Doing BLE When You’re Pregnant or Breastfeeding

The topic of this week’s Vlog is long overdue. We receive questions all the time from women who are pregnant or breastfeeding and wondering how to do Bright Line Eating successfully. Watch to hear my thorough response.

Comments

1. Sarah

I needed this. I just found out I am pregnant. I think I may have commented before about it. But my saboteur has been really bad. My last pregnancy I did not know about BLE but I was diabetic and followed that diet. I actually maintained my weight throughout and have a happy healthy 5 year old. I was obese at that time. And only slightly overweight this time. I wasnt quite done loosing all my excess weight when I got pregnant. The food plan is very similar to a diabetic diet. But this pregnancy I want to stay bright and I am sure if I showed my OB this plan he would be on board. He also does food seminars on WFBB.

Wishing you the very best in the months to come, Sarah. 🧡

2. Marie

Which program would you recommend for the coaching during breastfeeding?

Hi, Marie! Coaching is available in all of our courses. If you haven’t taken the Boot Camp, that’s where you’ll want to start. You can learn more about Boot Camp here: http://ble.life/u8bg. 🧡

1. Marie

Do you think boot camp is the best place to start given the fact that weight loss isn’t a main goal during breastfeeding? This is where I struggle…needing support and coaching/accountability with the sugar and flour, etc. So tough to not be ALL IN because of breastfeeding.

3. Jennifer E

I had gestational diabetes with my last baby and was told that you’re most resistant to insulin in the morning. So that meant that a fruit and a grain in the morning would be a bit of an overload!

1. Sarah

I was as well. But I had fruit protien and a fat

4. Amy

Hi Susan, I have question! What if you get pregnant while still having a lot of weight to loose? Is it then still the goal to stablize your weight during the first trimester? Or is it possibly OK to keep loosing weight on the weight-loss plan for a bit?

Hi, Amy! In certain circumstances, depending on how much weight you have to lose, your healthcare provider may approve of you losing weight during the first trimester of your pregnancy. Consultation with them is vital to determining whether the Weight-Loss Food Plan is adequate or whether you need to begin with the Maintenance Food Plan. 🧡

5. Evelyn

Great vlog, would have liked it even more if you had remembered to also refer folks to their midwife. Thanks

Hi, Evelyn! Absolutely…run the food plan past your healthcare provider of choice and they can help you determine the best course of action. Thank you for the reminder that not everyone is under the care of a physician. 🧡🧡🧡

6. Dusanka