Have you struggled with weight, dieting, or body image in the past? If so…

Your Brain May Be Blocking You From Losing Weight.

How susceptible are you?

You Can Eat Two Meals a Day on Bright Line Eating

I recently had a coworker staying with me while we did some big-picture Bright Line Eating thinking. She follows the BLE food plan and finds that it works best for her to only eat two meals a day, so I had the opportunity to experience eating twice a day with her. Watch this week’s Vlog to hear how it went.

Podcast Audio

Susan Peirce Thompson, Ph.D. is a New York Times bestselling author and an expert in the psychology and neuroscience of eating. Susan is the Founder and CEO of Bright Line Eating®, a scientifically grounded program that teaches you a simple process for getting your brain on board so you can finally find freedom from food.  Read Susan’s Full Story

Join the Conversation

Comments

1. Maggie McDermott

Hello:
    I have been doing BLE for weight loss since May 8. While I have lost a little weight, I feel I am going no where. I weigh and measure, yet feel I must be doing something to keep me stuck weight wise. Can you help? Many thanks. Maggie McDermott

Hi, Maggie!

That’s a nuanced question that would require much more discussion to get to the root of it.

To get to the bottom of it, we’d need a lot more information, such as your weight loss rate, how long you’ve been doing the program, how close you are to goal, what your meals typically consist of, etc. These are in-depth questions that are best covered by a coach in a Boot Camp Coaching Call or a Bright Lifers Accountability Call. If you have access to either of those, we’d suggest taking advantage of our coaches’ expertise to help get to the bottom of the issue.

That said, there is information on plateaus in chapter 14 of the Bright Line Eating book. There’s a process listed for what you can do in a plateau, which is 4 weeks of perfect Bright Lines and no weight loss. 🧡

2. Rajani Natarajan

I eat 2 meals a day, I started for health reasons and after seeing a vlog by Dr Michael Greger about the benefits of a shorter eating window. I soon found out it was more convenient for me to just do 2 meals as far as prep time and also for work since I work in a hospital and it’s difficult to take more than 1 break. I have been doing this for about 2 years now and it works beautifully for me. I eat at 730 am (meal1) and 2pm (meal2) and I split everything in equal halves, grain portion, fat portion, veggies, fruit and protein. I also eat simple and have the exact same thing (occasionally different fat or fruit) for both meals. This vlog basically endorses what I do. Thank you Susan!

3. l

how do you divide the missed meal (food) and add it to the meals you are eating? Do you disperse it among the 2 meals in any way you prefer or are there some rules to be followed?

1. Debbie Richmond

I personally add the breakfast portion to my dinner but you could split it between any 2 meals. I struggled at dinner and never felt satisfied and then spent the evening really struggling this is why i added it to my dinner. It is working so well for me and I am no longer struggling. I actually feel now like I can do this.

4. Debbie Richmond

I am so happy to hear this. I attempted BLE in August 2020 and fell off the wagon. I have recommenced last week with just 2 meals per day (Lunch and dinner) and i know add my breakfast portion to dinner and i am doing so well. I feel so satisfied now and not having to white knuckle through the evening. I am so pleased to hear this VLOG as i was just going to say nothing to noone about what i was doing until i could actually get alot more time under my belt. Thankyou for this VLOG.

5. Christine Edwards

I have been doing two meals a day on Fri/Sat/Sun for a couple of years now. It makes it easier on the weekends when my Husband and I like to have a glass of wine and a larger (and yes sexier) dinners. I do eat breakfast later so I don’t have the long wait until dinner and it is automatic for me now (automaticity) because I have been doing BLE since 2017 and doing this for 2 1/2 years now. I will even do this when I am on vacation too. I does work.

6. sassimint grace

If one does it every day, how can it be called ‘intermittent’?

1. Janet Black

Compared to the typical American style of eating which can go from morning until bedtime, intermittent fasting is refraining from eating long enough for the body to go into autophagy (the word means self-eating), which is a way for cells to recycle and clean up their components. This is important for cellular health and has many health benefits for those who do it. Ideally, you want a window of at least 12 hours during which you are not eating or drinking anything with calories. I maintain a fasting window of 16 hours on most days and 24 hours once a week.

