What Bright Liners Eat for Breakfast

Today is very exciting because it’s the start of a 3-part Vlog series all about what members of Bright Line Eating actually eat for their meals every day. (Funnily enough, we don’t often talk about this in the weekly Vlog.) First up this week is breakfast, and I can’t wait for you to see it!

Comments

1. Rema

Being a vegetarian, I want to know the vegetarian food that I can eat before taking the 14 day challenge.

1. Sandy Cherrie

I am vegan and it fits perfectly into the BLE eating plan. My protein comes from nuts, seeds, beans, and fresh spinach. I eat TONS of vegetables and I eat fruit. I drink water. It’s perfect!!

1. Rema

2. Sara Sohn

I loved these videos!

I have quinoa with eggs often and tomato sauce, it’s like shakshuka. Just an idea for anyone reading 🙂

3. Connie Aylett

It would be nice to get the recipes for all the breakfasts

4. Anna-Marie

A question for Penelope Jane Smith (San Francisco area) – would you be willing to share how you make your sweet potato pancakes? Your enthusiasm is contagious!

Hi, Anna-Marie! There is a recipe in The Official Bright Line Eating Cookbook for Sunday Breakfast Rustic Patties that are a sweet potato pancake. We aren’t sure if this is the one Penelope uses or not. Hope this is helpful to you! 🧡

5. Effie Okeson

Would Miki from Japan be willing to make a blog with pictures and recipes of her dishes?! Japanese dishes are always so beautiful! I would love to know if she shares them anywhere.

Hi, Effie! We aren’t aware of a place where Miki shares her recipes. 😉

6. Aliette Freléchoz

Is there bright liners not eating breakfast (intermediate fasting – 2 meals food plan) and is it advisable in the weight loss phase ?

1. Aimee Schwartz

Hi, I just read that post, and it does not really address skipping breakfast, just says you can eat breakfast later and dinner earlier. What about eliminating one or two meals per day and having all the required foods in one or two meals instead?

Hi, Aimee! In that instance, you would divide the food from the third meal and add it to your two meals. 😉

1. Carol

I vary between 3 meals and 2 meals..just on my mood. I don’t like to eat early anymore since retired so if I do 3 eals I eat between 11-12, 3-4, 7-8 so I get about 15 hrs for intermittent fasting. If I do 2 meals I do about 11-1 and 6-8. But you find what works for you. This so-called intermittent fasting isn’t anything new. If you look at the older generation they usually eat a late breakfast and early supper. Our ratings change as we get older.

7. Tracy Rush

Wow! Famous people like BLE also. Tony Wade is for sure Tony Robbins. I would recognize that voice anywhere. Thanks Tony !

8. Becca Pronchick

Thank you Susan for sharing these wonderful ideas for breakfast! Yum. 💞

9. Weltha Jane Jensen

These were all so wonderful! The last one with the Zesty Orange Rasp Parfait, mentioned a word several times that I didn’t understand. Goat milk yogurt is a good alternative to regular yogurt because it is what? Fimap? thighmat? What?? Thanks.

1. Aimee Schwartz

FODMAP

1. Weltha Jane Jensen

Thank you so much. I had never heard of it, but have looked it up now.

2. Adrianna Flavin

Hi, Weltha! Eating a low FODMAP diet is important for some folks with gigestive issues. FODMAPs are a group of fermentable carbs that aggravate gut symptoms in sensitive people. They’re found in a wide range of foods. Feel free to Google for great information. I know I must avoid onions at all costs because of this.

3. Stephanie Smith

I read BLE comment before I heard her video. I would have never guessed she was saying Foodmap.

10. Linda

Really enjoyed this blog and it was very encouraging watching others on the BLE program.

11. Melissa

Sorry, what is a Gydian games?

Hi, Melissa!

It is a friendly competition available within the Bright Lifers community. Teams of ten compete for 90 days. Team members support one another for the 90 days and accrue as many bright days as possible during that time. Scored are reported and winners are announced. 🧡

12. Candace Adair

Two of my favs:
    – Grits with 2 eggs and jalapeno salt YUM + fruit
    – Rice w fried egg over easy on top, Adobo seasoning + 4oz Greek yogurt with banana/berries
    – 4oz Greek yogurt + 1oz Grape Nuts and 6oz berries over top + 1/2 protein serving, your choice

Hi, Candace! Thank you for sharing your favorite breakfasts. We did want to be sure you are aware that the first three ingredients in Grape Nuts Cereal includes both sugar and flour. 🧡

13. Vail

While it was nice seeing what others are eating for breakfast, I found that it was all mostly the same. Here is my list of favorite breakfasts 🙂

Cheese on Triscuits, banana (best to eating while driving to work)
    Breakfast sausage on toast, grapes
    Cheese on toast, hard boiled egg, fruit
    Scrambled eggs with mustard on toast, fruit
    Yam Pudding, pumpkin
    Ham & Brie on toast, grapes
    Rice and refried beans w\ cheese & salsa, fruit
    Rice & egg baked w\cheese & green chilies, fruit

1. Sandra Cherrie

Do you know that toast is flour? And no flour is one of the 4 bright lines?

1. Vail

Thanks Sandra, I should have been specific! We use the sprouted whole grain bread from Trader Joe’s – No Flour! There are a few varieties out there, but we find this the most flavourful 😉

1. Sandra Cherrie

Ah! Gotcha! 😉

14. Haven

I love this episode of focusing on what Bright liners eat for breakfast! Considering joining. Is quinoa part of a Brightliners food plan?

