to join the membership (and we encourage you to put yourself out there and give it a shot!) you can always cancel when and if you feel called to. If you choose the annual investment rather than monthly, you will receive a pro-rated refund.

We lovingly invite you to come all the way in, sit all the way down, and reach out your hand… We guarantee you aren’t the only one who thinks they are sitting at the table alone. It’s very likely that someone else is just waiting for that hand to reach out to them. 🧡

16. Stephanie

Hi, I posted a reply above to another member’s comment but thought I would repost as a new comment. I just paid for Bright Lifers last month. How will this work for people who are already in an annual program? Does our membership become a core membership? Any clarification you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Stephanie! We know that all of the new membership information can be overwhelming and are so glad that you reached out.

To keep up with more information as it’s released, please check out our Bright Ticket Concierge Page here: http://ble.life/BrightTicket. Susan is going to spend a lot of time giving an overview of all the amazing changes coming your way.

If you have any questions or concerns as the information is released, please don’t hesitate to contact Customer Support: http://support.brightlineeating.com. 🧡

17. Robin

Hi Susan!

I discovered BLE 3 years ago. It has been a god-send for me and my husband. We are so grateful for all that you have done and are doing. I did the 14 day challenge, together, we read your book, and have been following BLE ever since. I lost 79 lbs (about 15 short of my goal). I am have been struggling with weight gain for a while now…my lines get hazy, and blurry. Now that I have re-gained 12 lbs, I am feeling that my goal was not realistic for my age. I wanted to get 10 lbs below “normal” BMI for my height. Then, I read somewhere that a safer range for post-menopausal women is slightly higher than where I was aiming. It had something to do with bone density. Is this familiar to you? I had been SO CLOSE to that goal…only about 5 lbs from it. I could have been in maintenance!!

I am not writing to ask for guidance. I am planning to get the all-access membership, and I am sure I will find guidance there. Just wanted you to know that there are those of us out here (mostly unknown) who have had great success, hold much gratitide for you and your team, and appreciate that you have worked to make more materials and guidance available through this new plan of membership.

We see you, Robin. And we feel the new membership is really going to serve you well, friend. 🧡

18. Sarah

Hi! If you’ve done the 14-day challenge and want the all-access membership can you do that? I thought I heard you say on the vlog that you cannot.
    My hope is to join during bright ticket week and start boot camp immediately but also have access to the courses.
    Thanks!

Hi Sarah! YES! You can join during Bright Ticket Week regardless of what programs you have or haven’t done in the past. All you need to do is find a Bright Lifer’s code that’s been shared and use it to gain access Nov 16-22. See you then! 🧡

19. Ellen Rathbone

If we do the five year plan with a ticket, and 5 years pass but we want to keep going with it, will it be at 40$/mo or 50$/mo?

Hi Ellen! If you choose the 5-year investment, then at the end of 5 years you will have locked in the discounted option to renew at $40/month or $400/year. 🧡

2. Cindy Norsworthy

This is my plan as well . If you are open to a conversation please find me on Facebook I love to connect with BLE people. Please feel free to use my code if it is helpful and stay in touch.
      #IHAVEABRIGHTTICKET CODE qwjbvk

20. Beth

Confused about what happens with those of us who just made a payment for an annual Lifers payment recently.

1. Stephanie

Yes, I am in the same boat. I just paid for Bright Lifers for the year. Wondering what that means for people like us.

Hi Beth! We know that all of the new membership information can be overwhelming and are so glad that you reached out.

21. Jolene Drake

Hi!
    I follow the BLE meal plan, so I really believe in this way of life especially for the healthy way of eating as BLE follows! I am so happy that I found BLE and found other people who have the passion and understanding of the nutritional aspect of this! Anyway, I really wanted to ask a different question than what this space is for…. might you have a position for me in your company? Weird question, huh? Well I had been a medical transcriptionist for nearly 8 years and did a few other jobs in there as well. If this is inappropriate, please forgive me! I just got taken with Susan’s enthusiasm and passion for this global challenge and I’m looking to do a lot of personal growing. I’m an introvert but I believe in nutrition and can do some typing or if you have any other thoughts?

