Meal Timing and Circadian Rhythms

The other day, I was talking to someone who is relatively new to working a strong Bright Line Eating program. I asked her how she was doing, and she said that she woke up that morning bright and alert at 5:30 a.m. after 7 hours of sleep, which was unusual for her. Watch the vlog to hear what I told her about how her brain is changing as a result of doing BLE.

Comments

1. Vicky

Susan, I sooo appreciated your vlog on the Circadian Rhythm. Answered many questions. Thank you!

2. Suzanne Cohen

Thank you, Susan that was very helpful. Can you drink water with lemon in between meals?

3. Cheryl Cromwell

Susan, I work 2nd shift so my meal times are not typical. How many hours before sleep should I plan my last meal to benefit from a healthy Circadian Rhythm?

4. Sacha Ruff

Just love love love every topic you do and how you simplify for the world these fundemental health truths. You are a legend! THANK YOU!

5. Paula Grimaud

I’m a night shift labor & delivery nurse, working 12 hour night shifts two to three times a week. I’d love to see a blog about how to best do bright line eating for those of us who work night shift. I can’t be the only one with this challenge.

6. sherry

H i Susan,
    Im new to Bright Line Eating and just registered for Boot Camp. Ive been trying to get started on my own but there are 2 rituals with my mate that are making it VERY difficult…
    Coffee in the morning with my mate- not a fan of caffeinated teas (at least any that i’ve tried) Ive been making it with steamed almond milk and cinnamon-
    Alcohol in the evening- resist most evenings but last night (it’d not been a particularly difficult day). had a shot of tequila which my mate offered me, I just couldn’t find the strength to say no!i Then mentally beat my self up about it all night! Am I ready for the Boot Camp- I have 30 pounds to lose -to be at my dream weight- and this is a significant investment for me.
    HELP!

Hi Sherry! Yes, you are ready! The fact that you’re thinking about these things shows that you are ready.

The Boot Camp will help you to navigate both these situations. And if you still can’t quite figure out how to make it work, you can always call in to a coaching call for guidance.

We can tell you right now that you can continue to have your coffee in the morning–what a lovely ritual to have with someone special. If you want to still put almond milk in it, you just need to measure the almond milk you’re using and count it toward your breakfast protein serving. (Yay!)

We are so excited for you to get started. 🤩🤩🤩

7. Nancy W. Goss

Great vlog! Loved learning this.

8. Lyn Hudgins

Being a 12 hour night shift worker it’s been challenging to figure out when to eat 3 meals and fast 16 hours. Still tweaking after 3 years.when working eat at 4pm, 8pm ( if possible but definitely not past midnight) then fast till 16 hours. Two meals while working and on days off eat at noon, 4pm & 8pm but sometimes only 2 meals. Challenging to figure out for night shift workers.

9. Bobbye

I’ve experienced amazing benefits from intermittent fasting. Limiting my food intake to breakfast between 6 and 7 in the morning, late lunch/early dinner around 2:00. This leaves a 16 hour window for digestion, followed by detox. This pattern, in combination with an early morning outdoor activity, has gifted me with rich, restorative sleep.

10. Tanya

Does the fasting mean no drinking water after dinner, too?

Hi Tanya, typically intermittent fasting would mean food and drink, with the exception of water.