Halloween

It’s October 2020 and Halloween is just around the corner. You may be questioning how to handle this candy-centric holiday, especially if you’re new to Bright Line Eating. In this week’s Vlog, I talk about how you can keep your lines bright through the end of the month, along with how I handle the candy overload with my kids. Even if you don’t partake in Halloween, for whatever reason, these tips translate to any food-related holiday. Tune in to hear more.

Comments

1. Jeffrey Curtis Hunt

Thank you so much for this Weekly VLOG about Halloween. Your bowl-of-pennies idea for the neighborhood kids is just wonderful. And your advice on how to handle this particular candy-drenched holiday is most helpful. Thanks again!

2. Anne

Love these blogs but having kids all reach into a bowl and grab pennies – while I LOVE the idea – is probably not cool this year with COVID!

3. Bridget Ann Kelly

“Not needing to have candy involved in your mouth for it to be a good Halloween” is the best sound byte for the entire holiday season!
    Thank you.
    SPT, you are brilliant. So grateful for you and BLE
    xo

4. emily

My daughter gets candy based on her age. She is 7, so she will get 7 pieces of candy to choose. She rarely gets candy so this is still a really big treat for her.

Thanks for sharing what works for you and your daughter Emily! That’s a clever way to approach Halloween! 🎃

5. Nancy W Goss

Thanks!! Love the alternates with the children’s candy after two days.

6. Sherill

I started BLE two years ago, just before Halloween. Since then, I have given trick-or-treaters bubble liquid, toy light sabers and little wind-up toys. They have loved it. I’m going to adopt your idea of pennies, although not this COVID year.

7. Ariann

Great info and suggestions.

8. Jen

Susans new halloween tradition caused the national coin shortage. LOL I cry.
    Great ideas, Thank you!

9. Nancy Dorian

LOVE the pennies idea! Brilliant!

10. Anne Chapman

Quite frankly I believe Covid is a bigger threat to me and my kids than sugar. I’m being super safe and opting out of the holiday this year!

Proud of you for recognizing the feelings that are simmering for you, dear Anne. <3

11. Noreen

Loved this VLOG! One of your best! The one thing I’ve learned from BLE and the pandemic…Make a new plan!…One that works for you! Susan…THANK YOU!

12. Christie

I love this! thank you
    Such great ideas 😊

13. Karen Cole

Great idea with the pennies, but not sure it is a good idea during COVID this year.

14. Stefi

👍🎃💰🎁 for 👶👧 at 🚪 with a 😷 on . Thanks Susan !

15. Cherie P

Great idea with the pennies. We use new bright pencils from the dollar store. The kids LOVED the pencils

16. Janie

I love this blog — so practical , so helpful . When you talk, it seems so strange — like you’ve been in my mind . She gets it !!!

17. Winifred

Good VLOG with great advice and alternatives for adults and children. Thank you for providing some solid ideas.

You’re most welcome, Winifred! Thanks for watching. 🎃

18. Teri

Lovely ideas but unfortunately not for this year.
    Our public health department has recommended due to a Covid no trick or treating this year or gatherings of people outside those you live with.
    Doing this might allow us to connect with those we care for during the December holiday season.

19. Deborah Garrard

In the midst of a pandemic, I’m surprised there was no mention of the precautions related to Covid-19. If we will be vigilant and wise, we can proceed into the holiday season and the months to come more safely and more well. We have to do this together though.

Hi Deborah,

We encourage individuals to follow the safety protocol and requests set forth locally by public health officials, which we know varies around the world. 🧡

20. Holly

Yeah, until this school year, I had a treat box in my classroom that students could get something from once a week. I had it stocked with miniature candy bars that were a big hit. After starting BLE this past May, I just couldn’t do that anymore and feel good about it anymore.

Good for you, Holly! This is wonderful and the parents of your students are probably thrilled with this change too. 👏

21. Anon

Susan, thank you for your fantastic ideas on handling these Halloween issues. I love how you present all these different considerations and situations with solutions. Especially how it relates to BLE. Bless you.