Thank you!
    Jolene Drake

22. Athena

So excited! I love your heart. It is so obvious that your sincere wish is to have everyone be free of food addiction, whether low or high on the susceptibility scale, and for that, I am grateful! I love and appreciate you and your team. This is gonna work, Yes!

23. Terri

Hi Susan and BLE staff –

I have two email accounts that I have used for your program. One account did the 14 day challenge in October 2020 and boot camp in June 2021. The other account did the 14 day challenge in January 2021 and is currently doing it again now in November 2021 (since the post was made that it was currently free). Thank you for saying to other posters that I would not lose my boot camp materials. But I am now wondering which account to use for your new membership offerings. I am currently thinking about using the account that has done the 14DC twice to sign up during bright week, but wondering what I would get with that since that account has never done a boot camp. Can you please clarify? Thank you so much for bringing this program into my life!

Hi Terri! We’d recommend getting in touch with Customer Support right away to get your accounts squared away. That way, you’ll be assured that you’re all set to move forward during Bright Ticket Week! http://support.brightlineeating.com 🧡

24. Joy

Hi, Susan! This rollout is interesting, and I’m very glad that you added that folks still have the option of doing BLE for free, because it was one of the biggest selling points for me to try this program (especially after having spent astronomical sums in the past only to gain the weight back after the program ended).

I was wondering what the appropriate next step would be for me; I did the 14 day challenge in November 2019, the Boot Camp in October 2020, but did not join Bright Lifers afterwards (mostly due to the cost). I am very close to goal weight and would love to be able to take the maintenance courses early next year. Should I sign up directly for the second tier of membership? Thanks.

That’s a great question, Joy! If you sign up for All-Access during Bright Ticket Week (Nov 16-22) you’ll get the Bright Holiday course, plus Reboot Rezoom, and the Year of Maintenance at $40 a month. And it sounds like you’re especially interested in the Year of Maintenance, though we bet that Bright Holiday and Reboot Rezoom will also be really beneficial if you take advantage of them! 🙂 If you want and enroll in All-Access later, the price goes up to $50 a month. Really it’s up to you and what will serve your journey best. 🧡

2. Susan Peirce Thompson

Hi Joy,
      WELL DONE losing a bunch of weight, getting close to where you’d like to settle in your Bright Body, and being here to ask a question about what would be the appropriate next step. You’ve done the 14-Day Challenge and you’ve done the Boot Camp. You didn’t sign up for Bright Lifers, mostly because of the cost. And you’ve managed to stay on your path and are loving the thought of taking the maintenance courses that are rolling out.
      It does indeed sound like finding a Bright Ticket and hopping into the All-Access Membership would be an excellent next step for you. At $40/month it’s reasonably economical (about as much as a person might spend in fits of eating not-Bright food when breaking the Lines here and there during the course in a month…or maybe way less than that…lol…so if you’re willing to really work them, the courses essentially pay for themselves…) and then YES you’d get ALL THREE maintenance courses in 2022. And… you didn’t mention this, but you’d also get Bright Line Holiday starting right away on November 23rd, which will be FABULOUS support for staying right where you are and/or coasting down to your Bright Body as these lovely holidays roll by, and THEN, you’ll get Reboot Rezoom January 1st as well. I don’t know if you’ve taken Reboot Rezoom, but it’s THE BEST COURSE for taking your program to the next level. Even if you’re squeaky-clean Bright, RBRZ is phenomenal. You’ll see. It cycles you through looking at your food, your actions or habits, and your support, in deeper and deeper ways, until your program is at a whole new level.

And then…maintenance.

So, yeah. I strongly recommend you find yourself a Bright Ticket and go All-Access. For sure. You’re in the perfect place for it in your Bright Journey.

Much love to you, Joy!

1. Joy

Thank you so much! Much love right back!

1. Angela Marino

Hi Joy, I am a Bright Lifer and would love to share my Bright Ticket with you! I’m so excited about the maintenance course sounds like that will be perfect for you too! You can use code ksb3dr to get the All Access Membership which will include all the courses. It sounds like the perfect next step for you to sail into maintenance. I have taken almost all her courses and promise they are amazing :).

