Micro-Gratitudes

It’s the day before Thanksgiving, so you may be expecting a vlog all about getting through the holiday. That’s what I’ve done in the past, because the holidays can be challenging, and it’s important information. This year, though, I felt compelled to do something different. I decided to shift focus and share with you one small piece of advice that’s been on my mind all week—a tip so small that it’s actually huge. Watch this week’s vlog to hear more.

Comments

1. Sharon R Altman

Fantastic idea to grab onto! Thank you, Susan. I will be thinking about this. I sometimes have a hard time “socializing” in a group, but have found if I think ahead of time about each person I will most likely see at a gathering; and put myself in a frame of mind to appreciate something about them, I have had the most rewarding encounters with people. This micro-gratitude builds on that for me. I am grateful for your vlog today!

2. Shawna Murph

Absolutely Beautiful Vlog Susan! What a concept that we are “nothing”, yet “everything” in the realm of things. Thank you for taking time to share this with us! Happy Thanksgiving!

3. Fiona

Susan, please accept my condolences on your loss. This vlog reminded me of something a friend told me once. It was about what goes on our head stone…the date we are born, then a dash and the date we died. She told me that she was “glad I was in her dash.” Micro-gratitude getting bigger and bigger (just like you said it would!) which is now a macro gratitude that Susan Peirce Thompson is in our dash! 😀 Very thankful for that. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Safe journeys to anyone who is traveling or has family or friends traveling to and from.

4. Karen R Shepherd

I listened to you with great interest. What immediately came to mind was your Mom singing “Coat of Many Colors” at your request in the Volkswagen van many, many years ago. I don’t know if you remember, but I do. This thought was an example of a micro gratitude for me. This is a warm memory.

Have a Blessed Holiday!
    Your old friend,
    Karen R Shepherd

5. Faith Davidson

This is the first vlog I’ve seen. I had an email and upon opening it, here your were. Such a wonderful concept of taking something so small and upon closer inquiry…wow! I’m going to use this idea with my older daughter. I only see her about once a month and she only lives about 5 blocks from me. But I’m going to focus tomorrow on how thankful I am that I get to see her. Thank you so much for your insightfulness. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Wishing you a wonderful time with your beloved daughter, Faith! ❤️

6. Helen

WOW!!!

7. Barbara Cohen

Thank you, Susan…just beautiful….<3 Joy-filled Thanksgiving!

8. Betsy Moulds

So important at this time as my husband is recovering from a broken neck. We are thankful that he can move at all, walk, breathe, move his fingers and smile. We are, I am, so grateful for the little things.

Sending so much love and healing wishes to your dear husband, Betsy! ❤️

9. Norm

Yes. This. Perfect.

10. Constance Joy

Thank you Susan… simply beautiful! Grateful for the many blessings that you have brought into my life. Condolences on your loss and peace be with you. Wishing you and the family a blessed day🙏🌹❤️

11. Rosangela Silva

As always, AMAZING insights! Happy Thanksgiving, Susan! S2

12. Kris Plubell

Have you read Ann Voscamps “1000 Gifts?” Think you would love it!!

13. Amanda

The Table Where Rich People Sit, by Byrd Baylor
    I wonder if this is the book you recall…

14. Deb

Didn’t get a chance to read this on Wednesday. Read it on Friday, my birthday. Thank you, Susan, for starting it with wonderful thoughts for the day.

15. Kathy

I tend to write only when I´m somehow annoyed by some aspect of a vlog, but now I have to say Thank you for sharing these words of wisdom!

16. Suzanne Crosdale

How lovely as a reminder to use our tools. I am thinking when I want to eat ‘not my food’ to think of someone and actually send them the gratitude I feel for them on a text or email or phone them or whatever works in this technology age. Then gratefully choose the right thing to eat. And my micro gratitude is for tissues as I have a cold. Yes I am grateful that I can breath and still babysit my grandson and I can relax and recuperate and on and on.

Love your idea here, Suzanne! Rest up and feel better, friend! 🧡

17. Nancy Goss

Fabulous!!! Loved it!!! Being present!

18. Laurie

Hey Susan! Couldn’t resist commenting on this…. I’m currently doing my PhD in Astroparticle Physics. As a kid whenever I had any troubles (fights with friends, parents, whatever) I would just look up into the night sky, see the stars, and be MINDBLOWN about how enormous, and far and old they were. Always put my childhood worries into perspective! 🙂 Even now whenever I can’t sleep, I just picture neutrinos and photons produced in enormous stellar explosions flying towards the Earth at (near)light speeds. Haha sorry, I’m a nerd I know… Thanks for the vlog!

19. jo h.

Thank you, Susan, for a beautiful vlog! The part about being thankful for breath really resonated with me as I have a friend who is on oxygen. I love your positivity! God bless.

20. Jessica Atkinson