Have you struggled with weight, dieting, or body image in the past? If so…

Your Brain May Be Blocking You From Losing Weight.

How susceptible are you?

RESEARCH UPDATE – How to Lose Weight After Menopause

It’s time for another research update! In this week’s Vlog, I present more findings from our Research Program and share a study that we recently published in Current Developments in Nutrition addressing weight loss success as we age. Watch to hear all about it.

Podcast Audio

Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D. is a New York Times bestselling author and an expert in the psychology and neuroscience of eating. Susan is the Founder and CEO of Bright Line Eating®, a scientifically grounded program that teaches you a simple process for getting your brain on board so you can finally find freedom from food.  Read Susan’s Full Story

Join the Conversation

Comments

1. Florisabel Castillo

I have to say that before BLE I had lost all hope in any diet plan. I’m post menopause and as a result of loss of estrogen, depression and bad eating have put on over 40 pounds in the last three years. I came across BLE last year, did the 14 day challenge and lost 15 lbs during , and another 6 lbs in the next month or so.
    Unbelievable! The study is true.!The plan works even during this time when we all struggle with so many changes. Unfortunately, I fell off the wagon towards the end of last year ,as I was hit by yet another wave of family events during which I went back to my old habits finding comfort in food. I put on all the weight I had lost back and then some,. After a scary event that send me to ER, I have decided to jump back into the plan and make a life long commitment, because life is too precious and short to let obesity diminish and control my quality of life.. Thank you Susan and BLE team for all the hope and support you bring to people like me who had given up the idea of a healthier life style .

We’re so glad to hear you’re back after your stay in the ER. We here at the Bright Line Eating team are sending you love and light as you recover. 🧡

2. Jeanne

These findings are so encouraging and true!! At age 75 I’ve released 70 lbs. since starting BLE!! I’m not at goal, but I’m already experiencing the “Happy, Thin & Free” feeling…. With more energy, and no depression, I’m very thankful. ❤️

Absolutely—happy, thin, and free are a state of being. A mindset. 🧡

3. Carol

That is so great,I guess I’ve been underestimating Insulin all this time and bemoaning the Estrogen loss. Me 75. Thanks Team BLE and SPT.

We’re so glad you found this vlog helpful. Thank you for being a member of our community! 🧡

4. Me Me

Congratulations SPT and the BLE staff, this is such GRRRREAT news!
    I BELIEVE!!
    Post menopausal Me Me
    Tuesday was day 100, down 15 lbs!!

5. Levie Chustz

Congratulations SPT and the BLE staff, this is such GRRRREAT news!
    I BELIEVE!!
    Post menopausal Me Me
    Tuesday was day 100, down 15 lbs!!

6. Leah Allan

So glad the research data supports this finding about menopausal women!! When people ask me ‘Why BLE?’ my number one answer is always ‘Because it WORKS!’ I’ve been guilty of buying into the narrative that ‘women of a certain age’ must simply ‘accept’ the fact that they are heavier. For me, the stories in my head (and actually spoken out loud to me by MDs) always said that due to being menopausal, having hashimotos, and being in my mid-50s, I probably just needed to accept the fact that my weight would stay around the 170s (shout-out to Heidi above :-)). I joined the BLE Boot Camp in August of 2019 and have been bright every single day since then. I am now at my goal weight of 125 (original goal was 135 but I kept going because my right sized body at 5’4″ was wanting to be less)! BLE is my recovery, my life, my identity. I don’t often say I like to be a ‘number’ or a ‘statistic’ but with this research – I’m PROUD to be a part of that data. Don’t let the nay-sayers tell you that you cannot lose weight in pre-menopause, peri-menopause, or full-blown menopause because you CAN! And BLE is how!

1. Heidi

Thank you LEAH for the wonderful support and confirmation that BLE works! I forgot to mention that I also have Hashimoto’s but my recent bloodwork shows big improvement since eating the BLE way and my MD has cut my Synthroid dose in half. ( Could be a coincidence, but I believe that since eating healthier and eliminating the inflammatory -and addictive- sugar and flour, my thyroid is functioning better!) If I continue on this weight loss pattern, I expect to reach my goal weight by Christmas – and THAT will be the best present ever! So happy to see that there is research supporting this wonderful plan for life! Wishing you all the best on your continued journey! 😉

1. Leah Allan

YES!! I started working with Functional Medicine to heal my gut with a focus on healing the autoimmune disease, and the results have been amazing! I would have never even thought of going down that path without hearing more about it via BLE, and moving to such healthier food choices. I’m so focused on my health now, that the goal weight is a bonus every day. You WILL get there Miss Heidi – just keep doing what you are doing!!

1. Heidi

😉

7. Heidi

Hi Susan – I’ve been BLOWN AWAY by the Brightline Eating program ( did not do the “bootcamp” but bought BOTH OF YOUR BOOKS since I’m a retired health professional and wanted to understand more of the science ). I’M 59 YEARS OLD, POST-MENOPAUSAL and have been diligently following your program for 34 days. My STARTING weight was 172.1 lbs and I’m now 160.8 lbs for a CURRENT WEIGHT LOSS of 11.3 lbs ( that’s an average of 0.33 lbs per day !). My goal is to get back to my “normal” pre-menopausal and pre-COVID weight of 130 lbs. I’ve tried other plans where I’ve lost the weight but not the cravings – and yo-yo’d back to 170 lbs or so. Also, many of the other plans had complicated recipes and I found it stressful ( and would sometimes panic looking in the fridge because I didn’t have a particular ingredient ) IN CONTRAST, Brightline Eating is simple and stressfree and my husband ( a fussy eater ) is enjoying the same meals I do. I bring my little scale with me if I’m visiting family ( and after the initial teasing – they saw how committed I was) and I now believe that this is the FIRST PROGRAM THAT I CAN ACTUALLY SEE MYSELF COMMITTING TO FOR A LIFETIME. Thank you SO much for your dedication and commitment to bettering people’s lives in a healthy way that works!!

1. Linda Cannon

Heidi,
      I also read the book, and did the 14-Day Challenge. I had no money for Bootcamp, but I’m at a NORMAL WEIGHT, after decades of obesity (I’m now 66yo.). It took well over a year to lose 84 pounds, but I knew it had to be a “forever” commitment.
      Don’t real, healthy foods now taste do much better? Fruit is such a blessing to me- I’m enjoying it more than the sugary junk I used to eat several times a day.
      Congratulations on both your commitment and your success!
      Blessings!

1. heidi

Wow – thank you so much Linda! What an accomplishment for you! I agree re fruit – have always loved fruit but if there was other ” junk” in the house that would always get eaten first and the fruit would rot. Now – I just don’t have anything in the house that would tempt me and I make sure to time my grocery shopping right after I’ve eaten so I’m not craving all the treats I have to pass by in the stores. Wonderful to hear about your journey! To your continued success … xo

8. Helen Sheehan

Wonderful news Susan. I would love to read the original paper. How can I access I?

9. Linda Cannon

Susan, Where is the link to this study? I enjoy reading the original studies.

1. Audrey

Yes! Would love to read this too