1. Joy

Thank you!

25. Melisa

Hi Susan, I have a suggestion for you and your team regarding pricing for non US members. I am Canadian and a lot of the uncertainty I experience when making decision around BLE offers, courses, renewals comes around the financial impact of the exchange rate. It would be great if your company could offer Canadian specific pricing that guarantees the price regardless of the exchange rate. I get that that is a risk to you, but I think you should consider it an investment in inclusiveness when trying to offer certainty and stability around membership pricing, affordability and equal access. We in Canada accept that our price may be 25 instead of 20 based on currency exchange, but it would be great to know that it will stay 25 from my pocket and not fluctuate to 30 and potentially cause me hardship down the road. Food for thought – LOVE you and the program.

1. Patty

Completely agree with you, Melissa. The exchange rate has stopped me from making this commitment.

2. Susan Peirce Thompson

Hi Melisa,

This is EXACTLY the kind of thing we can consider doing if the membership succeeds and we get more stabilized. It’s totally in alignment with the value core of Bright Line Eating. As a tiny company, we’ve been nowhere near in a place to be able to implement the kind of worldwide pricing structure you’re proposing. But I’ve talked about wanting to do it, and I *DO* want to do it. You’re exactly right–it means absorbing risk (especially for places where inflation can jump astronomically overnight–I don’t know if you’ve thought of that, but international currencies are not all as stable as the US’s and Canada’s currencies…there’s a lot to think about here…what if a country’s currency is suddenly worth 1/100 of what it was yesterday?) and basically subsidizing various international buyers’ prices with others’ memberships. The larger and more stable the membership base, the more possible something like this becomes.

I see you, Melissa. I feel you. Let’s see how the next little bit unfolds. More will be revealed.

Big love! And then MORE love!!
      xoxo
      Susan

P.S. — In the meantime, have you looked at your personal budget with a curious eye to how much you spend on excess or impulse food when you’re not Bright? Have you tracked it for a month? You might find it’s way more than you thought, which could justify the membership and get you the support you need today. I know that I, personally, save a FORTUNE when I’m Bright vs. Not Bright. A shocking amount of money. Because when I’m eating addictively, I’m eating stuff literally every day that my brain and body doesn’t want or need. And that adds up.

26. Cyn

I think this is great for new bright line recruits, but for those people who have already paid they are not feeling supported. You need to address this Susan! I admire your goals and think your work is pretty spectacular and I know you really care about people. I feel like you are so in your purpose and that is such a blessing. So, I know you will address those people feeling like they are losing what they already paid for because you would never leave anyone hanging. Blessings to you and your team.

1. Susan Peirce Thompson

Hi Cyn,

I’m honestly not sure who you’re talking about specifically, but I hope and trust that all the questions will get answered. No one who has paid for ANYTHING will be left in the cold. People who did the Boot Camp in the past will still have access to their old Boot Camp archives. Nothing is going away. Our team keeps hearing about different scenarios and we’ve covered all the bases.

I’ll be live on Facebook and on the Concierge page (the link to that page is right below the VLOG) tons and tons and tons during Bright Ticket Week and before that, too…. so I do hope and trust all the worried and fretting people will hear the care we’ve taken to address their concerns and everything will settle down for them.

Change is hard. People cry foul. They don’t like it. But we understand their concerns and nothing they have now is going away. All is well. My team and I will continue to be available to help everyone understand their particular situation and how they’ll be covered.

Thank you for your concern, Cyn.

With much love,

27. Cheronda Albury

Good morning, and Thank you for the Membership option. May I ask, will there be a payment option for the $1,700 ? Thank you.

1. Susan Peirce Thompson

Hi Cheronda,

Nope. The deep discount ($3,000 down to $1,750) is there exactly and precisely because the payment comes up front.

The payment option would be to do the $400/year, which spreads it out and makes it much more manageable. The discount isn’t as steep, but it’s pretty darn good. ($3,000 down to $2,000).

