Receiving News (Both Good and Bad)

This week, for the first time ever, I shot the weekly vlog LIVE so we could find out together, in real time, if The Official Bright Line Eating Cookbook: Weight Loss Made Simple made the NYT bestseller list. So did we do it?? And, of course, there’s a Bright Line Eating message woven in. How do we best handle news, whether good or bad, and why does it matter so much for our mental health that we get good at receiving BIG news? This VLOG is worth watching for SO many reasons.

ORDER THE COOKBOOK NOW!

Give-a-Gift Template

Want to gift the Official BLE Cookbook?
Fill out this beautiful template to give your loved one a personalized copy!

DOWNLOAD THE PDF

Comments

1. Margaret TERRIS

Well done susan

2. Barbara P Meyn

Congratulations, so exciting that our cookbook made the N.Y. TIMES BEST SELLER LIST. Yay👋👋👋
    Great VLOG Susan, great to see the family join you in the celebration. Bask in the joy in a job well done. Love you so much

3. kthoma@wightman.ca

Bought my BLEating cookbook on Amazon
    LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT
    Karen Thoma

4. Lisa

Yay!!! This is so exciting!!! Congratulations to you, all the book contributors, and to all of us in this amazing BLE community! A big win for the BLE Movement! Great vlog, Susan!

5. Mayra Garza-Hitchens

What a beautiful video. I felt the joy .
    Congratulations to all of us!! 🥰
    And well done, Susan!!

6. Lois

Submitted a recipe that was not accepted and evaluated recipes.

7. Caroline V Ritter

Congratulations! I appreciate your message about handling good news as it has been a bone of contention in my taking part in a program for recovering from overeating. I shed 100 pounds and remain in that ballpark after a number of years yet was never asked to do a speaker meeting. It should not matter but it hurt because I remember when I was quite obese and walked into a restaurant where many from that group were gathered, eating. I said hello, but no one asked me to join them and I ate alone. I did that all the time and was expecting to anyway, but it was one of many times I felt like I simply was not good enough to be part of their in-group. I wondered if it was because of my weight. So when I shed it, I found out that was not the reason. Part of the problem was that I did not get my recovery in those rooms. I went to a place where I was taught a different approach to food in a whole foods plant strong was of eating (in this case macrobiotics). Even my doctor who told me I needed to lose weight for my health’s sake never congratulated me but rather use to quiz me and mock me about whether I still ate seaweed. I shed most of the weight while prescribed a prescription anti-psychotic that causes increased appetite and weight gain by him. My primary care doctor did not congratulate me either. So I know this may sound like whining on your big day, but I actually am writing it because you are one of the few people who understand what this means to someone who is a #10 on your scale but just never seems to fit in or do things the way other people do. I so get the “too tall poppy syndrome” you described. Congratulations again!

Thank you for your congratulations, Caroline. You are certainly welcome at this table and are here for you. <3

8. Helen Spingola

Great news!Great book!! Great family!!

9. Stefi

🥳CONGRATULATIONS !!🥳
    Wonderful news 😍 & great vlog too !! You have a lovely lovely family Susan !! 👍🥰😘🎈

10. Nadine Nicholson

Loved seeing your family and the joy you showed around them. Congratulations on your the new book! It takes a village to raise a book!

11. Roomana H Songerwala

Congratulations Susan! I have to say although I couldn’t buy your book, I kind of share in your success coz ever since I started receiving your emails, I’ve started keeping up my own bright lines and experienced the results I was seeking. May all your work be blessed, and may this be only the beginning of a life full of success stories ameen

12. George

Congratulations on the book launch. I have quite a number of books concerned with healthy eating so do I need another one? Releasing one’s emotions can certainly be a healthy thing and also maintaining a positive attitude when the tide turns the other way. Good luck in the months ahead.

13. Kate

So excited for you and the “community” of BLE …. YAY

14. Billie

Huge congrats!

15. Poppy

I pre ordered the book when you announced it but living in the UK it is only getting delivered today so I haven’t reviewed as I haven’t got it yet. Thanks to you all who helped make it.

So glad you could get a copy, Poppy! Appreciate your support. <3

16. Teri M.

Just left my review, so you have 59 now SPT, lol. Love the book, the vlog and everything BLE.

17. Teresa F

Congratulations to you and your wonderful team! You did a beautiful job on the book and your work has changed my life for the better! I love you and your adorable family. Keep up the good work you are doing.

18. Cynthia

I love seeing you with your family. That’s so wonderful!! And congratulations on being a Best Seller. This is going to be such a blessing to others!!

19. Monica Dean

Congratulations!!

20. Ariann

Congratulations. Your work has paid off. Even a break down doesn’t stop forward motion.

21. Laura Nickerson

Congratulations Susan. Have been a Bright lifer since 2017 and am so so happy for you and the many people that will be touched and lives changed by this book.

22. Marlene Clark

Congratulations for making the NY Times best selling list! The Official BLE Cookbook is so beautifully put together with very colorful pictures and the recipes all look amazing! There are so many to choose from that I don’t know what to try first! Thank you so much for this book….my favorite after the first book, Bright Line Eating!❤️

23. Peggy A Garrett

I got my cookbook! I LOVE IT!! I am so excited! I am a cook, so if I get a new cookbook that has 2 recipes that I will enjoy I’m excited–I’ve got 20 (TWENTY!!) recipes flagged to use! I am thrilled! I didn’t want to get in a rut and start eating the same foods all the time and this was a great answer! YAY!! Thank you, SPT, for putting it together!

24. Monica Dean

Congratulations!! I didn’t buy the book because on of the responses I had in the program was to get rid of cookbooks and cooking magazines etc. Butt, I do applaud everyone’s efforts who contributed to or were apart of the book. Yea you!!