Good question! “Intermittent Fasting” means a period of cycling between eating and not eating, even if those periods occur daily. 🧡

7. Ruth E Wells

I really appreciate your guidance on this subject. I’ve used a two-meal plan pretty consistently for several months and it makes my day so much more productive. But automaticity absolutely is the key. I’m super susceptable to exceptions triggering binge behavior. But consistency is th emagic of this lifestyle. JFTP.

8. Yvonne

I came to Bright Line eating in 2015. I did intermittent fasting for about a year. I ate in a 5 hour window – between 8am and 1pm. I honestly enjoyed the freedom of not having to think about food for the rest of the day. Originally I fasted for health reasons but to be honest it quickly became a means to control my weight. My food controller was in full force. I ate less than the recommended weight loss plan and become very thin. My mindset around food became quite skewed. I am now back to eating 3 BLE meals a day and I eat all my food. I am a healthy weight and I have far more peace around my food..

Thank you for sharing your experience, Yvonne. It sounds like you have found a more peaceful routine and we are grateful to hear that. 🧡

9. Roslyn Harris-Tyler

Thank You for developing and sharing this program. I purchased the book yesterday. A friend of mine has watched ladies in her exercise class successfully thrive on your program. She admits that years of exercise did not accomplish the Amazing Results the participants desired to have. She encouraged me to read this book and walk in the ” Bright Lines”.

I am halfway through the book; eager to complete the book to begin the 14 day challenge. I must admit, the no sugar, no flour had the Saboteur screaming, “,there has got to be a better way, go back and try the other programs that gave you more options to eat”. I learning this is exactly Why I must do this program.

I am ready to embark with Bright Lines to direct my path.

Respectfully yours,
    Roslyn

Hi, Roslyn! We extend a warm and sincere welcome to you and are grateful you have found your way here. 🧡🧡🧡

10. Sue Diamond

Glad to hear this vlog. I’m never heard you talk about this before, yet, it is how I have always eaten on BLE. It works perfectly for me – I just split the meals down the middle. I eat my first meal around 11am-noon and the second around 6-7 pm most of the time. You are right on about how I get it all screwed up when I’m travelling and with people who eat 3 meals a day. My brain tells me I have to eat early, just in case I can’t get food at 11 am – I end up eating too much because I can’t eyeball the amounts when it’s 3 meals a day. So, I’m always happy when I can get back home to my routine. Thanks, I enjoyed this.

11. Donna Black

I am so thankful for this week’s vlog. The two meal a day would work so much better for me. And thank you for the ideas of how this works. My question as I listened, was, “how would I get all the food in”, so your explanation was perfect for me. I have not yet done the 14 day boot camp but am planning on it in the next couple of weeks. Thanx again

You’re welcome, Donna! We’re honored to support you in your journey. 🧡

12. Janet Black

I was doing two meals a day and intermittent fasting before I started BLE and it works for me. I have brunch around 11:00 or noon and dinner at 5 or 6 pm. Once a week I do a 24 hr fast (skip brunch on Thursdays) which gives some additional benefits. When I was going thru cancer treatment and fell into the ditch, I tried 3 meals to try to get bright. It didn’t work. I eventually rezoomed with my 2 meal a day schedule.

Sounds like you have a solid routine, Janet! Thanks for sharing! 🧡

1. Janet Black

Coming up on 200 consecutive bright days and 47 pounds lost. My husband is doing it too and is at maintenance (which turned out to be 10 pounds lower than he originally thought).

13. Earl

I grew up in the Caribbean and as a young person and for years of growth, we had a big breakfast and a big lunch at 12:30.
    After 6:00 PM we had a cup of tea or hot chocolate with bread and butter . I was lean but playing sport I was burning carbs.
    Americans eat heavy in the evening. Consider this pattern.

14. Teresa

Great information!!! Thank you so much for sharing… enjoy tuning in to your weekly Vlog. Your the best.