Have you struggled with weight, dieting, or body image in the past? If so…

Your Brain May Be Blocking You From Losing Weight.

How susceptible are you?

How Bright Line Eating Supports Cognitive Function

The members of the Bright Line Eating Team hold a book club meeting once a month, and the book we’re currently reading is called The Distracted Mind. I gleaned an insight from it that blew my mind, and I want to share it with you in this week’s Vlog because it relates to your BLE journey and clearly illustrates what differentiates BLE from other weight-loss solutions.

Podcast Audio

Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D. is a New York Times bestselling author and an expert in the psychology and neuroscience of eating. Susan is the Founder and CEO of Bright Line Eating®, a scientifically grounded program that teaches you a simple process for getting your brain on board so you can finally find freedom from food.  Read Susan’s Full Story

Join the Conversation

Comments

1. Frank

I’m pretty sure you misspelled the word “maintenence” on your site. You might want to check out a site like SpellRadar.com or SiteCheck.com which have helped me with problems like this in the past.

2. Vena Strauss

New journey for an old way of functioning..

3. L

Wow! That sums it up!

4. Linden

I just LOVE this video Susan! Habits! Automaticity! Support! The fabulous trifecta that has kept me in a Bright Sized body!!! I’ll be entering my 8th year/ since Oct 30 2014!! Whoot Whoot! Did I say I LOVE this vlog? I meant that I LOVE LOVE LOVE this vlog. Foundational/fundamental truths just never get old and thanks to being human/addicted or not, I know how much I benefit from the patient loving reminders that we share day in and day out in Bright Line Eating! <3

5. Bonnie Weiss (Dr. Kurt Thaw's mother)

Susan, I am so happy you chose this topic for this week’s vlog because it’s EXACTLY what I needed to hear! I am one of those people who writes down a list of things I’m going to do to lose weight, and then I never stick to the list! I’m really going to try this time to do all the things I need to do to make it become automatic for me to plan my meals and really stick to the program. Thanks again!

6. Roger Fuller

What is wrong with this video is that Dr. Thompson never distinguishes between a normal human brain vs. an abnormal human brain; or the same with animals. A human with a normal human brain never has a problem with their eating and always knows when to stop. Millions of people do. I know, I once was one. But things happen.

Hi, Roger. We’re not sure exactly what you mean by “normal” versus “abnormal.” Rather than referring to brains as normal or abnormal, Susan considers the susceptibility to addiction (which is on a scale) and also the effects of addiction on the brain. We hope that helps clear things up. 🧡

1. Roger Fuller

A normal brain is healthy and undamaged . By abnormal, I mean it is a damaged brain. The fact is, over 50 million people in the USA have a brain damaged by drugs ( to different degrees ); especially the Psychiatric Drugs which have no theraputic value. That ‘s the real cause of eating disorders and so many other diseases in the USA. But nobody has fixed the problem.