Boo Crew

Non-Scale Victories, Rezoom, NMF, NMD… If you’ve been doing Bright Line Eating, you know what those words and acronyms mean. They’re Bright Line Eating neologisms. Phrases the BLE community made up, part of a shared vocabulary. Now, over the past couple of weeks, a new term has surfaced. Watch this week’s vlog to find out what I’ve been saying and why I think the newest BLE-ism may be the most important one, especially as we head into the (wonderful, albeit challenging) holiday season.

Comments

1. Debra A Polley

I did the 14 day challenge several months ago which has launched me on this Brightline journey… so far, pretty good (with the help of Susan’s books and weekly vlogs), but how do i get a Boo Crew if I’m not a Bright lifer nor have done the boot camp?
    Thanks.

1. JOEY CARUSO

Hi, Debra! I just watched the Boo Crew vlog & asked myself the same question you just asked. Would you like to be on my Boo Crew? I have joined the Boot Camp & really get wonderful results when I follow the Bright Lines perfectly. But I wrestle with the Saboteur, & sometimes it wins. 🙁

How are you doing on the program?
      (By the way, I am female. Don’t let my name fool you. )😊

1. Lynnie Phillips

Joey
        Can I be on your Boo Crew too?

2. stefi

This vlog is WONDERFUL! whether you’re a bright lifer or a follower of vlogs/books or something in between, one definitely can make your own Boo Crew!! Great explanation video – loved it!!👍😘🙂🤗

Love to see the connections and support being made and offered! You guys are awesome! <3

4. Terry

Get on the BLE Facebook group and ask for others who also need and want buddies.

5. Kathy

Hi Debra,
      I also did the 14 day challenge and read BLE a little over a year ago. My results have been dramatic, losing all my weight and “for the most part“adapting the program… and regaining confidence too.
      This worked well until recently when I lost my 89-year-old mother. Now with this added stress my imperfect bright lines are taking a toll. I do think that a boo crew would be a relief given that I don’t know anyone else who eats like this. Although I didn’t think I needed it before, I am reconsidering the need for the Boot Camp.

2. Patti bizic

Who is Danny on your work boards displays?

Danny is a photographer/videographer. 😉 He helps with vlogs and program videos. He also attends the Annual Family Reunion, so if you’re ever there, you’ll get to meet him! <3

3. Hollie Duvall

I am not in Bright Lifers either (for financial reasons) and feel totally disconnected from this idea. Fortunately, I have a group from a Gideon games that I was in previously that could help. But just not sure where to put this…….

1. Susan Zencka

Love you, Hollie–YES, the Eight (that GG group) is a great place to start building a Boo Crew!

4. Karen

Hmmm….I could have sworn that the phrase “Non-scale victories” or NSVs was coined by Lindsay Nixon of Happy Herbivore and Meal Mentor in one of her early Slim Team programs. Perhaps BLEers brought it over from there. However, I’m not complaining. It’s good when multiple groups use the same terminology, especially when it helps lead to success.

5. Klara LeVine

Beautiful beautiful vlog – the idea simply put is just to spread the love. I remember studying in college an experiment to see what factors would make workers improve. They did this or that – and the end result was it didn’t matter what they did, it was the attention the workers were getting that mattered!!!!! We all so need that love and attention

Wow! Love that thought. Could apply this to many roles: parenting, schools, how we interact with others in our communities…

6. Theresa

Another awesome vlog… Thank you SPT!!!

7. Diane

Hmmm, why new videos for Reboot Rezoom? Makes me wonder whether the course run early this year was less tha, if new videos are required?

Hi Diane! Susan is creating some new videos similar to when a professor updates a course. Last year was her first run and there are some things she would like to update and change, just like she would when teaching a college-level course for the second time around.

