When to Start Exercising

Bright Line Eating is radically different in its approach to health and weight loss because it recommends explicitly that you do not exercise when you first begin the program. In this week’s Vlog, I explain the reasons for that recommendation and discuss when it’s safe to incorporate exercise into your routine.

Comments

1. Deb Edwards

I’ve been exercising every day for many many years, maybe 20 years. I was in courage to start your Boot Camp by a friend who is extremely negative on exercising at the same time. The thing is, exercise really helps with my mental health. It’s how I manage it and I appreciate Susan is giving me the green light to go ahead and continue under the circumstances. How should I think about dealing with the additional tax of the weight loss diet on my willpower given that I simply cannot give up the exercise.?

Hi, Deb! It sounds like your exercise routine is solid and automatic, therefore, it shouldn’t be taxing on your willpower. 🧡

2. Don Benedik

I count on these weekly messages of clarification and inspiration about BLE and the way we have been living. BLE works for me!

3. Katherine Dashiell

I’m a former BLE member and although I’m no longer in the program, I find your weekly vlogs interesting and helpful. If I may suggest one change – your introduction every time is annoying. Could you just begin the talk without the “weeeeeeeeeeeeekly vlog”. Thanks.

Hi, Katherine! Happy to hear you’re still with us in a way that fits your needs. We invite you to view this vlog, it addresses your concern with the vlog opening: https://brightlineeating.com/2016/07/be-yourself/

Since the time of this recording, the vlog intro has changed to the current version. Hope this helps you with your request! Wishing you well, friend!

4. IDA

Oh Susan! You are young! When you get older you will see you can’t have the luxury of stopping your exercise routine for 90 days without having your body suffer ….and forget starting after 90 days and not being disappointed because it will take you ages to get back in shape, or worse, you would injure yourself!

How was that Spanish proverb you liked so much? Well there you have it!

Thank you for your perspective, Ida. Good to keep that in mind. 😉

5. Debra

Every time I log into the vlog lately, I get a screen from Outlook saying it is a potentially dangerous site and advising me to not go there. Could your tech people please fix that? Thank you

Hi, Debra! Make sure you’re going to https://brightlineeating.com/vlog (there should be an “s” after “http.” The “s” implies you are on the secure site. 🧡You can also bookmark the site to refer to it easily each week as well. 🧡

6. Helen Roberts Spingola

Why were the closed captions in Italian? Beautiful language but my
    knowledge of it is limited…..Susan’s presentations have always been in
    English…….

7. Helen Spingola

Re: closed captions….why was Susan’s presentation in Italian?? I rely on closed
    captions which have always been in English as far as I know. The Italian language
    is beautiful but my knowledge is very limited…

Hi, Helen! We will definitely look into this! Thank you! 🧡

8. Penney

For anyone looking for an exercise program that works well with Bright Line Eating, I suggest looking into Classical Stretch with Miranda Esmonde White. It comes on my public TV station every morning. I’ve been doing it for years. It’s only 22 or 23 minutes a day and it includes a lot of healthy joint exercises. It’s not some extreme program–Miranda is 70, but the exercise is geared for any age. I bought DVDs so I can do it on weekends and on days I decided to sleep in.

Hi, Penney! So glad you were able to find an exercise you enjoy. Thanks for sharing! 🧡

9. Phyllis

So good to hear this vlog today and have some clear teaching on when to add in exercise. I come from bigger numbers and I’ve made the mistake several times now when I start BLE I also have started walking 30 minutes a day, BUT my lines get wobbly very fast and I’ve rezoomed numerous times now. I’m in Reboot Rezoom now and I’m working really hard on making my food the priority this time, before adding in anything else.

10. Lucie

OMG, Susan, that Blog was soooooo overdue. THANK YOU for sharing your recommendations on that subject, much appreciated.

11. June Sugar

I hope you are going to call me. 916-307-9199 today at 8am PT for tech help

Hi, June!

We’re so glad you were able to speak with David this morning. 🧡