Should You Start a New Diet on January 1st?

You’ll notice right away that I look a little different…because I chopped all my hair off again! The topic of this week’s Vlog actually relates to me cutting my hair off, and I’m going to share some research on how it applies to you and your Bright Line Eating journey. I realize it’s not anywhere near January 1st, but, this research applies just about equally all year long. Watch to hear all about it.

Click below to learn about the 4-hour LIVE workshop I’m doing this week.

I WANT TO KNOW MORE

Comments

1. Donna

I am so sad to hear BLE is going to start requiring a membership. I enjoy this group simply because of the freedom of choice to pay for some classes and attend some that are absolutely free of charge. I am saddened and disappointed that BLE eating is intending to join the realm of other corporate ‘fad diet’ entities that charge people for access , I believed BLE to be different, that it was really concerned and working toward assisting the obesity issues of the world. I have had tremendous success over a 3 year period in attaining my happy weight by simply reading the book, taking the 14 Day Challenge, listening to vlogs each week and following the FB groups. These small perks and reminders keep me going and on track, without access to them I will be lost.

1. Lucinda

I don’t know why she’s talking about membership as if it’s a new thing. Bright Lifers has been around for years. Maybe they are restructuring it, putting more in there as a way to attract more people or increase the price. But I don’t think you have to worry. It would be crazy not to offer some things for free, because every successful online business does this for promotional purposes. If people can’t experience a taster of what they’re getting, they won’t join. So I think you will find there are still some things you can get for free. And even if they tried to put everything behind a paywall, they do not control all the FB groups. So stick with it, Donna!

1. Raven

My understanding is that there will no longer be separate classes at all. It will all just be Bright Lifers. So currently, if you are not in Bright Lifers, you can still take a class. But later, you won’t be able to pick and choose which classes you want. You will have to join Bright Lifers, and then you will have access to ALL the classes, which I imagine would involve increasing the cost. So, yes, getting rid of the specific-class model IS very much a new thing. Having a membership, in general, isn’t, but having that be the only way you can access the classes is.

Hi, Donna! We can understand your concerns and we will continue to offer no-cost opportunities to learn and grow. The membership model has yet to be created, so please stick with us. You may like what is designed. 🧡

2. cathey

Love your hair short…5 years younger..enjoyed your story..you are so honest and sharing your real life experiences. You are so inspiring. Looking forward to the webinar on Saturday…love you right back

3. Theresa

Susan, Though I am not a bright liner, I have followed you since fall of 2015… I do know and feel your “real” love!!! I am so happy to see your short hair… You rock the short cut and seem like the real SPT again!!!

4. Denise

Susan, what is “washer-encer-p”? I realize that isn’t what you are saying, but that is what I am hearing, and I’ve “rewound” several times now. It’s about 22:45-22:50. I guess it really doesn’t matter, but it’s bothering me! LOL! Thank you for clarifying!
    And yes, you do rock the shorter hair–I thought last week that the shoulder length didn’t suit you very well. I find it interesting that we do things with our hair when we make commitments–a friend of mine had the “rat-tail braid” in memory of her father–and his terrible health–from shortly after he died (young) to the day she felt she could say she had lost her excess weight and regained her health. It was her sign of commitment to herself that she would NOT go down that same path!

1. Bonnie

Wash, rinse, repeat.

1. Denise

Ohhhhh!!!
        Thank you! That makes so much more sense now!

5. Stephanie Smith

When I was much much younger I had my hair cut that short. When I stepped out the car
    our dog growled at me. I think the cut looks really good on you and if it did it yourself
    you did a great job. As for me I just do not like short hair.

6. Suzanne Carvell

Susan thank you for this latest vlog. I found you in February and bought the book and I am brightlineeating still. I’ve had a couple of nmfs because I let family trauma affect my bounderies which I am working on strengthening with my counseller. With your help I pushed through and have lost an additional 20 pounds as my brain has released the fear of getting slim for more than a year of my life. Having a membership will help me so much and many others. The boot camp was my goal and I’ve been saving slow and steady for it. I have cut my hair right off twice in my 50s due to unhappiness in my marriage. I have been smoke free for 5 years. My numbers are 7, 2, and 4 being my fresh start numbers. Looking forward to the webinar and all that is happiness for brightlines coming. Have such a blessed year Susan.

