Have you struggled with weight, dieting, or body image in the past? If so…

Your Brain May Be Blocking You From Losing Weight.

How susceptible are you?

Anniversary Week

This week, we celebrated two very special anniversaries here at Bright Line Eating: the birth of this movement and my own sobriety date. Usually, around this time of year, I offer a Vlog on lessons learned or a similar topic, but I decided to do something different this time. Watch to hear my thoughts.

Podcast Audio

Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D. is a New York Times bestselling author and an expert in the psychology and neuroscience of eating. Susan is the Founder and CEO of Bright Line Eating®, a scientifically grounded program that teaches you a simple process for getting your brain on board so you can finally find freedom from food.  Read Susan’s Full Story

Join the Conversation

Comments

1. Carol

💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗!!!

2. Paula Westdorp

Thank you for founding BLE. Happy Anniversary to the organization and to you. While I’m only 55 days bright, I do not recall ever feeling more alive. I am so grateful for you and all that lifers do.

Here’s to another 7 and 27 years!

3. Jen Cook

Happy Anniversary, Susan, and Happy Birthday, BLE. This week’s vlog was so full of exactly what I needed to hear. Although it’s BLE’s birthday, I am the one who received the gift! Thank you for the role you’ve played in me getting my feet firmly on “the good path” where I can see the gifts in even the hard stuff and persevere. XOXO

4. Adriana

Happy anniversary , I don’t have weight problems just a little belly fat that I don’t like but I love listening to your podcasts. You are such an authentic human being and you have so much good to share. Congratulations !!!

5. Louanne LaRoche

Happy anniversary.. I am so grateful to be celebrating the good stuff with you.
    I love you

6. Heidi

Powerful Vlog! Congratulations on all of the wonderful milestones you’ve achieved and thanks for sharing your experience & wisdom. I bought your cookbook to help me eat healthier. While not a BLE-er I find your digital content to be so helpful in my daily life; whether it’s relative to my eating & health, or just “adulting” in general. Thanks again!!

7. Cynthia Fralin

Susan, thank you so much for your wisdom and guidance. You have helped me to see myself and my inability to eat sugars and flours which I really never understood before. I never understood why once I began eating sugar, in particular, the chemical and addiction took over and made me want more and more. I have participated in the 14 day program and incorporated this way of eating into my life. I have so many questions for living this way permanently. I am not a Facebook user so I would love to know how I can communicate with you or your staff with food questions as far as mixing foods more. I am a smoothie girl and a soup girl in the winter and wondering how you measure and count mixed foods like those. I have your book and I have all of your wisdom from it and all of your videos that I have watched. Thank you for sharing your journey and your life with all of us. You are an amazing inspiration and I thank you!!

Hi, Cythnia! You can find more information about soup and smoothies on our website here: support.brightlineeating.com. If you need to get in touch with our team, you can do so on that same webpage. 🧡🧡🧡

8. Bruce Prigge

Thanks Susan! Great talk. 😊

9. Rene Gorman

Susan, firstly, Happy Anneversary to you , great lady and to the Bright Line Eating program and community. What a touching Vlog. It sure came at the right time for me. Yes it is hard, but all worth while. You just gave me new hope. I need to save this Vlog so I can lister to it again and again … when times get hard. Live you.

10. Sherri Healey

I believe it was divine intervention that spared you that day so that you are here now, sparing us, everyday. I am beyond grateful to you and BLE. I wanted to thank you for saying that food is the hardest addiction. It feels so good to have someone validate what I am going through and have suffered with my whole life. It feels like I have been defending myself to everyone or trying to convince everyone that this is real and devastating and life altering, with no avail. But unless you are living it, you just don’t get it and I am learning to forgive those people in my life who are not supportive and to be grateful they don’t ever have to know what the power of food addiction feels like. Ignorance is bliss and I leave them to it. I don’t know where I would be today without BLE and now that I have found BLFreedom and Everett I know I am on the right path and I do “Got this”, one day at a time, one step at a time, one meal at a time. Congrats on your anniversaries and much love to you Susan!

11. Lori

Thank you, Susan. You are such a blessing to all of us.

12. Heather

thank you for your continued support, energy, time and HONESTY
    Keeps me grounded and simple
    Love ,see you on the web

13. Cat

Susan, congratulations, not just for BLE, but the struggle you share with us your followers. My daughter 4 years sober, gives me inspiration as well, and also combined with your knowledge I’m slowly getting to freedom from food addiction. Losing weight for me was always easy in my younger days, but I only had to lose 10-15 lbs, but now at 71 I’ve developed such negative habits around food. Thanks for all your inspiration, keep it up girl, for all of us struggling to get where you are.

Well done to both you and your daughter, Cat. Keep on keeping on! 🧡

14. Cilla

Your path Susan is absolutely meant to be!
    I love doing my Bright Lines.
    It is my anchor in these crazy times.
    This is the ONLY weight loss plan that works.
    So thanks to you and your team.
    Keep up the brilliant work.
    You are helping SO many people.

15. Elsa

Dear Susan
    You touched my heart so deeply. I cried wity you and for you.
    Thank you for sharing such open and sincere emotions.
    I am not there yet and continue on the wrong path.
    But soon very soon I will join you in the success love path.

Happy Happy Birthday BLE
    God bless you always and your family.

