Deep Knowing

I’ve been reading a book recently called Untamed by Glennon Doyle, which I cannot recommend highly enough. There’s a lot of synergy between what she talks about and the concepts we focus on here in Bright Line Eating. In this week’s vlog, I talk about one of those topics and how it relates to your BLE journey.

Comments

1. Sondra

Priceless. Thank you, Susan, for pulling all these threads together into this distilled meditation.

2. Barb Lynn

This Vlog was the most valuable 8 minutes I’ve ever experienced…I’ve written down the transcript of the highlights in my BLE meal journal…and ordered “Untamed” to listen to. My other most favorite VLOG was the “hourglass” talk.
    Just what I needed, thanks so much.

1. Rhonda

I feel exactly the same way about the most valuable 8 minutes, and I LOVE this… I’ve made a note so I can come back and watch it again and again and am ordering the book. I have been mostly ignoring my nudges for many years and it’s time to start listening . Thank you

Listen to those nudges, Rhonda! 🙂 Sending you love, dear. 🧡

3. Becky

Agreed. So true. What a perfect way to start my day. Thank you❤️

4. Mary Rose

Fascinating and inspiring vlog today! I haven’t read “Untamed” yet, but that quote sounds like Mary Oliver in her poem “The Summer Day”:

Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?

5. Nancy W. Goss

I love Glennon Doyle’s TED talk about hot loneliness.

6. Marita

Thank you so much for this vlog. So amazing.

7. Helen Roberts Spingola

Priceless and much needed. Will be re-reading this forever!! Am calling my ‘nudge’ Mom whom I think about every day
    and still cry for. She hears my cries,and I will hear her ‘nudges’…..

8. Linda

Beautiful Susan.

Thank you for sharing this.

Linda

9. Claire

I hear they’ve made a movie of it-which i refuse to watch as the book is SO good-“Wild”. Much along the same lines-autobiographical from Cheryl Strayed about her journey to herself along the Pacific Coast trail. For those who have hiked, been by themselves, been lost, dealt with addictions and terrible grief-it was one of the most poignantly honest and human books I had read in a long time.
    Thanks for sharing this Susan-I have-for years-ignored my inner voice for a variety of “reasons”-and hanging on the periphery of these vlogs, and other podcasts you send our way-I think I am scrabbling back and I am so grateful-even though it IS a lot of sighing, looking to the heavens-and trying to do the next right thing…breathing is always good.

10. Sandy Rowland

Wonderful! Thank you, Susan, for this and all you gift us.

11. Diane

Exquisite vlog, Susan. Thanks to my BLE journey I’ve come to treasure my inner voice journey. I can’t wait to read Untamed. Thank you.💓

12. Elizabeth

Thank you for offering your heart-felt guidance – and I agree: it is about so much more than food & weight. I’m new to BLE (as of yesterday) – and do believe I followed my “nudges” to find you! I heard about you from an acupuncture webinar (I’m an acupuncturist) and the speaker referred to your work as “brilliant.” There were a million things I could’ve followed up on from that webinar but I just felt called to follow up on you! Add to that the fact that I’ve been investigating IFS for the past couple of months as part of my own healing & my psychotherapy training. Imagine my happy surprise when I saw that you work with IFS in your Bright Line Freedom course! This little bit of synchronicity shows me I’m in the right place! My issues are more about emotional attachment to food (as well as digestive health) – and I’ve known for some time that I can’t compassionately address my these issues without attention to these inner little ones who are so desperately depend on sugar for mothering. But had no idea how I would do that until now. I’ve missed the start date for your BLF course but will definitely explore it when appropriately nudged! Sending much love & gratitude.

13. Angie

I LOVE this! Every bit of it. And I have to dig into this book that is on my bookshelf already just like I have to get back on track with BLE :)! Thank you for being you.

14. Bobbye

Best BLE video ever. I’d previously listened to “Untamed” on audiobooks. Thank you for tying this all together.

15. Marietta

Wow! This is amazing and totally aligns with my daily meditation. Thank you for all you have done. Forever grateful, blessed, so thankful for BLE!

16. Stacey

I follow Glennon Doyle and loved Untamed, I read it as soon as it came out. There have been so many times when she’s talked about her food struggles where I have almost yelled at the screen “you need bright line eattng”

1. Beth Wilmart

Love Glennon Doyle and I red Untamed as soon as it came out. Now my teen daughter is reading it. If you follow Glennon you know that she has not found food freedom. I hope you two can meet someday or that someone in her circle will share BLE with her. Also, the quote about your one wild and precious life is from Mary Oliver’s poem The Summer Day.

