Languaging Our “No, Thank You”

This week, I’m bringing the Vlog to you from a special location, but you won’t be hearing much from me. We asked our beloved Bright Lifers to send in videos and tell us how they handle talking to friends and family about Bright Line Eating during the holidays. (We’ve only done a Vlog like this once before, and it was such a hit that we knew we had to do it again.) So if you’ve been thinking about how you’re going to say “no, thank you” when you’re offered NMF (Not My Food), this Vlog is for YOU.

Comments

1. Bonnie Anderson

This is amazing! Thank you so much!!

2. Kristin

I loved this!! So many great tips & inspiring stories! And the song at the end was like the cherry on top. Just awesome! Thanks to Susan, and to all the BLE followers out there! You’re the BEST! Sending much love from Oregon. 🙂

3. Tracy Stewart

Thank you all. I love this community. Happy Holidays Everyone!

4. Lucy

Wonderful hearing from fellow travelers ❤️🙏🏻

5. Toni-Jo

This was very enjoyable and will reinforce my way of addressing “No, thank you” as I come into my first Christmas/holiday season as a Bright Line Eating Lifestyler!!!

6. Maureen

That was Great!! Thankyou for orchestrating it and thanks to all the encouraging participants!

7. Zita

I love this vlog! Thank you Susan. I love the real life experiences of people in the Bright Line community. They’re very inspiring and, between them, they cover the subject from so many different angles and experiences and ingenuity! I’m sharing this on my Facebook page <3 Thanks again, Z.

8. Beverly DiCarlo

I especially loved “the look” ! Everyone knows the truth but lie even to their selves when they insist on being right for another person . That look said it all to me. No denying that it’s truthfully not ok the defy my wishes. Otherwise said, “You must be kidding, right?”

9. Karen Brenan

Susan Excellent….. Thank You so much.

10. Liz

This is brilliant. Love seeing all the perspectives & advice, truly lovely people. So helpful to remind us that we can stay on track in tough times. Thank you 🤍

11. Lisa

This is one of my favorite vlogs of ALL TIME. I love all of these people and their wisdom! 🙂

12. Kathleen Sandin

Best vlog award goes to…..!!!

13. Elaine

This is WONDERFUL!

14. Monique R

Amazing vlog with such great ideas! I am going to use them over the next couple of months to get through the holidays. Thank you!

15. Nitya

So helpful, loved it and especially the ending song.

16. Judi

That was great….very helpful! Thanks for all who shared your story and BLE hints for the holidays. Loved the song at the end. Happy Holidays!

17. Maria Cypher

OMG that last song was AMAZING! :-))) The whole thing was. Touched and inspired by this great community.

18. Florene Miller

Ok, that couple was the absolute cutest ever!! Thanks to all for sharing!

19. Mary Lou

Thank you! Great Tips. The song at the end left me with a smile and a laugh!

20. Diane

Brilliant! Happy holidays to all!

21. Debbi Neher

Wow, it warms my heart to get a glimpse of the international community we belong to. What a lovely way to do this vlog; it’s so inspiring to hear how our fellow journeyers meet these situations we all must meet. Wishing a joyous festive season to all!

The BLE love is spreading all over the world!!! So glad you were inspired, Debbi. 🧡

22. Peggy

Loved it! Every bit!

23. Kathryn

I loved this blog! I was so helpful to see and hear from Bright Lifers especially because they are all over the world. Thanks to all!

24. Karen D.

Simple awesome vlog this week! Thank you!

25. Jane

This resounded with me so much. Loved it. And the song great finish. Hahaha

26. Kristi Kreamer

Love, love ,love this!! Thank you everyone for making the holidays seem doable with Bright Lines!❤️

27. Joan Browning

How inspiring! Thank you, Bright Lifers, for sharing tips which will help us maintain resolve through the holidays. I I loved this video!

28. Bee Bennett

Wow! Thank you for this great vlog. I shall watch it again and again. As for the parting song … it made me cry laughing. I was worried about the Christmas holidays but not anymore. Best vlog ever ❤

29. Helen

Fantastic thank you so much. God bless you all happy holidays

30. Marina Barela

Thank you so much this was excellent! Especially the song at the end.

31. Laurie Clotar

Absolutely fabulous vlog❣️👍👏👏👏

32. Kristina

This is a beautiful vlog! It has put a big smile on my face – and given me a lot of ideas for future ‘no thanks’! (I am not a BLE, but have been maintaining a 70 lb weight loss – and managing diabetes without medication – for four years now, and you have given me a lot of inspiration.)
    Thank you!

