Pick Your Sad

A short while ago, I was talking to a Bright Liner and she shared a really powerful awareness that she’d recently had. I made a note to include it in a weekly Vlog because I thought it was so relevant to our collective Bright Line Eating journeys, especially during the holidays. Watch to hear my thoughts.

Comments

1. Molly Sanchez

I love this. Very helpful. Thank you, Susan! Another way I have heard it said is, “We must all suffer one of two pains: the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret.”

Thank you for sharing this, Molly. Certainly gives you something to think about!

2. Ariann

Very helpful. Inspiring.

3. Pat

Great vlog, true and helpful! Thank you Susan!

4. Linda

I wasn’t going to open this VLOG this week as I didn
    t have 20 minutes. And in 5 short minutes this hit home with a
    punch. The point hit loud and clear. NMF and not worth the
    SAD. I will continue to pick my sad or pick my hard! I have been
    fighting to get back to clean bright lines for 3 weeks now and
    one hard or two hards leads to a terrible spiral downwards
    where i say WTF … I will begin later as every day gets worse and
    worse. Such a relevant subject matter. Thank-you

5. Cindy Hauffe

JOMO beats FOMO EVERY time😉

6. Stefi

Wonderful vlog , nice topic by the Bright Line member . 😊👍

7. Mani

Dang it Susan — why do have to be so right — all the time!! I chose short-term happiness last week during thanksgiving and I am still fighting to be bright, 6 days later.

1. Mani Chawla

And oh btw, thank you, very timely! Another set of holidays is around the corner.

8. marianne honan

JOMO (joy of missing out;)

9. Teresa Logan

Great timing-God timing. Thanks

10. Mandy

I love the weekly vlogs! They completely hit home!

11. Beth

It’s not worth the 10 minutes of eating the wrong food!

12. Monica Dean

Great Vlog! So true!

13. Rosemarie Norton

My go-to phrase is that , “Yes, I can have this. But do I want to go back down that road?” One of my biggest trials is, once in awhile, I feel sorry for myself because I’m “missing out.” FOMO! But then I remember what I’m NOT missing…all those 89 pounds, all that misery, those medications, that dread that hit me every morning when I woke up in the food, that sense of guilt that I was abusing the body God gave me. Heavens it is so wonderful to be free!