Bunny Slippers

My morning yesterday started off with an incredibly frustrating ordeal. The situation could have completely ruined my day, but thankfully, I was able to recall a key ninja skill to turn things around. It’s such a central tool in my kit that I can’t believe I haven’t shot a vlog on it before today. I hope you’ll tune in, because this tool is not only important, it’s so timely for so many of us right now.

Comments

1. Nancy W. Goss

Here’s to giving ourselves permission to different ways to unwind!

2. Phyliss Brassey

I remember hearing a vlog about your bunny slippers.
    Strange things appening these days

1. Stephanie

I am fairly certain I also head her talk about her Bunny Slippers on another Vlog

2. Sarah Katzin

Funny! I just listened to this today, Thursday morning Israel time, IN BED, after deciding, ” You know what? Give yourself a break, stay in bed a little longer and watch Susan’s vlog before you get up!”!!!! And then this was your topic!

3. Eileen Lass

Great message!

4. Ellen L Rossini

Nailed it! This is exactly what has made this Covid time suddenly challenging for my bright program: I’ve been wanting to REST and relax, and NMF was starting to look like rest (but it’s not). Thanks, Susan!

5. Jamie Gordon

Definitely off my program, using wine to unwind. Up about 8 pounds. It took me a year to lose 20 pounds. Having a hard time re-booting. I had been a crystal vase year 1. This is year 2 and I feel disappointed that maintenance is such a struggle.

1. Mariah Perkins

You really really can do this, Jamie. The tools are there, the tools are known. Little by little, day by day, pick ’em up. Really understand that you are not alone! You have reached out, you have written. You are a beloved member of a great human family, and a highly valued member of this specific global movement. Keep throwing the NMF and NMD into the trash as often as you can, aaaaand! Rezoom, one day at a time.

Beautiful, Mariah! Appreciate your love and support for Jamie. Jamie, we are here for you and are cheering for you. Is there something we can do? How’s your support? Susan often talks about having her support bar higher than her stress bar. 🧡

6. Sonja Toutenhoofd

You could do a “bunny slippers” part two where you talk again about uncoupling the idea that exercise and weight loss are linked if the previous mention of that is buried deep in another blog from a long time ago. This made a huge impression on me and my husband (both scientists). My husband joined me in bright line eating and during this Covid time has weighed and measured our food and has lost significant weight in the past month. It’s not been perfect – 2 college kids home who are loving to bake but we’ve still managed to be re-zooming and finding family compromises and we are surviving this imperfect moment. When we say “bunny slippers!” to each other it’s both a key phrase to take life easy that day and not get too wrapped up in stressful things and a reminder that being mellow and sticking with weighing our food and thinking about the food ratios is peaceful and plenty for that day. I’m SO grateful to have BLE to lean on during this time.

7. Brenda

Susan, thank you. This is exactly what I needed to hear tonight. Thank you 🐰

8. Wendy

Wow! Really! Bunny slippers? Essential workers and people working in health care professions and working on the front lines can’t even think about bunny slippers right now or food! Their lives are on the lines and so are their families. They bring it home to their families. I love you but please think about the times. There are more important and more complex things going on right now! I am so disappointed in you! Why don’t you send all of us working on the front lines some bunny slippers along with some N95 masks and hand sanitizer to go along with it! And you were concerned about your outfit? You grew up with a silver spoon in your mouth! You sit home with your family safe and send us these vlogs! In a time like this? Selfish! That’s all I have left to say! I will add you to my prayers! I hope David and the kids are well!

1. Sarah Katzin

Wendy! Thank you so much for your service! I am impressed that you made time to listen to the vlog in the middle of your stressful existence. I understand that it might have been kind of nice to hear a more validating and explicit statement about people like you who are on the front lines of the battle. However, if you listen carefully, Susan spoke about bunny slippers being a state of mind that can be adopted even during great stress. I myself have experienced times like this. When my chronically sick son was intubated and I hadn’t slept for days and I was also responsible for a bunch of other family members. I found it so helpful to apply this principle. For me it felt like a quiet surrender and a gentle focus on each task that was in my control, however fast or urgently it had to be performed, while letting go of the bigger picture and the results. Sending you love.