17. Liz Langeland

Thank you!! When I first heard you describe the part of Glennon’s process of “sink deep inside yourself” I interpreted it a different way, like sinking deep inside myself and then feeling stuck, in a void, in despair, and not knowing how to even listen for “the voice”. I just started BL Freedom and am so loving starting that process and yearning for that time when I CAN sink deep inside myself and LISTEN and RECOGNIZE the voice, nudge, etc. By food is on track but I’m working with the long history of just feeling “empty” inside and not knowing how to recognize and identify my own feelings, emotions and MY VOICE!! Hearing this vlog gives me that little spark of hope in front of me again that makes me want to keep reaching out to find that voice! And now am ready to dive into listening to the BL Freedom lecture for the week! In gratitude for all the many ways you help us create maps to our inner knowings! Thanks!!

You are in the right place, Liz. Lean into that Bright Line Freedom course and trust that the deep knowing will come. Love to you. 🧡

18. Mark Kiesel

Ty so much Susan. Thomas Keating says our deepest authentic selves is not God but like God. That is where the deep knowing can be found. Ty for listening to your “God voice” and giving us the miracle of bright line eating!

19. Elizabeth Cheng

Just came home from a long day working with frail seniors. As lovely as these people are I was feeling knackered. This was just what I needed to hear as I wind down. It set me up for then focusing on home and family. Thank you for another wonderful and yet timely vlog!!

20. Kate McGarry

I appreciate your work so much Susan. THANK YOU!

21. Sibel

Hey Susan, I enjoy your sense of humor the BEST. You make me laugh a lot when I listen to you and there is a sense of ease and confidence in the way you speak and it makes all the difference. Thank you

22. Faith L"Heureux

Wonderful Susan! This is such a timely subject for me. I have practiced meditation for a long time and do sink in but this was described in such a beautiful way. This arrived at t time of some serious health decisions. Thank you! You are a blessing.

23. Karen Arbel

Susan, I was moved to tears from this one, which always happens to me when you speak from your heart and soul. Beautiful. Thank you. Here’s to hearing those whispers from that deep quiet place within. Love you big time, Karen

24. Dee Fay

A dear friend in Bright Line Eating told me about this book on March 23rd. It changed my life. I have given many copies away and recommend it to women everywhere! I love how you applied it to our BLE journey. Thank you Susan.

25. Laurie

I just finished this book last week.
    I loved it!
    This really helps me with the knowing I am in the right place

26. Lisa

Good morning Susan! Thank you for another insightful vlog. Your positive messages always leave me with an uplifting takeaway thought for the week. Thank you for loving all of us so well.

27. Marianne Cintron

Thanks, Susan. Yes, I believe the Lord spoke to me to use your program. 20 pounds down. Deampt I was in my “bridal shower” skinny dress (of 31 years ago!) It is achievable with God’s Help.

1. Carey

Amen, Marianne. My deep voice is not Godlike, but God, Himself. I don’t feel He ever believes that it is presumptive to connect with Him often.

28. Phyllis Taylor

Thank You Susan for another insightful vlog. This one just what I needed again this week. I’ve rezoomed and this is my 27th consecutive day in a row and I’m feeling so much healthier. I’m another follower who is so grateful you listened to your “God voice” and created Bright Line Eating.

29. Sharon Peck

This vlog was beautiful in so many ways. Thank you Susan

30. Stefi

Soo supremely true & needed! THANK YOU Susan 👍😘

31. Catherine

Oh boy. Deep knowing? Glennon Doyle is a deeply disturbed individual justifying her lack of peace around her very poor choices by becoming a mini celebrity from talking about them. She is the LAST person anyone should be taking advice from.

32. Carey

Wow Susan.
    One of your best VLOGs yet!
    This is getting down to the core of ourselves.
    Our knowing.
    Thank you.

33. Elizabeth A Davis

Right now I am going through a big struggle of my self-worth and eating a lot of NMF. You would think by the time I reached 71 I would have all that figured out. I had a sister-in-law tell me a bunch of stuff that is wrong about me and I am struggling with it. What Susan talked about is like she was talking directly to me. I am going to buy the book and read it because I need to find my deep knowing.

Aw, sending you so much love, Elizabeth. Let us know if there’s anything more we can do to support you.