Thanks and Giving

In America, it’s the day before Thanksgiving, and for this week’s Vlog, I want to talk about a topic that is relevant regardless of what part of the world you live in or which holidays you celebrate (if any). I want to talk about “thanks” and “giving,” because in my opinion, the most important perspective for long-term recovery from any addiction is one of gratitude and service. Watch the Vlog to hear my thoughts.

Comments

1. Don Benedik

“It’s a most unusual day. I keep shrugging my troubles away!” – from A Date With Judy(? – movie of the early ’50’s ). Keep up the good work!
    Happiness is here!

2. Aurora

I too would like the name of the book!

3. Aurora

Thanks so much for this profound vlog, Susan!

4. Anneliese Golubic

I don’t even know how I ended up on this page, I think I was looking for an example for a gratitude journal, but I am just so grateful right now that I ended up
    on this page. I am simply blown away by your brilliance. I am not even a BLE, but I am fascinated by your philosophy and your brilliant mind and the willingness
    to share that with the world around you.

5. SARA SOHN

Does anyone know the name of the book susan is describing? I like the premise.

6. Sharon Lange

I was out of town for the holiday and just got back home. Now, on Friday, when trying to view this week’s weekly vlog it just says “Video Unavailable”! Did you take this November 25th Weekly Vlog down for some reason?!?!??? I’m hoping maybe some technical glitch happened and you are unaware and can put it back up for those of us still wanting to watch it!! THANKS In Advance!!!!!!

Should be up and running okay now, Sharon! Sorry about that! 🧡

7. Tina Brill

Luv your new diet items on Amazon. One thing that was forgotten was what order you are to add items for maintenance.

8. Melanie Deason

Your ending this vlog, with a new spin on ‘thanks’ and ‘giving’, created an entirely new appreciation for you. I know you – SPT – are brilliant. However, you put OUR ‘hearts’ back into this holiday. ‘T’hanks’G’iving is ‘N’othing without OUR energy and contributions reflecting back to others! Thank you for the poignant reminder!

9. Helen

No closed captions on this vlog???? Could not enjoy…..

Hi Helen! Closed captioning is available, you may need to toggle your settings. We definitely want you to be able to enjoy the weekly vlogs! 🧡

10. Karen V

Thanks Susan! Appreciate the attitude of gratitude and service to fill our need for more will power. I am on day 84 and feeling lighter, more fit, able to think more clearly and move without pain.
    I am happy to be free of Lyme symptoms,, a bonus that I had no idea was coming.
    I totally agree that the more we give to others, the richer we ourselves become.
    When we give, it restores us to a rightness of perspective that cannot be bought at any price.

Wonderful to hear you are free of Lyme symptoms, Karen. BONUS!!!

11. Nancy W. Goss

Thankful for your vision and knowledge and your willingness to share with all of us.

12. Laurie Megyes

I am so thankful for your blogs that keep me motivated by making me think and reflect on my journey. Blessed to have found this group!

So kind of you to say, Laurie! Happy to have you with us! 🧡

13. Leah

Thanks Susan. I appreciate this message.

I would like to share my experience of hearing you speak about depression and specifically the day that you thought about death and dying.

What I heard in the sentence that followed included the words I would never commit suicide, I have young kids.

I have a very close relative who died by way of suicide last year and had 2 small children. My experience of this statement included judgment about someone who might make that choice.
    In the interest of awareness, sensitivity and inclusion, and to acknowledge a need for understanding, I felt it was important to share this feedback. Best wishes

14. Cat

Susan, you’re blogs are so inspiring. I live in Canada, so our thanksgiving was in October. I’m having a very hard time during this pandemic, as my daughter in law and 2 grandchildren are in Taiwan, for the foreseeable future, as Taiwan has COVID under control. My son is working in Canada, and is extremely lonely, and my daughter and son in law are having to decide whose family they see during this pandemic for Christmas. The anxiety all this is causing, is unfortunately affecting my bright lines. I am though rezooming, and your blogs are helping to keep me focused. Thank you, you are a bright star in a dark time.

15. Karen Arbel

Susan, thank you for this. SO TRUE!!! Whenever one feels down, the best way out is to find the way to give to another in need. I learn so much from my son about giving and gratitude as I accompany him and guide him and give to him every day on his journey of life with Schizophrenia. He is the richest source of my daily GRATITUDE AND GIVING. God Bless you and our community and all, and Happy Thanksgiving. LOVE AND LIGHT, Karen

16. Sue Davis

Such a strong message. Thank you, I have stopped sponsoring but right now I will get sponsoring again. I know you are right!

17. Karen Shepherd

Good to hear your voice speaking truth and sounding just like Mariah. Happy Holidays to all.
    Love,
    Karen

18. Debra Zawadski

Thanks for your giving!

19. Cindy Hauffe

Excellent & MUCH needed message- especially in this bizarre year. Definetly the weirdest Thanksgiving I’ve seen in my 66 years. Thank you so much for reminding us what the day is REALLY all about. Praying you & your family have a truly blessed day. Luv ya😘 Cindy H

20. Vicky Goddard

Happy Thanksgiving day to you, SPT, and your family. So grateful for what you’ve done to help me on my journey of getting into my right sized body, and helped my brain in the process! Many blessings to you!

21. Vail Briggs

Sometimes your vlogs are my only anchor to this new way of life. And I know that eventually I need to stand on my own and not rely on you so much. But for now, I am grateful for your calm and inspiring voice, grateful that you show up each week to teach and encourage us, and finally, grateful for the way you so often shine light on what is important at just the right time. Happy Thanksgiving Susan, to you and yours <3.

1. Reba