What she explained to us is when she was a professor she would make quite a few changes the second time she taught a new course and maybe only a few the third time. After that she would make updates if the science or facts changed, and that’s about it. <3

8. Bernice Mabey

Thanks Susan for your encouragement each week. I look forward to the weekly log each week. To be up lifted and to be better with bright line eating.. It’s not prefect but I am not giving up. Your an amazing person . My greatest wish to meet you some day. Again thank you so much for all you do.
    Bernice

9. Denise

As an introvert, a “Boo Crew” sounds waaay too anxiety provoking. As challenging as keeping my lines bright is at times, it’s a walk in the park compared to the thought of dealing with a crew of even 3 or 4…

True! Personality preferences and social tendencies will certainly come into play with how an individual gets support. <3

2. Terry

DITTO!!! I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. It makes me tired to think about it.

3. Terry

I want to add that I have a Boo Crew of friends and family I love and have been close to for years, so I am not a recluse. I just freeze at the idea of constructing relationships in the way extroverts do. I don’t mean that as a put down, because obviously it is REAL for so many Bright Line Eaters. I like the BLE people I have met. but I don’t even talk to my daughters or my sister or my best friends every day! If I talked to 3 BLE friends every day, it seems like that would be ALL I could do in a day.

10. Leann Stiles

This was helpful. As an introvert join doesn’t come natural so I’d love you to continue helping us learn how to form a Boo Crew and how they can work. I know there is info in the book about forming a Mastermind group that is helpful and I can use more tips. Thanks

11. Bethany

I love the idea! My challenge with it is that my first thought when I heard it (as an oldie) was “why would I want a crew of people to ‘boo’ at me?” Anyone out of the loop with current lingo or unfamiliar with BLE might immediately think it’s about people boo-ing each other rather than cheering. Before watching the video, I thought, I’d rather have a cheer squad than a boo crew.

12. Pam

Thank you!

13. Kathryn

I’m with you Bethany.

14. Nancy W. Goss

I love Boo Crew! Great name!

15. Carolyn Scott

We have a Boo Crew of 6 strong women and it is instrumental to our journey! They are my tribe; I turn to them several times a day. Soooo much non judgmental support, love and plain sass! My greatest NSV; was taking that first step! Three weeks in; I am 8.8lbs down; I am so proud!
    Thank you sincerely SPT & BLE!

16. Ariann

Great vlog as always. I love Boo Crew name and concept. Support is critical for any major process in life. Thanks for letting the world know and sharing your vulnerability once again.

17. Helen McDonnell

Wonderful💕
    So proud to be part of the Boo Crew🥰❤️

18. Naomi

Wow. It would have been helpful to know before I went thru all this craziness with BLE that you need at least 6 ppl in your circle for this to be possible. No wonder I’d struggled so. I would NEVER be friends with that many ppl naturally. And I would NEVER imagine it acceptable to ask a person to be responsible for me on a daily basis. So this is news to me. I have never had anyone in my whole life check in on me on a daily basis. Not even my mom. The ability to Seek support is Largely about having a sense of self love and confidence in oneself and security in who you are as a person. I couldn’t do these things you are saying because I was a shamed of myself. I had incredibly low self esteem and because I’ve never had someone to care about me like that. Therefore I thought no one WOULD care about me like that. Therefore I’d never imagine asking a person to do such a major thing as check on me everyday. I’d barely do it for myself. The entire concept of emotional support is one I largely didn’t understand because it’s something I’ve lacked since childhood. 🙁 I’ve had to learn very basic human things while struggling with this food thing. I really hate my mom couldn’t teach me basic things like this.

19. Madeline Caporale

I fail to understand the difference between a ‘boo crew’ and having a number of buddies. I can see where a boo crew is not synonymous with a mastermind group, but aside from renaming a concept, I do not get it. There is so much other information that can be covered than simply putting a new label on a support network. Besides, anyone who has worked any 12 Step recovery program know the importance of having a list of persons one can call as needed for support.

20. Carmel Iammarino

Thanks for the vlog. I’ve been doing BLE for 6 weeks and love it. How can I connect with a support group?

Hi Carmel! Welcome! If you’re in Boot Camp, that’s a great place to look. You can also join our Facebook group called Bright Line Eating Official and look into finding some buddies there. People are often on the hunt for a mastermind group or accountability partner. <3