Connection in the Coronavirus Chaos

Since I started putting out a video blog every Wednesday over five years ago, it’s never happened that world events changed so rapidly that seven days felt like an inappropriately long stretch of time between vlogs. Until now. But it’s finally Wednesday, and of course I have thoughts to share. Please know that this installment of the weekly vlog arrives in your inbox with a universe of love and care for you and yours.

Monique Rhodes is offering a free, 10-minute meditation to soothe us during these stressful times.

GET THE FREE TRACK NOW!

Comments

1. Sara Anderson

As always, a lovely LOVELY message, Susan. Thanks for leading with good sense and serenity. You’re pretty wonderful!

2. Janice

Such a beautiful vlog Susan! Wonderful, uplifting, positive, inspiring shares about your mother and daughter. So calming to know that we can be at peace with our food, however it works for each of us. Thank you.

Thank you for your kind words, Janice! Sending you love and light. 🧡

3. Maria

Thank you for your compassion, care, and love. Thank you for the beautiful word images your daughter made. We are all in this together, we are all connected, and we’ll stay the course.

4. Patty

Thank you Susan! I needed this so much today! I spent all day yesterday crying. My dog (who means everything to me) is injured and needing an expensive surgery and the whole virus fear! I didn’t eat well yesterday. I didn’t go after sugar or flour; those lines are still bright but I snacked and cried and felt sorry for myself and all my friends. I haven’t been into the online community for awhile now but I’m here and trying to do the best I can. I’m grateful for you and your message today! Thank you!

Oh, Patty, thank you for connecting. We are grateful for you, too. Sending healing energy to you and your pup. 🧡

5. Marsha Slivka

SPT, your honesty is greatly appreciated. It is an honest reaction and I think we are al grappling with the uncertainty and enormity of this situation. We are blessed to have the live and support from my community in BLE. Thanks for stepping forward with love, support and honesty 💕

6. Dee Fay

Thank you Susan. This was just what I needed. Probably one of the most information-packed Vlogs ever! Is there any way we can see the email from Ocean Robbins that you’ve mentioned twice in this past few days?

Thank you, Dee! 🧡 We’ll forward the email to you at the address you used to comment here.

7. Sharon W

Thank you for the very inspiring vlog today. As an older person who has no health issues I still feel at risk. However I am lucky because I have a lot of support from my teriffic family and very close friends. God bless you and keep you and your family safe during this time.

It’s such a blessing right now to be able to maintain our gratitude and support. Thank you for being part of our community, Sharon.

8. Janet Black

Interesting that you should talk about breast cancer because I have just been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer while I was going thru boot camp. I’m still keeping my lines bright but the stress from both that and COVID-19 is really difficult. I appreciate the support from BLE. The cancer actually makes me more careful to keep my lines bright because sugar is terrible for cancer. But that doesn’t stop me from wishing I could eat for comfort right now. Thank you for your message.

Janet, thank you for being here and sharing with us. Keep leaning into your lines and your loving support community. We are sending you so much love and healing light. 💖

9. Deb

As a retired Air Force ICU nurse, I’m considering jumping back into the work force during this crisis. Though you addressed food choices in the blog, your words about “allowing “ all the feelings….was just what I needed to hear as I struggle with this decision. Timing…wow! Thank you

10. Debbie Bishop

Susan, you are a breath of fresh air. We all need you more than ever. Your daughter is extra special as well. Thank you for your kindness, your generosity, and your calm spirit’

11. Patricia Martin

So awesome to hear from someone on the other side of the world. Here in New Zealand, no community transmission yet, but still fearful and panic buying happening. Thank you so much Susan. Very comforting.

12. Donald Theiss

Beautiful Susan, so thoughtful, sensitive, caring, authentic. You stimulate all the feelings of love and caring in me as well. Thank you

13. Aurelia

In this time of diversity,think of moving slowly forward.You are intelligent and heartfelt,More than BLE.The World needs to hear from you.

14. Sally Zelonis

Thank you for your message during this crazy time.

15. Amy Butler

I so needed to hear your message today. Thank you, thank you!! I am sticking to my bright lines, but it has been super difficult to resist NMF. I appreciate your message of encouragement. I have been wondering about the lack of produce as well. Thank you for addressing that topic and the alternatives. You have changed my life with Bright Line Eating. I am eternally grateful.

16. Ellie Osborn

Susan? I thought I loved you before this, but now I TRULY love you! That vlog was AWESOME! Just the right amount of humor, love, and compassion I needed to hear! I am now calling you “My Life Style GURU! ” 😉

17. Nancy W. Goss

Thanks, Susan!