Hope this helps clarify things!
      xoxo

28. Petra

I love this SPT thank you, struggling right now and rely want to rezoom to get back to GW, Feel it is the inner work, did not allow mysf thecourse of 997 USD and now am so much looking forward to having access to it <3 Thank you!!

1. Susan Peirce Thompson

Boom!! Sooo glad, Petra!
      xo
      Susan

P.S. — YOU’VE GOT THIS!!!

29. Shari McCracken

Omgosh I am so excited!! I am getting ready for the 14 day challenge that i signed up for but you are such a great cheer leader I want ALL THE THINGS hahahaha. I believe i will be looking for a bright ticket 🙂

1. Ann Jarrett

Hi Shari,
      I am excited too and looking forward to participating in the All Access membership.. I have been a Bright Lifer for almost four years (and lost and kept off 100 pounds)
      Here is my code: t3zbrb

Bright Line Eating changed my life. Congratulations on taking this step in your health journey.

Woohoo! Try searching on Facebook for #IHaveABrightTicket Shari! 🧡

30. Jackie Dieker

Hi, I just started the bootcamp and paid the $500 dollars, and am now on the second module. What does this mean for me?

31. Maureen Daley

I also was told that when I did the Bootcamp I would have access to it for a lifetime. I understand the new membership offers a lot more, but some of us may not want to spend the additional money, but still want access to our original bootcamp. I did Bootcamp in october of 2017, and then joined bright lifers for one year; am still following the BLE program; I am considering the one time $1,700 for unlimited access but that’s a lot of money for those who are on fixed incomes. I’m sure it would be very difficult for many people . I could probably afford it but it’s a lot of money, I don’t spend the amount of money per year on weight loss as you discussed in the vlog. Those who spend that kind of money on weight loss are probably working and not retired. I am retired and live on social security. Thank you for your consideration, and thanks for the impact you have had on my life. When I started BLE I was 206#’s, and now am 140#’s; gained some during Covid, but have kept it off for the most part. p.s. I also went to the other eating program you went to (with Pat Reynolds); I grew up in Lima, NY; that program was also too intense for me. BLE is the only program that has worked for me for any length of time. My family understands I eat differently, and don’t make me feel bad about what I eat. Thank you.

1. Diane

agree!

2. Susan Peirce Thompson

Hi Maureen,

A few things:

First of all, your Boot Camp WILL STILL BE AVAILABLE TO YOU. Those archives are not going away. We are continuing to support that website so that all past Boot Campers can still access the Boot Camp materials. To my knowledge, Bright Line Eating has never reneged on a promise, and we certainly don’t intend to start now. 🙂

Second, you have so many options for going All-Access if you want access to all that’s coming up. Bright Line Holiday, Reboot Rezoom, and the Maintenance Trio of courses…they’re going to be super fun. But yeah, $1750 is a lot on a fixed income. Please remember that $40 per month or $400 per year will get you the All-Access Membership as well!

Third, WELL DONE, MAUREEN for keeping off that huge amount of weight and helping your family to understand that you eat (and LIVE!) BRIGHT!!!

Loving you down in Lima. You have choices. It’s all good. Take your time. You don’t have to make any decisions today.

Much love,

32. Fiona

Several years ago I suggested that an option be offered for a person to be able to sponsor another person who may not have the means to do a program. Does BLE have any interest in pursuing that concept? The logistics and implementation would be up to BLE as to what would make the most sense. I see a lot of folks saying that they aren’t able to afford a program, but want to do one. Those folks who can afford a program and are willing, could make that happen for them. I would love to sponsor someone through BLE. Could be personal or anonymous, as chosen by the recipient. I am blessed to have the means but not the need – perhaps something could be designed so that we could help each other out. Just sayin’. If not a direct sponsorship, perhaps a grant program structure where donors give money to BLE for the purpose of helping those in need of “bright funds.” ;-D

1. Sherry

That would be awesome! I took the susceptibility quiz and I’m a 10 so I know I need all the support I can get. I’m unemployed due to an injury so even a discounted rate is not an option for me. It would be a blessing to be able to gift back in the future. Regardless, I’m going to get the book and give it a go!