Congratulations on being smoke-free for 5 years, Suzanne! Well done! We look forward to supporting you in Boot Camp when you’re ready! 🧡

7. Cindy Harig

You are a warm, loving, genuine human being and we love you back. You give so generously to others and I hope you know how much of a difference you make in the world and that hundreds of thousands appreciate you. I prefer long hair but you’re so gorgeous either way, your awesome personality is shining through.

8. Sherri Healey

Welcome back!! I love the new haircut! I recently cut all my hair off as well and it definitely feels like a new start to my life. At first I was nervous about the dramatic look but now I feel free. Thank you for always being the constant in my life as I navigate this food addiction path I am on. My journey has been very inconsistent and at times a bumpy ride but not you or BLE. I so appreciate all you do and all you sacrifice to bring this content to all of us. I cannot wait for the membership style platform to come to BLE as I want access to all of it but cannot always afford it. This way with a monthly fee I am committing EVERY MONTH to be in BLE, for life! Love, love, love you Susan!!

9. Lesley

So poignant at precisely the moment I needed to hear this message. A million times thank you! I also love your upcoming model of membership. That system will work so much better for many of us. I have wanted to do the Boot Camp since 2017 but the cost always got in the way. Thank you! And your hair is sensational! Here’s to strong commitments!

Hi, Lesley! We are happy to hear you are excited about membership and we’d hate for you to wait another 12+ months to enroll in the Boot Camp. We invite you to consider applying for a scholarship. You can begin an application here: scholarship.brightlineeating.com. 🧡

10. Gail Johnson

I love you too!

11. Lyn Wynters

I LOVE your short hair! You are fortunate to wear all lengths well, but SHORT is my favorite for you! 💜💃

1. Lyn Wynters

AND short for myself! Funny thing: I had just gotten a refresher-cut the day I listened to your vlog! ~Lyn

12. Nili Marcia

Dearest Susan, I am SO thrilled to hear you say you are fine, you feel rejuvenated and you are back. I’ve heard you tell the story before of hearing the voice which said “Get out now or that’s all you will be” and knowing that staying would have meant you would die but this time I heard it in a different way. Susan, BLE has been the most incredibly enriching force in my life. Through BLE I have regained control, hope, lost weight and made wonderful friends. The IFS work has been life changing in a major way. I bless the day I was introduced to you and the day you were not only introduced to Everett but were wise enough to know he could help your tribe. I got tears in my eyes today at the thought “What if she HAD died? The world would be a much less rich place without you in it, without BLE in it. Thank goodness you listen to your inner guidance or higher guidance –what ever you call it. Thank you, thank you, more of a thank you than I even know how to express.

Nili,

Thank you for your kind and generous words. We are so honored to support you in your journey. 🧡

13. Sherri

This video hits home for me right now. I am a Bright Lifer who has been struggling with my lines over the last few months. I am now tightening things up, closely following the plan and starting to see results on the scale and in my attitude. In a way, I am beginning again.
    Susan, it amazes me how often the topics of your videos are exactly what I need to hear just at that time. Thanks for everything you do and welcome back!

14. Steven H Brown

Susan theand that was more because hair looks great, and it is a mental turning of the page, for you and those of us wathching you on a weekly basis. I recently cut my hair as well, because the place I live got vaccinated and the risk to other of the virus killing them diminsihed greatly, and I felt the freedom to get my hair cut. strangely the big cultural story agth, when we cut our hairbout a haircut in Westersociety is Samson who becomes weak, when his hair is shaved off. I think in modern times we gain strength, in part because we decided.