Thank you, Wendy, for all that you are doing for the benefit of your community, neighbors, and strangers. You must be exhausted and depleted at the end of each day. We appreciate you. We recognize you. We hear you. We know you can’t take a day to stay in bed and encourage you to consider that a “Bunny Slipper Day” is a state of mind and perhaps there are small ways you can gently lookout for yourself and your own well-being in the midst of this chaotic time. Sending love to you, dear Wendy. 🧡

3. Kylie

Hi Wendy,
      I’m so sorry this message didn’t land well for you today. I took it to mean that bunny slippers are a metaphor for self care, self compassion and surrender. Is there one tiny tiny way that you can find to have a moment of self care today? Like even taking some deep breaths while working or calling a friend to unload your stress on your way home from work? I think that’s all Susan meant. It will mean many different things to many people in many different life circumstances. I hope you find a moment to appreciate yourself and the good work you’re doing.
      Best wishes.

9. Wendy

Guess what? We can’t face it but we can’t crawl back in to bed and go to sleep! We have to go to work and care for sick people!!! Please re-listened to this vlog and change this!

10. LynneElizabeth

I see the part of me that does not know what unwinding is. It gets to do some brilliant work but pushes until I am exhausted and collapse on the sofa. Even when I think I am relaxing, I’m not! Permission to have a bunny slipper day is a good step forward rather than having a collapsed day. I’ll take some time to have a chat with that part of me. It’s very strong and set in its ways. Thank you so much for this and for your vulnerability, Susan. xx

11. Deborah Moore

And what is happening to the website? You got hacked and pirated, how has that turned out? I have heard of that happening and the original owners never get their site back. Hard to discuss trying to take a moment while all of this insanity is going on everywhere.

Hi Deborah! The issue was with a Facebook account and the situation is almost completely resolved with Facebook. Thankfully! 🧡

12. Monica Dean

Couldn’t have come at a better time. Even if people still have to work, you can still wear your bunny slippers at work. I have done so many a time. Thank you for this. Is the website okay to use? Please let us know what is happening.

Love you too!

Hi Monica! Yes! The website is okay to use. The issue was with a Facebook account and is very close to being resolved with Facebook. Thanks for asking. 🧡

13. Kylie

I enjoyed this vlog and this perspective. Thank you for sharing it! What a great metaphor. I hope the negativity in the comments does not put you off. What you shared was powerful and helpful. I hope you’re able to get your account back quickly. This happened to my disorder and she was able to quickly get it back. You can also reach out to them on messenger via their own ‘Facebook page’ for Facebook. Lol it’s very black mirror. Best wishes.

14. Kylie

Ha! Sorry sister somehow autocorrected to ‘disorder’. Oops!

15. Wendy

Kylie, point well taken. I did re-listen and you are right! What good are my prayers doing me when I get angry for no reason and hurt someone. I am very sorry. I need to pay attention better. ☹️

16. Patricia Visser

So did the hacking get resolved?

17. Mercedes

I love you too!

18. G've

I have chronic illnesses. For the last 19 years, much of my life has been “in bunny slippers.” For the past 6 weeks, I’ve been battling a new lung problem. I still can’t get COVID tested, and am continuing my precautions to prevent infecting others. Since 2017 when I embarked on BLE, often when my body begins to feel sick or weak, I crave additional protein. I allow myself to have it since it doesn’t repeat the next day or escalate, and because it feels like my body requires it for my healing. Watching this vlog, I asked my protein-craving part if that was correct. Why am I now, in the pandemic, wanting more protein every week? And the answer came back at me like a shot, loud and clear: “STRENGTH! This requires more strength!”

Wishing everyone more comfort and strength, rest and everything else they need in this challenging time. <3