2. Susan Peirce Thompson

Hi Fiona,

We heard your request and we implemented it! For many years we had a Bright Line Eating Scholarship Site where people could donate to the BLE Scholarship and others could claim a scholarship.

Here’s what happened. When we first launched it, a big bunch of money was donated, about $20,000. We gave all that away in scholarships, and then some. But after that, almost no one gave. We’d get about $200-$400 per month in scholarship donations coming in.

Meanwhile, Bright Line Eating continuously offered scholarships for every program, every request. We gave out MILLIONS in scholarships.

We spent more on the staff to support that scholarship site than it brought in. I think perhaps we didn’t advertise it enough or something. (Which, we didn’t.) It was just there. But people didn’t know about it.

Today, we’ve announced that we’re lowering our Core Membership prices to down below what our scholarship rates used to be, so for now, the scholarship site has gone away. But in the future, what I hope to do is to set up a separate fund, in a 501c3 like it should be (so donations will be tax deductible), so that generous souls like you can support the fund.

I hear and see you, Fiona. I love your heart.

Together we’ll get 1 million Bright Transformations by 2025 and global obesity Trending Down by 2030. People like you and me, who truly care, will make a difference in the world, in this specific way.

We will.

LoveloveLOVE you!!!

33. Karen Brennan

Susan I joined a Life Time Boot Camp on October 8th 2015 th.
    Now you are telling me I have to spend even more money. I am not on Facebook.. So I think what i have signed up for is not accurate.
    I have followed you for 6 years I cannot afford another Boot Camp.

1. Diane

agree!

1. Susan Peirce Thompson

Hi Diane,

We are very careful to keep our promises around here. Integrity and Generosity are two of our core values, and we stand by them.

Old Boot Camp materials are still being supported in the same way they’ve always been.

Much love,
        Susan

Hi Karen. If you’ve done Boot Camp in the past, you will still have access to your materials. That isn’t going away. 🧡

3. Susan Peirce Thompson

Hi Karen,

No need to join the membership if you don’t want to. You have choices. Your Boot Camp website will still be supported by Bright Line Eating, and you will find your materials there, as always. Nothing is changing for you, my dear.

Much love,

34. Jeanne B

Is there any way for those of us who are unable to be on Facebook but have done many programs and have long term maintenance success to access a Bright Ticket? I’m looking forward to the new platform away from FB as it would give me a chance to really participate with the community and get support in addition to what I have at home.

1. Ann Jarrett

HI Jeanne B,

Here is my Bright Ticket code: t3zbrb

Good luck, I am going all access too!

1. Jeanne B

😍Thank you on so very much, AnnJ! I’ll be looking forwad to meeting you when the new BLE online area opens😍

2. Marion

Is your BT code open to others (me) or is it limited to those you know?

Anyone can use any code, Marion! They can be used unlimited times. 🙂

35. Ariann Thomas

Great idea Susan. I have a Bright Life membership I paid annually in June. Do I get credit for the rest of the year that I paid for?

1. Ann Jarrett

Yes, per everything I have heard from SPT and read on the site, you will be credited with what you paid, obviously prorated. I prepaid my year too and the amount I have remaining will come off whatever plan I choose.

1. Ariann

Thanks.

Hi Ariann! Good news! Your current investment in Bright Lifers will be credited to your membership and the unused portion of this investment can be applied to your future membership renewal or the All-Access membership.

36. Steve Camp

My understanding when I signed up for Boot Camp, I would have lifetime access to all the videos and pdf files associated with Boot Camp. If I don’t sign up for the $20/month or $200/year membership, I will lose my access to that? If your answer is, no, that I’ll continue to have that access at no extra cost, then fine. But if that’s not the case, then don’t you think that’s reneging on an agreement?

1. Amber

I am waiting for an answer to this, too. Thanks for asking!

2. Ann J

Steve,
      I am not 100% sure, but fairly confident that hasn’t changed.

3. Diane

agree!