15. Kirstin Mullis

I’ve been a brightlifer for several years and want to tell you I’m so excited for membership model! I hate when I have to pic and choose what parts of ble to take advantage of, and I’m so looking forward to see where this wonderful company and program goes.

Love to hear this, Kirstin! This is exactly what we’re going for! 🧡

16. Jackie

This whole message totally resonated with me. I woke up on May 5th – 3 days ago – and decided to finally admit to my food addiction, compulsive overeating and binging. I did some research and came across BLE and basically started that day before I really knew anything about the program. I’m now preparing for the 14-day challenge and I’m very focused. May 5th is definitely not a temporal landmark but it could be in the future! I feel so grateful to have found this wonderful community. Thank you Susan for everything.

Hi, Jackie! WELCOME! We are so happy you made your way to BLE and we look forward to getting to know you and supporting you in your journey. 🧡

17. Jackie

I think you so suit the short hair – I prefer it to the longer hair look

18. Rickie Friedli/Giono

You have a face shape that wears shorter hair well. It also lifts your face, looks youthful and cute. I bet it is easier to maintain and deal with, also.
    As a Bright Lifer, I hope my membership will not increase.
    Thank you for all you do. I love the research info. you give.
    Blessings, Rickie

19. Christine

I like your short hair, as well. Looks good on you, Susan.

20. suz

Don’t like the idea of a membership model…just another way to increase revenue and make more money. Its alienating.
    I prefer the course method…if I want to take a course, I take it and pay.
    Sorry to hear your are going the way of corporate business models. Makes me sad 🙁

Hi, Suz! Thank you for taking the time to watch and to share the thoughts you have. Our goal is to make it the opposite of alienating and to make BLE as inclusive and available as possible. This is still in the planning phase, so stick with us. You may like what you see. 🧡 😉

2. Judith

Love your hair short!
      I have Covid longer hair. Hate it . Cutting it off! Haven’t had any creep up weight gain over this last year. But I am not where I want to be. So, new fresh start !

21. Karen

Great vlog as usual; bummed about the coming “membership fee.” More and more, BLE as a business targets the wealthy. If you think it’s no big deal
    to add another “cell phone bill” or ” gym membership” fee to the monthly budget, then you’re out of touch. Thanks for the knowledge you have shared over the years–I will wave and wish you prosperity from this side of the river.

Hi, Karen! We can understand your hesitancy when hearing about the eventual change. Change can feel unsettling, especially without all the context and details ironed out. We absolutely understand your perspective and it is our intention that a membership model will actually help more people be able to access our courses and support and that we can be more inclusive by having a membership model. We will consider your feedback as we map out the transition. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. 🧡

1. Stephanie Smith

For some paying $30 a month is a lot easier then forking out $350.
        So to me it would make it easier for lower income people to join.
        WW changes a monthly fee as do other weight loss programs

1. Raven

I agree and disagree… The thing is, now we can decide which courses to take (and pay for) and to not take (and pay for) the others. I am worried that if everything is included, that if you can’t afford it, there is no option of “saving up” when you get a little extra (such as tax refunds, or whatever) — you have to have it ALL the time, or you’re out. I’m also worried about what the actual price will be. If everything is included, it seems like it would be worth a lot, so it would be unfair to offer it too cheaply, meaning that the material wasn’t worth more, but at the same time, if it is priced what it is worth, then it may not be affordable. Maybe a tier-method would work, so you could have a basic tier, then a mid-tier, and finally a top tier, with a side option that if you are in the basic (or mid) tier, you could take one of the classes in an upper tier *as a class*, and have access the way it is now (materials disappear after 6 months), which might be more expensive per class, but less expensive overall (paying for all classes all the time). I don’t know. I know I can occasionally splurge on a big thing, but could never afford to add another $30 per month fee. So, if it will be $30, I will have to leave. I could maybe do $5. I might be able to afford more if it was annual, but not much more. And that’s probably way too low for what Susan and company want to offer. So, as a low-ish income person (there are people way lower than I am), I find the choose-your-class option more doable, just because I can save up for it with unexpected or one-time only money, rather than having to budget it out of my monthly everyday income. That said, as many have said, we don’t know exactly what it will look like, so I am hoping that it will be affordable and that they will still offer scholarships (which I have used a few times and for which I am enormously grateful).