As Susan has also said: Even when you are in the ditch, you are only a few feet from the road.
      We are here with open arms, dear Elsa, walking on the road by you. 🧡

16. Janet Worland

Susan, I too cry with you for gratitude. How could you turn your mess into your mission without going through it. I’m grateful for BLE and for all you’ve created through this program and community. Congrats and blessings to you, janetworland

17. Mare

WOO HOO 🥳🎉👏👏👏 Happy birthday BLE and happy anniversary Susan.

18. Stefi

Many congratulations Susan!! 🥳🎈🎉🎁🤗🥰

19. Marilyn

This vlog was absolutely beautiful. The best one ever. Although I have to say that I cherish all of them!!! Love you!!!

20. Athena

I am so touched and moved by you. I feel so blessed at having found someone who “gets it” and has such a big heart.
    Congratulations on all your anniversaries and just being you.
    And congrats to me on finding BLE and you!

21. Susanna McCan

So very beautiful, Susan!!!

22. Polly lewis

Life is hard, choose the right hard….

God bless and thanks a million

23. Ellen

Love you, Susan! You are so gifted. Many thanks to you and for you and for BLE.

24. Joan

You are a phenominal Person. Keep on journeying. With kove,
    Joan

25. Karen

So grateful to BLE for my recovery from food addiction since May 1, 2020. You are so right about the good path is just beyond the the hardest path.

26. Dara

Wow. Love to you Susan and THANK YOU

27. Michele

I utterly and completely LOVE YOU! You are so genuine and it comes through in every single vlog. May God continue to bless you richly!

28. Margie nielsen

Thank you so much for sharing. It touched my heart. As one in recovery myself I understand the gratitude. I am in awe of your journey, and am learning so much.

29. gursharan saini

GOD loves you ,we love you. doing great service to obese community.
    Thanks

30. Sue Armstrong

I am so grateful I know you! Virtually. Any way at all. You inspire me.

31. Maura

WOW! This is an amazing Vlog! Thank you for the transparency, vulnerability and the BLE roadmap that has now saved me, as well !

32. Susan Engle

I’m here, and so grateful that you opened the door to recovery for me. I’ll be in Rocehster in September. Any chance I could give you a hug?

33. Diana McInelly

What a beautiful VLOG. I felt every word you said very deeply and want to express my appreciation for you and the information you share with the world! What a blessing you are to have taken hardship and challenge and turned it into a pearl to be shared with I’m sure millions by the time you’re done.

I heard about Bright Line Eating from the food revolution summit and about the same time my oldest daughter shared with me that she had read the Bright Line Eating book and had lost 35 pounds just following the information in the book. I checked out the website and joined the 14 day challenge which then turned immediately into joining the Boot Camp. I am in week two of the Boot Camp and loving all the information and resources available. I have lost 16 pounds since learning about this way of eating and keep steadily going down.

I couldn’t be more grateful for the information and for finally finding a program that works. I have every confidence that if I keep my lines bright I will lose all my excess weight and be in a right sized body again for the first time in many many years.

Bless your heart Susan! Right now I feel such love for you and the mission you took on to help all of us who are following in your footsteps. Thank you so much and happy happy anniversaries!!! You are awesome!!

Amazing, Diana! Thank you for sharing your story with us. We are so excited for your journey–week 2 of Boot Camp. You’re doin’ it! 🧡

34. Helen Watkins

Susan we are so grateful you were spared too. Your story is such a powerful story and we all learn everyday from your wisdom. Thank for creating such a moving vlog. It really touched my heart.

35. Dr Joan C Rodano

you are an inspiration thx

36. Patrick M.

Your story makes me weep. And, the voice that got you up and out of that crack house was real, I’ve heard it too. Sadly, you never mention the name of He who saved your life and brought you prosperity. We know him as God. You should say thankyou once in a while.

1. Sue Armstrong

We try to not to be judgmental here in Bright Line Eating, Patrick. Just sayin’

37. Emily Chatfield-Lusto

Thank you, Susan, for this powerful message. And a big hug of love and appreciation for the gift of Bright Line Eating—and yourself. You and your team and all the community are making my walk in the path so much lighter..🙏🏽❤️

38. Linda

I respect everything about you Susan! From the way your vlog isn’t scripted, to your honesty and intelligence, to the way you give a wink at the end of every segment. 😉 bright line eating, and you, are a breath of fresh air.

39. Helen Spingola

A winner vlog……

40. Fran Caudronllll

So much truth, to not talk down or theorize or preach to the addict. Accept, walk with, encourage and cry with. Do not take this good path lightly.

41. Debbi Neher

I’m highlighting this quote for all calligraphers who want to make wall plaques: “The good stuff isn’t behind the door of pleasure and ease; the good stuff is behind the door of challenge and hardship and difficulty.” Thank you Susan for your life, your love and your servant leadership. And happy “Seven Year Itch” 🙂

42. Kathy Lehman

Love you, too, Susan! ❤️💐🥳

43. Vicky

No crack house for me but 31 years clean and sober 7-7-21, turned 65 7-1, rebirthday 7-4-98. Wasted 19 years partying, gave away myself, jumped from one alcoholic man to the next who ever would have me. Food and chocolate still my vises.

44. Joseph

Seven years!! What a milestone! All the way safe!
    Joseph in Missoula

45. Richard

Awesome. Made me cry and remember…. I’m still waking up in my “crack house” every day, but thanks to BLE, I’ve stepped out for long stretches. Thanks for reminding me of the good stuff.