New U.S. Dietary Guidelines

Every five years, the United States reviews and updates its dietary guidelines, which are important because they influence crucial standards like school lunch programs, among many other things. The committee that revises the guidelines has an advisory committee of 20 scientists and doctors who make recommendations based on all the current available science. Those advisors made some very interesting suggestions when the review process happened again this past December. Watch the Vlog to hear what they recommended, what was actually implemented, and what my thoughts are on the topic.

Comments

1. Jacqueline T

Disgusting and shameful, why do Drs, scientists and nutritionists put up with this. Is everyone bought?

1. Stephanie Smith

The Almighty Dollar rules and they eat a crappy diet. Most people do not practice what they preach.

2. Sharon Dalton

I’m disappointed and also not surprised that you presented this information in such a cavalier way. I expected you to be angry and disappointed for the sake of children, many of whom cannot make the food decisions in their lives. I would think it worthy of the BLE program to take a stand on this issue perhaps by submitting feedback from its members to the parties concerned in D.C. And suggesting to them that the least of our brothers are not being allowed to be healthy Americans with all the junk on the shelves. We did it for questions to be added for future doctors. What about future adults—today’s children. If not us who? If not now, when?

Hi, Sharon!

Thank you for watching and for taking the time to respond. We truly appreciate it!

Since we aren’t a lobbyist organization, we aren’t equipped to take this on at the present time.

What we’ve chosen to do is help educate doctors based on Susan’s area of expertise (brain and cognitive science as it relates to food addiction), and even though in this case the doctors and scientists advised the government, the government chose not to listen. Taking on Big Agriculture is no small feat, and we are but a small company. Susan expresses dismay at the end of the video about how awful this is for children. But what we CAN do is keep our eyes on our own (proverbial) plate and the plates of our own children. That will make a difference to those in our own homes. ❤️

3. Pamela Downour

Very interesting and thank you for sharing your expertise and thoughts. One thought that came to my mind is that all of the medical issues that come with obesity flood the drug companies, hospitals and all round medical profession with money. As a cancer survivor, I experienced first hand that cancer is big big money. In the recesses of my brain I sometimes wonder if there is a cure but what would that do to the big business of cancer? Fifty years ago we put a man on the moon but we cannot unlock a cure for cancer? The same with what the science says about sugar and alcohol for men. By lowering those people might be healthier. Imagine that!

With that said, I am so grateful that a friend shared BLE with me. I have released 110 lbs and 153 from my top weight. I feel like I can live again! Blessings to you SPT!

Congratulations, Pamela. Happy to hear you are LIVING. Wishing you continued health and happiness.

4. Karen Wilt

Amen! That’s totally awesome and great news too. I didn’t know you hated the news as much as I do, lol. Great vlog, awesome comment about the authenticity in BLE too. I was just talking to 2 people about that this past week. It’s the main thing I LOVE about BLE. Thanks so much for this program.

5. Karen K

Sad for the USDA new guidelines regarding sugar. Government meat subsidies that require so much of our land must be used for feed. If they would subsidize our farmers to grow vegetables instead we would have a much better food supply, better soil, and a healthier nation. So glad I found BLE it has opened my eyes to the perils of sugar and beyond. Thank you

6. joe mitchell

Check out Dr. Zack Bush and his concerns about our food sources and what its doing to to health . He’s brilliant.

7. Stephanie Smith

Many of the schools where I live have free breakfast and lunch for their students.
    They offer cheese burger, chicken tots, pizza, but they also have salads fruits and veggies.

1. Susan Ferrin

Unfortunately
      , when given a choice, the students will still pick the cheese burger, chicken tots, pizza, etc.

1. Stephanie Smith

It is better then the candy and chips I see them eating.
        Many of the kids would just go hungry. The school system supplied meals during
        the Covid-19 lockdown. They had school buses delivering meals to designated stops

8. Rebecca Moss

As always, the individual cannot lean on the government for protection of his/her interests, but must choose the steps and paths that are best for self. If the populace were to educate itself and all just choose not to eat added sugars, but only nature’s offerings of fruits, for example, it would not matter what the government “recommends”. Where the people lead, the government can only follow.

9. Joanne Hinsperger-Scott

Oh my! Just watched the vlog on the new U.S. Dietary Guidelines (Feb. 2, 2021). It is sad that government cannot be trusted to do what is best for our health.

1. s pensiero

Sadly, the government never has been trustworthy. Good to be “woke”.

10. Lynn Ellis

Our Canadian guidelines are different, so different, no alcohol!!No added sugars, plant based, lots of fruits and veggies. Have a look!!

1. Rebecca Moss

Thank you for your post! Glad to hear that guidelines in Canada are more geared to protection of the public health. Sadly, the US government in its various departments has long been suborned to financial and business interests; this is not new…. 🙁

1. Lynn Ellis

Same used to be here as well.

2. Ed Schindler

where do i look what websire

1. Lynn Ellis

Canadian food guide 2020.

11. Lisa G Taylor

I would love to hear Susan’s thoughts on how much water to drink.

Hi, Lisa!

There is no set amount of water that we recommend you drink in Bright Line Eating. Make sure you stay hydrated by drinking water according to your thirst level, and/or by following your doctor’s recommendations.

12. Nancy W Goss

Not surprised! We, however , determine what we put on our fork and in our mouths.

Hi, Nancy! Thanks for watching. Yes! What a time (and place) to live in where we have the privilege of refusing food and being selective about food. Not everyone has that ability. And like another commenter said, children don’t get as much of a say as we adults do. <3

13. Ariann

It is shameful that the government doesn’t take the health of our children more seriously. Adults can choose for themselves but school lunch programs are critical in many areas for kids. Thank you for the good work you do in changing the world for the better.

14. Bridget

correction: Dr Susan Peirce Thompson

I couldn’t find an edit button

I am forever thankful to you, Dr Susan Peirce Thompson, for writing your book. Thank you for this healthier option! much love 💖🌸🌷💗

15. Bridget

I am forever thankful to you, Dr Susan Pierce Thompson, for writing your book. Thank you for this healthier option! much love 💖🌸🌷💗

16. Monica Dean

Thank you Susan. I too am not surprised. But I am eternally grateful for BLE. It allowed me to break those chains of what the world thinks is normal. I am much better being in this lifestyle. Yea us!