Can You Eat Fruit on Bright Line Eating?

Right now, at the time of shooting this video, we’re in the middle of the Food Freedom Masterclass Series launch. During Facebook Lives I’ve done as part of the festivities, I’ve been asked a particular question multiple times, so I decided to answer it in this week’s Vlog for everyone to hear.

TAKE ME TO FOOD FREEDOM!

Comments

1. Em

Thank you very much for addressing the whole food combining thing! My Mom eats fruit and only fruit in the morning alone and then never with any other food. Seems to work great for her. I tried eating this way and don’t think it works as well for me. I do think I do better if I eat it with other foods….
    I love your videos!!!

2. Marti

I am a 10++++ on the Susceptibility Scale. I am a serious food addict, and sugar, flour and starch are my drugs of choice. I am a binge eater and grazing cow. And yes, I used to binge on ANYTHING which was edible at all – man made Frankenfoods as well as real food. And yes, I can easily eat 12 fresh apricots – no problem! And yes, I used to binge on all kinds of fresh fruit and dried fruit and fruit juice (and many other foods too). My brain is wired to put food in my mouth because I am an emotional eater – I used to eat anything at any time of the day – non-stop bingeing and grazing. But with the help of BLE I changed my destructive eating habits completely and permanently. There was a lot of trial and error since I started Bootcamp on 10 October 2017, and I discovered that for me it is simply so much easier to NOT eat fruit at all. Yes, I know that berries are highly recommended. But this is how my brain works: about 2 years ago I bought a big bag of frozen blueberries from my friend, who got same on special somewhere, and those blueberries HAUNTED me from the deepfreeze. I simply could NOT stop thinking about those frozen blueberries until they were all gone. When my friend asked me whether I wanted to buy more blueberries I declined. BLE has taught me to watch my brain’s reaction to food very carefully, and make the necessary adaptations to get to food freedom. The freedom from those nagging food thoughts are much more precious to me now than being able to eat fruit. Fruit is binge food to me. Period. And therefore I am much happier to cut out fruit completely, because I never have to think about fruit ever again. Yes, some people can eat fruit as part of a meal, but for me fruit is problematic. With time I learnt to get rid of problem foods, and my mood is so much better since I became happy, thin and FREE!!!!!

3. Marissa

Maybe there is a vlog about it already, but what about grains? I hear a lot of bad stuff about grains, so I’m curious about why are grains okay in BLE?

4. Sabine

This was very interesting and thank you. I’m somehow devastated that Stevia is not recommended either. What if one uses stevia together with real fruit in a breakfast just to add a little extra sweetness? Will the fibre of the real fruit protect from the effects of stevia or does the body absorb the two separately?

Hi, Sabine!

The Bright Line is not just for sugar, but for anything sweet other than whole, natural fruit and whole, natural vegetables. Concentrated sweetness is addictive, including Stevia. In rat studies, rats prefer sweet liquid (of any kind) over being injected with cocaine. This is even true for rats who are already addicted to cocaine. They still prefer the addictive hit of the sweetness hitting their taste buds. But do not worry—once your taste buds are trained to not need concentrated forms of sweeteners, your sense of taste will change and the sweetness in fruits and vegetables will be more than enough to enjoy the full bounty of food. We invite you to trust and let it go for now. 🧡

5. Elise

This was a wonderful reminder of the Bright Line Eating book that introduced me to this amazing way of eating that none of my friends or family really understand. I started BLE after reading Susan’s book last October and doing the 14 day challenge–thank you. I have lost 40 lbs & reached what I consider my goal and am now trying to get into maintenance. It is truly amazing that I can now walk down the chip/cookie aisle in a store and not agonize over what I want to eat that night. I do not “dream” while exercising about what I will eat when I get home. The yummy goodies brought into my work office do not temp me any more. “Thank you” does not seem adequate for how I feel at 67 yrs old; and living a life of being overweight and trying diet after diet and failing or sabotaging myself. I am grateful that I have been allowed to receive the vlogs and other notices such as this series even though I did not do the Boot Camp–I just knew this was right and I was ready for it after reading the book!

6. Ellen Burgoyne

The only diet I have been able to see real success on was the Diet Center Diet I was introduced to back in 1985. It has much the same ideas of 3 meals, a lot of structure and very little flour and no sugar, but still I have to keep going back on it. I decided to “try” BLE 2 weeks ago never really believing that I could commit to no sugar or flour forever, but in this two weeks I can see a peek into my life without them and that brings me hope. The wide variety of foods seems more sustainable than my past experiences. My biggest problems are how to make my body happy and keep my family from feeling like they too are on a diet that they don’t need, so I am seeing the wisdom of preplanning and practicing not making last minute decisions. I’m getting the idea of this “willpower gap” and thank you for sharing your very open and honest journey with us Susan.

