Raising the Support Bar

I recently received a question from a Bright Liner asking for clarification on something I talk about often: our levels of stress versus support. In this week’s vlog, I delve deeper into this topic because it’s so important during these COVID-19 days.

Comments

1. Stefi

Thank you Susan 😊 Sane for you & your family 🥰

2. Nancy

Please do not publish this—-

Susan, the cleavage is distracting!

1. Patsy

Nancy, i really shouldn’t be replying or engaging with you in such a stupid comment….if that is truly what you got out of this vlog then maybe you should listen to it again.(with your eye closed if needed) because I really think you needed to hear what was said. Judgement and criticism of how other look, generally reflect on the person making the judgement and maybe you need another way to get support other then putting others down. I wish you well on your Journey,

3. Michele Burdette

Susan, thank you so much for validating all the other ways we can support ourselves beyond “making phone calls”. I am one of the few (many?) who are not called (no pun intended) to get support from others. I do have several great buddies and we do talk, but not constantly and not as a group. I’m a person who thrives on one-on-one relationships and my BLE buddies as well as my family and other friends are precious beyond measure.
    So thank you again for expanding on this topic. I was feeling a persistent annoyance of being “bad/wrong” for not doing my support in the “SPT method “. I no longer feel that way – poof! It’s gone.
    Much love, Michele ❤️😷❤️🎶

4. Brenda

What is SPT?

1. Maureen

Susan Pierce Thompson

5. Valerie Lyons

Your videos are always so good and helpful. Thank you for all your hard work and your insights to help us on our journey.

6. Michella

I have been widowed for more than eleven years last December. At first I was in shock I guess because eating wasn’t on my mind at all for several weeks , I just didn’t pay attention until I got a good look at myself. The person looking back from the mirror looked like a Nazi death camp survivor. I was 55 then though I couldn’t recognize who I was. We had been married thirty-three years. This is when I knew I just had to let go. I blame myself. There’s nobody left to blame. There was a joy in cooking food for him and I didn’t see much point in it afterwards except there was really a need to put some weight back on. I think I incorporated to much of the wrong foods since fast foods were more convenient…Not a practical choice I will admit. I like the Whole Foods approach because it makes better sense. Not crazy about greens but they are okay with the fruits and other veggies in a smoothie. I love any bean that there is so it all works out. What you said about support made me think. I am easy to make friends . The part being compassionate to myself is something I may need to work on. Thanks for the weekly blog. This truly made me think and gives insights.

Dear Michella, Thank you for being here. Thank you for sharing your story. Sending so much love to you. No doubt the past 11 years have been so very hard. Much love to you! 🧡🧡🧡

7. Deborah Bussewitz

As I began listening to your vlog, I was finishing up my nightly checklist/ examin. One thing I do regularly is make a square—I call it a balance square and I write the four domains you listed. Then in my nightly checklist (my caviat) I list ways I supported myself physically in one square, emotionally in another, mentally and spiritually. Over time I see my balance or lack of balance in each of the domains. Prior to BLE, physical was very much under-balanced. Two things I put in mental that you did not mention is reading and listening to podcasts. Also playing and doing something for laughs. In spiritual I also put acts of service. Finally, I believe in respite and retreats and during this pandemic, going away for a stretch of time is difficult, that is a practice that gives me and keeps giving. Thank you for this vlog.

Love this, Deborah! Excellent practice! 🧡(Any great books to recommend?).

8. Diane Norris

Thank you Susan. Just what I needed to hear. I tend to be the supporter rather than the one needing support, however I recently felt like I truly needed some help to straighten my bright lines. Not knowing my situation, a fellow BLE friend who I hadn’t connected with in several weeks, texted me and said, Hey how are you doing? I just couldn’t believe her timing. I admitted I wasn’t doing so good and could use some support. We got on the phone together the very next day and she listened. It was wonderful and it immediately helped me to recommit to bright lines and I send her my food journal now every night to commit my food to her and myself. So when I heard you explain again about making sure your support bar is higher than your stress bar I completely agree. Thanks again for the reminder of all the ways we can support ourselves and give and receive support from others. Love you

9. Janice

Thank you for clarifying support. I feel so much better knowing that my support tank is pretty full right now when I was assuming no BLE buddies or mastermind group or phone calls made me a ble failure. The thought of making daily phone calls makes me wince. There is hope for me now.

So glad this was helpful to you, Janice! Different support for different personalities! 🧡

10. Laura Fournier

I love the GOD jar idea, what a great way to track and be grateful for our received blessings. You are a blessing, thank you so much.

11. Karen Arbel

Susan, exquisite!!! Thank you. Love you!!!

12. Vicki-Bronwen Heal

Extremely helpful. THANK YOU ❤️

13. Ken

Actually, your very modest cleavage is welcome. And keeps my attention.

14. Donna Morales

Thank you SO MUCH. THIS IS and will be one of my top favorite Vlogs. Love you
    Donna

15. Nancy Goss

This vlog was fantastic,

16. Shauna

Thank you, this was so very helpful for me at this time. When my bright lines get wabbaly I often think maybe it’s that I’m not in a suoort group yet. All the other things that you shared are support and just seeing them that way just makes me feel so much more in control of my situation. Thank you for your insight and wisdom.