1. Robin

Hi, Haven! It is. Quinoa can be a grain or a protein. The only foods we don’t eat are the ones containing flour and sugar. (With a few exceptions like potato chips, popcorn, etc.). We’d be honored to support you in your journey. Let us know if you have questions we can help you with. You can click here to get started if you’re ready: https://ble.life/j9rn 🧡

15. Monica Dean

Great Vlog! Thanks to all the people who shared their breakfast with us! Yea You!

16. Anna-Marie

One of the things that has kept me from doing BLE is that breakfasts are hard for me – no grains, no dairy – and I have to rotate foods (can’t eat the same thing every day) because of sensitivities. This video was very helpful and at least gave some ideas. Alas! oatmeal does seem to be the base of so many breakfasts …. 🙁

1. Weltha Jane Jensen

Wow, that would be hard. My wonderful fabulous bright breakfast is 4 oz. “Seeds of Change” brand brown rice with quinoa and garlic. The pre-cooked packet is available at Costco per small box. WalMart carries the individual packets in the rice section. One packet is more than two servings, so it lasts a while. I heat it for 1 minute in microwave, then add two fried eggs over medium (whites cooked, yolk runny) with salt and pepper. It is SO good and would meet your requirements. I fed it to my 11 year old granddaughter, and she requested the same the next day. I usually have grapefruit for my fruit and like someone else mentioned, when I go to bed at night I think, “Oh boy, I get to have breakfast when I get up!” It lasts me for hours. I’m a 10 and have a hard time with other meals, so I can’t wait to hear the lunch and dinner ideas. Best wishes.

2. Sharon Bailey

I am not too keen on oatmeal. My favorite breakfast is fruit plus brown rice mixed with canned beans plus some seasoning: salsa for black beans, marinara for garbanzos, or curry powder for garbanzos. I cook the rice the night before and heat it in the microwave with the beans. I also like scrambled eggs with microwaved potatoes. Also microwaved sweet potato and nuts make a great tasting breakfast.

1. Anna-Marie

The last two grains I had to give up were rice and oatmeal – and it was hard!!
        There was a lady on the vlog who did sweet potato in a slow cooker and she mentioned about having to avoid grains for inflammation. I wonder what else she eats for breakfast?

Hi, Anna-Marie!

The food plan can certainly be adapted to meet individual dietary and medical needs. Don’t let that prevent you from starting! Oatmeal is popular, but definitely not required! 😉

17. Suzette

I didn’t get what Tony Wade put on his yoghurt. Even after replaying several times. Delious ideas all round!

18. Beverley Cole

Enjoyed the BLE breakfast ideas, thank you Any chance of having the recipes?

Hi, Beverley!

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast Vlog! We won’t be sharing the exact recipes because the measurements vary for each specific plan. You can take the general idea as inspiration for your meal plan. 🧡

19. Birgit Krogsgaard

Thats the Best ewer ..I so so love this…It made me want to Eat Ble again….I was fallen of the vagon for a long time …started op again 4 weeks,Ago….this is just what i neadet for inspiration….Thank you werry werry mutch.
    Ur just made my day
    Brigther
    And mutch easyer
    And put a smile on my face .
    Thank you.

Hi, Birgit! We love to hear that this Vlog has inspired you to return to your Bright Lines. 🧡

20. Sandy Cherrie

ABSOLUTELY LOVED every minute of this breakfast VLog!!!!!!!
    I can’t wait to see the lunch and dinner ones!!!
    GREAT idea for a VLog ! Thank you!!
    ~Sandy

21. Desi Dreffin

Loved everything about this video compilation! So fun to see Bright Lifers from everywhere! Only thing is—how many times will I have to watch it to catch all the wonderful ideas and instructions in the video?! I wish it were all written down for us! Thank you so much for this! Can’t wait to see the next ones.

Hi, Desi! We can understand the pull you may feel to have the exact information about each recipe, but this Vlog isn’t about recipe sharing, but more about community and inspiration. We hope you’ll be able to take away the ideas that interest you and rest in knowing you can make the dish your own and fit your plan. 🧡

22. Jennifer Brost

My daughter has struggled with her weight for 36 years.
    She has done one diet plan after the next.
    This is the firs LIFESTYLE she has followed that made huge changes.
    We are all so grateful!

This is so wonderful, Jennifer! Thank you for sharing. Sending love to you and your daughter. 🧡

23. DIANE HALE

THIS WAS SO GOOD. I AM AMAZED AT THE AMOUNT OF FOOD YOU CAN HAVE. I’M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS. THIS IS HELPING ME TO GET ON THE BAND WAGON.

24. Robin R Garbinsky

I just started the program last month and I absolutely love how simple it is . Most of all I love it makes sense. I travel for work and fill my gallon size bags with my foods for the day in my cooler. My brain has calmed to where I am not thinking about my next meal before I finish the meal in front of me. The swelling in my face and hands is gone. I gave up flour for lent, with God all things are possible right? He is my rock and I can’t thank bright lines enough for sharing this way of eating. God Bless you! People at work are starting to talk saying you look good… what the heck are you doing? I smile and say. Bright lines!! You have to check it out! I love it

25. Jennifer Brost

I loved this!

26. Carla Mansee

Loved this so much. Great ideas

27. Aimee Schwartz

The first person from Serbia made her breakfast with “cooked wheat.” I wonder what that was? It sounded crunchy, not like uncooked bulghur wheat, does anyone know what that was? Thanks!

28. Carol

Very interesting and fun. I need to do lunch for breakfast cuz I crave sugar more when I eat my oatmeal with banana and milk so that works for me. Will look forward to the lunch and dinner options. Great idea to do these video…thanks Susan!

29. Kathy

Well done and fun listening to all of the successful breakfasts and wonderful people around the world. Thank you!!