Three Helpful Mental Strategies

The last couple of weeks have been an absolute rollercoaster. If you’re feeling like you don’t even know what to feel, I’m right there with you. So, for this week’s vlog, I wanted to share a few cognitive strategies that I’ve been using to rein in my racing thoughts. I hope you find them helpful.

CHECK OUT THE RESOURCES PAGE!

Comments

1. Yoshino

I just thought, about your adolescence where you went on and off drug. So you try to get rid of your addiction and start building the first layer of carrots. But there was your subconscience booking to go forward. Before you went back to drug, wrecking the first layer of carrots, your sub conscience was telling you ‘Susan, this is not true, this is too good to happen.’ So you went back to addiction. That’s because you could not believe you can go off drug for good. I was told this when I talked to a psychic after my divorce.

2. Ariann

Love it. Practical advice is always welcome. This is so helpful in this chaotic world. Particularly to ditch the news.

Thanks for watching and for your kind feedback, Ariann! 🧡

3. Karen Talarico

Great insight as always Susan! Just what I needed at this moment.

4. Lakshmi R Arul

Just on time, Susan! I posted in our BLE group regarding how to cope up with binge eating because of anxiety with our current #stayhome situation. There your Vlog came along to support! Thank you!

So glad this week’s vlog brought some answers for you, Lakshmi! 🧡 🧡 🧡

5. Stefi

❤️

6. Don Benedik

High Five!

7. Miranda

I’m not a bright lifer but I’ve been basically doing these three mental strategies that you suggest and they do work in times of crisis.

8. Marion

That was the most lovely vlog and so so timely. We here in Australia are having all sorts of conditions put upon us to try to stem the progress of this nasty virus. I can only be thankful that I was not on a cruise when it broke out as cruise ships are not built to prevent viruses spreading. Though I have had very good experiences on ships with my BLE and weight loss. I always remember your no licks, tastes or bites rule and on a cruise it is easier to abide by that whereas at home I love baking and that is where I come unstuck, not always but sometimes. Because we have so much down time on our hands, I have decided to do an early spring clean and am finding all sorts of forgotten things which brighten my day. I am making it into an anti hoarding season!! Well times are different? Thank you Susan.
    Marion NSW Australia

9. Bev Doney

I am so glad you are here!! I am having a super roller coaster now through all this stuff. BUT I won’t give up! you are an amazing example of someone who doesn’t give up and learns to forgive themselves and keep on going. Thank-you so much!

10. Jill Marchant (Charlene Jill Marchant)

Yep–finally had to pull myself away from the news because it wasn’t helping me feel safe…..and not feeling safe made me anxious and worried. So I check the news once in the evening before dinner. After dinner I look to TV for silly relief (last night it was Funny Women of A Certain Age 2 on HBO–very funny). I started my BLE life Oct 6, 2019 and have completed boot camp and Reboot Rezoom. I was having withdrawals from being immersed in your daily videos and BLE materials the last 6 months–so glad I have been able to find you on Facebook as hearing voice is has become a habit!

11. Kim

Thank you, Susan, for your encouragement! I’m an emotional mess and barely keeping it together right now. Thank you for being a source of light in the darkness and for giving people some direction for managing all the negative feelings.

12. Claudia Brauer

Thank you. Beautiful blog. It sounded as if you had interviewed me and copied from me my strategies for success in BLE! 😂😂😂 for real, i am a Crystal vaser on day 225 of BLE and my crystal vasers mastermind group rocks! We all agree that our lines are brighter than ever during the crisis because we are leaning into our bright lines as a source of strength! I truly believe that the strength of our program resides in having very strong mental habits. The food plan is just a part of it. I love being able to watch Netflix too and constantly give myself permission to jump into bed when the food is calling me. I even locked myself in my cabin almost one whole day during a cruise last week, just sleeping snd watching TV while the rest of my group was eating NMF and NMD. Thank you too for the “permission” to change food groups when thr foid in one group is not available. It has meant so much to me lately.

1. Claudia Brauer

Ps cruise last Month (not last week!)

13. Linda Wilkins

So clear. So wise. Thank you.

14. Melody

A very helpful vlog. Thank you for these concrete strategies. Helpful reminders for these stressful times. I miss your old introduction. I have to fast forward through your intro. We need a more peppy intro. One that is natural and you. Just a suggestion.

15. Laura

Just exactly what I needed right now. I have been kind of in denial about how this was affecting me. I was watching from above and just letting things go. Thank you ever so much for pulling my feet back down to the ground.

16. Jack Junior Pullin

Your speech is great thanks a million for it ,it was very very very helpful, to hear something that’s constructive.Stay well Hack