22. Stefi

❤️ the 💇🏻‍♀️!!! I always equated short hair on a woman as “power” and I also have my hair short right now. You rock it !! Love you Susan & your work!!

23. Jana Baker

Love your short hair and loved this blog! .

1. Sarah Katzin

Love your hair! You look more like you did when I did my boot camp!

24. Mari

Where’s the Grit announcement?

Hi, Mari! We sent out an email earlier this week about Bright Line Grit and have been talking about it on social media as well. There will be more information coming via email, in Facebook lives, and in the 2 workshops. You can view the schedule of events here: https://ble.life/fs37

25. Centel Tucker

Hey Susan….
    I never have commented on your Vlog before and I’ve enjoyed listening to it every week since I found BLE in May 2018.
    But I must tell you I had to send you a comment today: I LOVE LOVE LOVE you with short hair!
    You wear it well and it suits you.
    So, here is to new starts…whenever they need to happen! 🙂
    Cheers…Centel

Thanks for taking the time to comment today, Centel! Happy to have you with us. 🧡

26. Catherine Knight

Love the hair. I was excited for you to grow it long, and I liked that look too, but this really looks like a fresh new start and we all need that – maybe more now than ever. Great VLOG. Registered for the 4 hour course, looking forward to the FB lives, and intrigued by the membership option to come. We love you too

27. Krysta

Awww you got me at the end🥰 love you too! 40 days bright today. So glad to hear everything in here! I can’t wait to be part of the growing process of BLE

Congratulations on 40 bright days, Krysta! Wishing you many bright days to come! 🧡

28. Heather

This is amazing! I hope it makes it affordable
    For me to stay IN 100# ❤️🙏🏻

29. Sharon

You are so wonderful!

30. Sandra Neill

As soon as I saw the haircut, I thought “she’s back.” For someone who has been doing BLE since Oct 2015 and has lost some enthusiasm and trying to find my joy for BLE I’m thrilled (for me, her and the movement.

31. Tim Beatrice

Thank you and God Bless !

32. AMY

Even though I’ve been following you for several years, I’ve never been able to commit, but I do want to say, we love you too!

33. Debbi Neher

I like your hair both ways. I do get how the in-between stage is frustrating!
    Watching with interest to see how BLE looks after it crosses the river 🙂

34. Diane

I’ve been here and there and sometimes not since 2016, and I feel like I’m back too. One of the best things about BLE is that we can always return, rezoom and feel welcomed. I’m considering Bright Line Grit and looking forward to the webinar! I was at goal weight for almost 2 years but then my inner rebel got to drive and we strayed a little. I’m ready and motivated to get back where I was and I did it before so I know I can do it again. You rock as always Susan! Love you too!

35. Erika

I thank you so much because even do you where not at your 100% you still managed to show up for us. Love your energy and thanks for sharing all your experience that helped me so much to feel hope again! I pray for you and your family. Lots of love.

36. Katie

This is all SO EXCITING, Susan. 🙂 Your hair looks great, by the way. I’m a fellow chop-off-all-your-hair-to-mark-an-occasion gal. So many great things ahead, and glad you took the time you needed to hibernate. Let us know how we all can support you as BLE evolves.

37. Margaret Terris

Aww Susan your just a ray of sunshine x

38. Rebecca

Love the short do. Looks perfect on you.

39. Janese Powell

I’m soooooo glad you cut your hair and are back to short hair. I too have done short/long all my life because I have cowlicks on my neckline and can’t do “medium” hair. I am in the growing out phase now since October, having razor cut all through COVID – go figure! Thanks for all you do Susan and glad you are BACK! Much love!

40. Leslie

I love your hair short. It suits you very well and very professional looking.