18. Tina Marcelli

You are so amazing Susan!! I love you and your messages of constant support! They mean so much for those
    Of us experiencing fear and anxiety in these crazy times. ❤️

19. Carolyn

Beautiful post, SPT. One of the best, most honest and real posts I’ve seen. Thank you.

20. Nancy Nrdelli

thanks for helping me realize that no matter what…..all will be well. There is room for this too. Yesterday,
    My son and future daughter-in-law had to cancel their wedding planned for two weeks. My heart was aching for them as they work out future plans.
    All we can do is hope and pray for this couple and the world fighting this coronavirus.

Oh dear, Nancy. That is a sad decision to have to make. We are sending you and your family much love during this time. 🧡

21. Helen Spingola

A high anxiety level sent me straight to the ice cream. This vlog sent me straight back to sanity. Thanks, SPT

Lean into your program, Helen. Simply reZOOM! We are here for you. 🧡

22. Ellen Rossini

“Keep physical distance, not social distance” — BRILLIANT!! So true!! Thank you for this really important wisdom, Susan!

23. Sylvia

Thank you so much for your kind words.lovely Susan

24. Tori Matthews

Susan,
    I Love You too!

25. Irene

Can’t get the free meditation for some reason.

26. Zelda

CUTTING OUTFILLER WORDS. toastmasters.org. learn to control your filler words. The ya knows-ahs-yeahs-right Right m um beyond irating. Do YOURSELF a favor learn to cut out all the fillers. How darn you compare cancer and a virus ….beyond hurtful

Zelda, we understand this is a sensitive topic that will speak right to the heart of some of our community members. Please don’t mistake the intention of Susan’s analogy. She is certainly not comparing cancer to a virus, but rather is comparing the emotional effects of a cancer diagnosis to yourself or a loved one to the emotional effects of a crippling global pandemic. Both are so personal and have such an impact on our mental health and our general well-being. We hope you are well during this difficult time. 🧡

27. Peggy

Thank you! Great message of encouragement.
    Zoe’s drawing is wonderful!

28. Anne

Great message.

29. Gail

Excellent vlog. Your compassion is beyond compare. Little Zoe, has embraced so much of what you have put out there. I think you reached all of us on this one.

30. Dorie Roselle

That was beautiful ly said

31. Lynne Hannay

Thank you, thank you, thank you for your calm and clarity. So much love ❤️

32. Don Benedik

I feel blessed that I discovered you and BLE. My life has so changed for the better. I am so happy to be part of you and the BLE community. I am calmer after hearing today’s vlog affirming that , in spite of this difficult time, I’m still part of BLE.
    Thanks Susan.

33. Paula Eakins

Such a great vlog today Susan , thank you. Loved the humor about the toilet paper. My BLE are still do great 136 days and still counting. I also have been sharing with others your Vlogs and Facebook is on point with the support groups of which I am one of them. Be Blessed and thanks again for your ministry.

34. Charlotte Zachariassen

Thank you I say with a big, warm smile. Listening to you today is like a nice hug. Hug to you too.

35. Joelle B

Hello Susan,
    I just listened to you vlog…I work in healthcare in Canada and just have been coming home exhausted.
    Thank you soooo much for your vlog. I so needed to hear that. I was shaming myself because I chose to have cauliflower pizza last night (I have been bright all week). While listening to you vlog I realized that, it’s OK, it’s all going to be OK. I have all the food I need at home for a full week and now can allow myself to eat an extra food group if I run out of another one. THANK YOU for your compassionate message. I love BLE, it has given me peace and comfort in my life. I love eating HEALTHY FOODS. Once again, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Thank you for all you’re doing to help and serve your community in Canada, dear Joelle. Rest and take care of yourself too, friend. <3 <3 <3

36. Diane

Thank you for this vlog but also for bright line eating. My reboot rezoom group have been having a messenger video call weekly for over a year. The connections made are helping us all navigate these uncertain times. Those connections wouldn’t have happened without BLE, totally a silver lining to food addiction 💕

37. Stephanie Smith

Being over 65 and having Asthma I am in the high risk group. I am suppose to be staying away from other humans
    but it is really hard. I am not fearful or worried just annoyed and bored. The places that meant something to me
    are closed. Thankfully my fitness center is still open. I am sadden by the selfishness of Americans. People remember when you shop
    other people need stuff.
    The two bright spots are I lost a few pounds and saved some money.
    PS I lived in Florida it is suppose to hit 97 this week. Way too early to be so hot.

38. Karen Wilt

Unfortunately, this ‘free’ track of meditation is simply a free 10 day trial of another person who’s taking full advantage of a bad situation to make money. I’m shocked you’re supporting it.