A Spanish Proverb

I recently got to spend some time on Zoom with someone whose work I’ve loved and benefitted from for years. His name is Tal Ben-Shahar, and he’s a Positive Psychology professor and author who I was lucky enough to take a class with more than a decade ago. During our hour together on Zoom, he shared a Spanish proverb with me that completely blew my mind, and I knew I had to pass the message to you. Watch the Vlog to hear it.

Comments

1. Jacki

Excellent! I especially liked when you noted that BLE isn’t for everyone who needs it; it’s for everyone who wants it and is willing to do what it takes to follow it.

1. Jacque Wachsmann

Yes! I liked that as well. As much as we may want BLE for a friend or family member, they must want it for themselves.

2. Don Benedik

Thumbs up, again!

3. Tracy

What a great concept. I think this will come in very handy when my mind is toying with a decision that could have major consequences. Thanks again, Susan.

4. Meredith S.

Put another way, “Pick your hard.” It’s “hard” to do BLE. It’s “hard” to age and spend all your time dealing with medical problems and disease. “Pick your hard.”

5. Jutta Sinclair

This is a quote from the Bible …you reap what you sow….Galatians chapter 6 verse 7..

1. carol bradley

So true thanks Jutta.

6. Theresa

Thank you Susan… Even though BLE wasn’t right for me… I still continue to follow you… because you are such a honest inspiration. I think we’ve all made choices good and not so good and paid for it…. I made a choice a couple years ago and very few people supported my choice… It is something that brings me tremendous joy but brings lots of work… I have no regrets…
    Such a great vlog…

Good for you, Theresa! Hope you continue to find joy and fulfillment in your choice. 🧡

7. Nuria

Fabuloso! Gracias.

8. Theresa

I would love to hear the quote in Spanish…. Maybe next week????

1. Kima

I´m spanish, and I haven´t heard that in my life 😀 …

9. Liza Lightfoot

Great Vlog, so simple, so true. I especially loved your last few comments about what to say to people who don’t want to give up their habits. It is so easy to want to convince others to do something that is working for you, but really I love the freedom one gets from not needing to
    “convert” others, which comes with a host of issues. Letting ones actions and results speak alone, is very powerful. Thanks for great wisdom.

10. Linda VanderVeen

Wonderful vlog as usual Susan.
    Food for thought.
    Loving boot camp.

11. Ariann

Great comment. Love the quote.

12. Nika

Hi Susan,
    Congratulations on another amazing blog and all your success. Your work has already changed my life and I am profoundly grateful.
    This topic was great and you are great 👍

Thank you for your work.

13. Vicky

Thank you, Susan, for this Spanish proverb vlog. It really spoke to me on a lot of levels. You are much appreciated, for all your help in my lifestyle journey. 💝🥰

14. gigi

I love it; it like also saying, we have free will, which is an action of freely taking or doing and living with the consequences. The Spanish proverb is cooler! lol!

15. Nancy W. Goss