7. Theresa Burnett

As always Susan… You ROCK your knowledge and the point you are making!!!

8. Linda

Hi Susan,
    I am wondering about “food Combining”. It is my understanding that fruit should be eaten at least 30 minutes before other foods because fruit needs an alkaline stomach to process it and protein needs an acidic stomach to process it and when the two are combined it creates a sludge in the system and digestion slows to an unhealthy time and constipation or diarrhea occurs. Please comment on this. Thanks. Love your vlogs

Hi, Linda! The professional medical community is often at odds when it comes to two ideas about what will serve people best in any journey of transformation that has to do with weight loss. There are no police in Bright Line Eating, so while we encourage people to follow the Bright Line of Meals, which includes eating fruit with a meal, we welcome you do to what serves you best and what speaks to you. 🧡

9. Annette Westrich

How do you feel about corn? I know it is viewed as a vegetable by many, which bothers me. I also understand that it is a good that is highly sprayed with pesticides. Even though I am trying to eat only things that I can see growing out in a garden, I have chosen to omit corn from my diet
    What do you think?

10. Lena

Great Susan, I am BLE a follower most of the time but never knew that fruit has to be eaten with a meal, and you explain it in this vlog so well, thank you so much

11. Susan (of course!)

Great Info! Does anyone else remember Susan Powder (maybe Powter?) I think from the 1980’s… she had a white flat top haircut and was something else 😉 She advocated “single ingredient foods” I’ve been loosely following that advice for years. Sounds like that is what OUR “Susan” advocates as well. Great minds think alike, and if that great mind is in a SUSAN….. watch out, world! 😉

12. Lyn Wynters

Smart answer! WISE! Right on!!
    Just love you, Susan!!!
    ~Lyn 💃

13. Judy Wilmoth

Great information, needed to hear this after doing keto. I would also like to hear your thoughts on cheese. I also have a hard time accepting the fact that grains are ok….it’s that carb thing again. Thanks

Hi, Judy! Can you tell us more? What specifically are you wondering about regarding cheese? Are you curious about the addictive nature of cheese or how some individuals have a real pull to cheese? Tell us more. 😉

1. Angie

I am definitely wondering why cheese is so addictive for me…the sharper the better! Sets me off way more than would ever crave sugar and flour. Can skip it for months but once I have any I remember how wonderful it tastes to me. And to top that off dairy is an allergy food for me.

1. Lena

I have the same issue with cheese, so I don’t buy regularly, just sometimes

1. Angie

Yes, can give cheese up for years but succeptability is somehow still there.

But back to FRUIT:
            Had heard the same thing about not mixing fruits with other foods…
            Seems maybe it was said the reason was that it was to be kept separate as it digested at a different rate?

14. Dawn Molinero

It’s just all so confusing. Dr. Group says fruit only in the morning because it is gentler and assists with digestion. He also says not to eat fruit with a ‘meal’ because fruit goes through your digestive track quicker than other foods. You are saying eat fruit with meals, in the evening and so on….there is just too much conflicting information out there and who knows what the truth is? You are both degreed doctors and yet you don’t agree. Ugh.

Hi, Dawn!

The Professional medical community is often at odds when it comes to ideas about what will serve people best in any journey of transformation that has to do with weight loss. We hope that if you are motivated to try Bright Line Eating you will see from your results how things can work for you. Of course, any amount of personal research that you’d like to do that nets you the type of success that you are looking for is always encouraging. There are no police in Bright Line Eating, so while we encourage people to follow no sugar, no flour, three meals weighed and measured, your own experience of what works and doesn’t work for you over the short and long-term is very important. 🧡

2. susie

Susan Pierce Thompson is not not NOT A MEDICAL MD she has no medical training …

1. Lena

She may not be a MD, but she is very knowledgeable and has a very high success rate, just stick to one program and do not mix to whatever SUITS YOU! Or you are set up to fail

15. rita

Hi Susan,
    Loved this blog on fruit and your dislike on the word “carbs”. Wish I could get my husband to understand that he can eat vegetables on his as he calls it “Aitkens Diet” kind of modified to suit him. He is one that thinks ALL carbs are bad.
    Also have you ever addressed cheese in your Bright Line Eating blogs / vlogs?

16. Susan Baker

four days in four lbs released out of the ditch

waiting to get info on should I take the big boot camp????
    from one Susan to another

Hi, Susan! Congratulations on your four Bright days! Have you watched the Food Freedom Videos yet? We invite you to take a look at all the Food Freedom festivities so you can decide if Boot Camp is the next right step for you. Click here for the schedule of events, videos, transformations, and more: https://ble.life/j46q