33. Carolyn Corbin

That was so delightful! Topped off by Tony and his wife singing “50 Ways (to lose your Bright Lines)”!
    I particularly liked Laurie’s comment,
    “I don’t diminish myself to make other people feel comfortable. “
    Something I have always done in the past.

34. Oria

Dear Susan-you can and should be proud of your ble community!

35. Sherri

Thank you for sharing these strategies in such heartfelt and inspiring ways! I will be implementing many of them this holiday season!
    Thank you, Susan! You have created a warm and welcoming community for all!

36. Shauna

This was absolutely marvelous! It was so fun to hear from all these wonderful successful people. Ilove this program, SPT and this awesome vlog. Thank you

37. Margaret Davis

This was FABULOUS! So encouraging and uplifting! Thank you Susan and all!!!

38. Lucie

OMG!! 50 ways to break your brights lines!!!!!!! That was awesome. THANK YOU, THANK YOU and THANK YOU. I love the comment about serious and light at the same time, “You wouldn’t want to sabotage my effort, would you?” That’ll work for me because I usually get ANGRY at my mom for pushing the NMF my way with GUILT. Anyhow, I probably won’t see my mom this year and I’ll miss her for Christmas, it’ll remind me not to get angry at her, she just loves me in her own NOT-BLE way!!

Definitely some great tools here and some new perspectives. We hope you have a joyous holiday season filled with love, Lucie, no matter who you spend it with this year! 🧡

39. JOAN MASON

That was fabulous! Thanks for all those contributors and their different perspectives!!

40. Mary Rose

Awesome! I’m sending the link to friends and telling them it’s an entertaining half hour (be sure to stay to the end! haha!). They’ll learn about Bright Lines and see the lovely diversity of people who follow the plan. Along with all the helpful tips, this vlog has given me more peace about what I’m doing. What an amazing community we’re part of!

41. Dena Sue

What a GREAT ending to an excellent compilation!

42. Laura

Soooo good! Helpful, fun to see and hear each person, love the song!

43. Mary Jo

Watching this makes me feel so connected with people all around the world all on the same amazing BLE journey of transformation. If people start offering me nmf over the holidays, I will remember this vlog and know I am not alone! Thanks so much.

44. Colleen

Wow Susan, its amazing how many lives you have touched and improved all over the world. I’m grateful to have heard your interview with Ocean Robbins in the Spring and finding BLE this Fall. Keep doing what you’re doing – this movement you started is going to make a lot of people happy, thin and free!
    xo

45. Mary Stanton

Thank you! This was wonderful.

46. Crystal Rathke

Thank you so so much EVERYONE!!!! I especially loved the song 🙂

47. Beth Robison

Your name’s Kleptin?! Hahahahaha
    Loved all of these! Thanks so much, everyone!

48. Melisa Lessard

Lori – I LOVE you! you are so beautiful and inspirational. xoxo Melisa from GG Team Relentless!

49. Chris Mahoney

That was sooo great!!! Thank you so much for the advice, inspiration and creativity (especially the song!)

50. Susan Ferrin

THIS WAS AMAZING< INSPIRING Thank you for posting. It was great to see the faces and personalities of the BrightLiners. I was smiling throughout.

51. Roxie

Love this so much! Thank you all for your wisdom!

52. Dee Brazell

Love these!!! Loved everyone’s comment and the song at the end was stellar!!

53. Daniel Barwick

A new classic vlog!!! funny and heartfelt this points the way to helping us set limits. smile and forgive others and ourselves for being human, No Thank you! (If I ate that item., you wouldn’t want to be around me.}

54. Justina Mitchell

Great news, you don’t eat with my mouth! Love it! This is so doable!

55. Joanne Heaney

Loved seeing these and a great range of responses, especially liked the idea of celebrating yourself and speaking about this bright line journey with joy because you are not missing out on anything 😊

56. Robyn LeBuff

Loved seeing people from all around the world sharing. Very inspirational and helpful to my planning for the upcoming holiday!! Looking forward to having the right attitude going into Thanksgiving.

57. jessi

I loved this! Would be great to see other questions answerd in this way by the Bright Lifers!

58. Stephanie Smith

I wish all of you great success saying NO NO NO, but as for me I having Pumpkin Pie and enjoying every bite.
    I am flabbergasted that people get upset because you will not try their food. I try to support my friends on their journey to beat health.
    One of my friends is a food addict and chips are a trigger food. One night we are talking on the phone and she is eating pork rinds.
    Next thing I ask is that on your plan? Should you eating them.
    Congratulations on the amazing job you have done sticking to your lines

59. Karen from Cle

Hahaaah! That was wonderful, helpful and it ended with a laugh–what could be better? Happy Holidays! ❤️

60. Nancy Goss