Little Bit of Good

It’s the day after Election Day here in the United States, and during a moment in our country when tensions are at such a high, I wanted to offer a message that a dear friend shared with me recently. It really resonated and I think it might hit home with you, too.

Comments

1. TLA

Susan, I watched this and do want to say something. You shot this on election day which is the most important day in our country. I want people to know that you nor your husband has never voted in any party because of your religious belief. I find it so offensive that you good read that quote and relate it to your food habit. Our country is in disparity. With the pandemic happening and the horrific leadership we have all had to endure. I am disgusted by the fact that you felt the need to post this on election day. Do a little bit of good is not about weighing your food, meditating and sending this out under false pretenses. You have never voted. To me you are not a true American. And I do know this and feel you should be called out. Our country is desperate. People can’t get food and are being evicted from their homes. I was in Rochester and got Covid and was sick for siix weeks. I saw your picture with Zoey in NYC not wearing masks and getting a picture taken with your book. That is selfish and careless. I am appalled because you portray yourself as caring but it is truly about you and making a buck. If you really believed that quote, it would not have been about what you do to get through a day.

Hi TLA,

We are so sorry to hear you’ve had a trying year and are glad you overcame COVID-19.

We wanted to let you know Susan takes great care to be socially responsible and to follow the protocols and requests of local governments and health officials. Like many, she’ll quickly remove her mask for a photo, on occasion. Susan’s voting and religious history is something that is near and dear to her heart and is mostly, a private matter, however, you may be interested to know she has spoken publicly about her religion previously, which you can view in this vlog: https://brightlineeating.com/2018/04/faith-and-adult-development/

We support all individuals in their right and privilege to choose whether or not to vote.

Wishing you well,
      Bright Line Eating

2. Gary Denese

. . .And that’s a good thing.

3. Gary Denese

Thank you, Susan. I’m on the brink of tears.

4. Melinda Helms

Love this….so doable and so much good for ourselves and the ripples go far!

5. Rissa

This is just what I needed to hear today. I am beyond stressed and scared and my eating reflects what I have been feeling. The junk I have put into my body the past few days is physically making me ill and certainly not nourishing my soul. I have tried each day to rezoom, but to no avail. I want to feel whole again.

Sending you love, Rissa. It sounds like your stress bar is high, but your support bar could be higher. What can you do today to increase your support level?
      Wishing you a bright day, just for today. 🧡

6. Sandy

Powerful words. Yes, it’s going to be okay. Thank you.

7. Monica Dean

Great Vlog! Loved the quote!

8. James Young

Like the Dalai Lama, Archbishop Tutu has always pumped joyful positive energy into the world. –My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together.

Meditation primer: Sit comfortably, back straight, close your eyes, raise your mind to your breath — applied and sustained thought to the tip of your nose where your breath goes in and out, leading to single pointedness of mind leading to the arising of rapture and pleasure. Drench, steep, fill, pervade your mind in this rapture and pleasure borne of detachment and concentration.
    My mind thus purified, bright, unblemished, rid of imperfection, malleable, wieldy, steady and attained to imperturbability, I directed it to knowledge.

Can you talk about the effect of meditation on dopaminergic pathways and other neurotransmitter pathways – acetyl choline, serotonin, oxytocin?
    The role of meditation in modifying dopamine circuits that drive addictive behaviors can be so powerful. You cover it in Bright Line Eating but I feel we could benefit further from a discussion of illnesses related to malfunctioning dopamine circuits – ADHD, Parkinson’s, schizophrenia. We are just starting to understand the role of biochemistry in motivation and spirituality. Knowing how it works does not devalue faith.

9. Susan Purcell

Thank you, Susan. I needed that.

10. Ayama Murray

Thank you, Beloved Susan.

11. Melissa

I am scared…I am lost. Change and I do not blend well. The only thing I can concentrate on right now are my lines. The time zone change has me to bed at 7pm with restless, nightmare filled nights. Thank you for this vblog as I have been suffering with how to cope and this has given me a path and some hope!

We are holding space for you and sending you much love and strength, dear Melissa. It sounds like your stress bar is high and we are curious if your support bar is all as high. 🧡

12. Edith Gower

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed individuals can change the world. In fact, it’s the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead. I’ve loved this quote for many years and it’s similar to Desmond Tutu’s.

13. Christine Murphy

Brilliant message and one of your best VLOG’s.

14. Scotty Stumoen

Again – as always – thank you dearest Susan!

15. Cilla

This brought me to tears Susan.
    What a message of hope!

16. Trudie

Love the message…can certainly gain wisdom from it and share with others. Much like using your candle to light another’s , that little bit of good detracts nothing from you, yet when mirrored by others can bring so much!

17. Barb

Thank you! I enjoy them all but this was especially touching.

18. Ahmed Saley

…acorns into trees will grow…

19. Mauri Tyler

My buddy and I were discussing this very thing this morning. Taking care of ourselves and our food is an important action. We must in order to be ready to be a positive force in whatever is coming. Thanks for the quote!

Exactly, Mauri. It’s kind of like the airplane safety briefings: ‘Secure your own mask before assisting others.’ 🧡

20. Cindy Hauffe

Thank you Susan. I soooooo needed this.🤢

21. Don Benedik

Stay the course! It doesn’t have to be full speed ahead.
    This program is the right thing to do to help make you happy, healthy and fit!

22. Stefi

FOR SURE … one your top 10 vlogs! Loved it & thank you Susan 👍🥰

23. Cass

That quote is brilliant. A great bog..

24. Vicky

This vlog hit home for me in so many ways today. I am English and I am currently watching my Canadian friend suffer with mental health to the point where she is being evicted on Nov. 10th. She had finally found a way to eat that was suiting her body and helping her state of mind, but now she is likely to not only struggle to find food, she will have no shelter either. I started a GoFundMe because I didn’t know what else to do, but my network is tiny. If anyone can share this link, it would be much appreciated. My little bit of good can only be useful if I can get that ball rolling.

gf.me/u/y7fg66

1. Stefi

Hope your friend gets better soon 💟

25. Nancy W. Goss

Love, love the Nelson Mandela quote!

1. Sophia

I believe Susan attributed the quote to Desmond Tutu.

26. Linda Wilkins

Reminds me of an old adage that went something like, “a smile costs nothing and creates much…” I’ve been running on empty for a while but you’ve reminded me how simple it is to come up with a bit-of-good, even with self-care (that will surely fuel more).