4. Amber

I have another question: if we sign up during bright ticket week for All Access for $400/$40 and become a founding member… What happens if we need to cancel our subscription or switch to the Core tier? Do we lose the founding member credentials? If we want to return to All Access, will it still be $400/$40 or will it increase to the $500/$50? I am thinking most likely is that we keep the status, but the price increases, but it could be any of the possible answers, so just curious about this. Thank you!

1. Ann J

I don’t know about retaining credentials Amber. I’m fairly certain I heard on a town hall meeting that if you switch down to the core membership and then want to come to the All Access, it would then be $50. The $40 or $400 is a deal just for that week, but is locked in to that price as long as you keep that level.

2. Susan Peirce Thompson

Hi Amber,

As long as you stay a Bright Lifer at either tier (Core or All-Access) you’ll keep your “founding lifer” status. We’ll have some other “Founding Lifers” in the Core membership, namely current Bright Lifers who decide not to go All-Access…their membership will be converting to a Core Bright Lifers Membership and they’ll have Founding Lifer status.

But as for the price…yeah, you’ll need to continue to be an All-Access member to keep that discounted rate.

Hope that helps!
        xoxo

1. Amber

Great – that’s what I thought. Thanks for confirming!

5. Sage

That’s my question too! The 500 dollars I spent already on a boot camp – a year ago- that was extremely difficult to bear financially, but I considered it to be worth it – as I continue to work the program and return to the hub for support constantly! Now is that access going to disappear? That would be very upsetting!

1. sage

HOORAY!! THANK YOU!!! I am so grateful.

6. Susan Peirce Thompson

STEVE! STEVE!

We are absolutely, positively NOT going to renege on our commitment to give you continued access to your Boot Camp materials.

You will continue to have access, exactly how you have it now. It won’t be changing a bit.

We track our agreements around here, and sticking with them is top priority.

I appreciate you.

37. Karen Andrews

Dear Susan,
    It is clear that your emerging focus will be on international expansion of your program. Good luck! It is a worthy goal.

However, for those who are strapped for cash, it would be helpful to mention that there are many FREE 12-step programs devoted to food addiction recovery throughout the United States. These have sponsors and weekly meetings and a supportive community. This does not include the additional coursework you offer, but in most respects the information is covered through the weekly free meetings.

Thank you for allowing me to point out this option.

1. Susan Peirce Thompson

Hi Karen,

Absolutely! 🙂

You’re right, I didn’t mention that in this Vlog.

I do mention it, though, in one of the regular emails that goes out whenever someone joins our email list (that’s 1.6 million people since August, 2014) and I give links to every 12-Step food program in my first book, Bright Line Eating (more hundreds of thousands of people)…

I’m not sure there will ever be such a contest, but if there’s ever a contest for the person who has brought the most people into 12-Step food recovery, I want to enter.
      *wink*

12 Steps changed my life. Saved my life. Gave me a life. I haven’t had a drink or a drug in 27 years and I am grateful for every moment of the new life I have been given, thanks to that meeting I stumbled into on August 9th, 1994.

With love and respect,
      Susan

P.S. — I once did the math on how much I was spending on the “free” 12-Step food program I was in back then. I was going to 3 face-to-face meetings a week, and the social norm when the basket was passed was to put $2 in. I calculated gas and dollars for the basket on a monthly basis, and came up with $32/month. I also donated things like copies when handouts were needed, and so forth. I got tons of recovery, but I did spend actual money on it. Even at $1 per meeting or a few coins per meeting, it adds up to “something” not “nothing.” And…that’s okay. There’s not much in this world of materials beings in a physical plane that’s super, super valuable that’s 100% “free” in every way. xoxo

38. Lena

Thank you Susan, I have followed you for a number of years and love the info you give us. The program works, even for an 68 year old with an underachieve thyroid. However, I won’t join due to financial strains but can sort of understand that you are heading that way. No freebees in this world! Keep up the great work!

39. JOELLE BABCOCK

Hello Susan,
    Due to financial issues, I cannot do the “all access” monthly cost but could potentially do the “core” monthly cost.

My question is this: will people in “core” have access to the BLE app you are creating?

Joëlle B.