Non-Scale Victories (NSVs)

Here at Bright Line Eating, there’s a saying we love: “Come for the vanity; stay for the sanity.” There are so many benefits to this program besides weight loss, and in this week’s vlog, I share a bunch of NSVs, or “non-scale victories” experienced by members of our community.

Comments

1. Carrie Shuman

Thank you for sharing NSV…This is exactly the Meredith we know…warm, creative, amazing …❤️

2. Andrea Belrose

Thank you for your commitment Susan to reaching out via the weekly vlog ! I work in missile defense and chose not to have a Facebook account. Plus, I don’t really trust those Facebook people anyway. Wish you could figure out an online safe place for us to interact like in an APP so that I could benefit by the BLE online community. I will start back on BLE ASAP. I am a former boot camper who worked through the weekly program conscientiously in the Fall of 2018 but fell off for some reason. I am addicted to Coca Cola. I weigh 56 more pounds than I did at 40 – 16 years ago. It is a source of shame and unnecessary hard word. Carrying around 56 extra pounds is hard! Especially when you mo your own yard and clean your own house and go to work everyday. Much ❤️ Andrea “Missy” Belrose

1. Linda

It would be great to have a group venue other than Facebook.

Thank you for watching and commenting, Andrea. We are here for you in anyway we can be of help. We hear you about wishing there were another online community supported on a different platform. So sorry that what we currently have isn’t an option for you. <3

3. Susan Blumenfeld

Absolutely Fabulous Meredith! Susie Q, thanks for reading us Meredith’s story. You are looking well and rested and bright! xoxox
    HTF Susan B. day 582 I am a bright lifer.

4. Diane

Would love a copy of that art journal could it be published?

5. Monica Leggett

Susan, this was my absolute favorite vlog so far. YOU look so comfortable and happy and genuine. The art book was an amazing gift to share, and the NSV’s show that BLE, and the community you have created, has allowed people to make changes that go way beyond what they thought they were signing up for. I think it’s the thread of integrity that you ask us to realign our thoughts, our actions, and our lives. Love you!

6. Jennifer Jeffcoat

Thank you for including my NSV. I put the quotes around eating healthy because I was very careful when I started to set a good example for our son. I didn’t want him to know about diets , instead I explained why I have to eat differently from him and his dad..My husband is a 2 on the SS never understood how food controlled me. I had been taking advantage of his visual impairment to overeat for years. Our son is sighted and was noticing my behavior around food. I told him why I need to follow Dr Susan’s plan and he has been supporting me ever since, they both have.

7. Emily

Wonderful art project! I love your new look!

8. Mylene Lacroix

Great VLOG Susan . .I am finally glimpsing the FREE part of ”Happy, thin and free” Thank you!
    I Think I want to make one of those art Journal

9. Stephanie

Favorite vlog so far! Been following since April this year because I got my husband listening to the audiobook. He sent me the link to the susceptibility quiz, I took it thinking I’d unsubscribe later, but I haven’t because your content is so good! When he and I jumped into no sugar and no flour, I was already in a “right sized” body: I am just in it because I am supporting him—or so I thought. I lost weight too! I lost inches and gained regularity that I’ve never had before! I don’t know why I’m sharing all this except to say that you are doing a wonderful service. I wish I could encourage everyone to try it (but I know I don’t have the same credibility that others have). So I will just continue to BLE and be my husband’s biggest supporter.

Congratulations to you, Stephanie and thank you for supporting your husband so well. <3

10. Sheri Morris

My favorite blog too. I have done art journals before, but never finished them. I loved the use of stickies and pictures. Great job. Sheri

11. Joseph

Would you say that NSV’s are unintended consequences, positive ones?
    Joseph in Missoula

1. Susan Peirce Thompson, PhD

Yes! Indeed!

12. Gina

Best vlog yet!! Keep up the great work everyone!

13. Beth Bel

Wonderful VLOG and I’m so glad you shared Meredith’s art journal! I think she’s amazing and her journal is a great reflection of her BLE journey. Way to go Meredith!

14. Jennifer M.

This is my favorite VLOG ever too!!! I love the art journal – so beautiful and inspiring! I want to do one, it looks like so much fun! I also love how you read it SPT, so adorable with your green monster saboteur voice! 🙂 I have been a Bright Lifer since boot-camp of February of 2017. BLE has changed and saved my life. I was diagnosed with state 1 breast cancer shortly after, and BLE helped me to take control of my eating and eliminate sugar, flour, binge eating, and purging. I’ve also stopped frequent alcohol intake and have weened off anti-depressants. I’m now healthy, happy, thin, and free! I have an amazing Mastermind support group and incredible buddy I talk to every single day on Marco Polo. I am more confident and assertive, and more in integrity and able to honor my authentic self. Instead of stuffing down difficult feelings with food or drink, I feel them, process them, and let them go. Thank you SPT and BLE!

15. Nancy W. Goss

Just such an inspiring vlog this week! Thanks for sharing all the wonderful transformations people have made!

16. Amanda Kay Creighton

Exquisite to feel people in their authentic freedom.

17. Dion

Thank you Susan! You look so relaxed and at peace! Thank you for sharing Meredith’s journey and the numerous other voices in this very special community…we are creating freedom in our lives and in the lives of those around us! <3

18. Shayne Fillmore

One of my favorite videos Susan!! Thanks so much for sharing – it was all so interesting and inspiring to me as one you met goal weight and thru the summer has slided a bit due to a life out of control with too many family events ! All good – but I was not firm enough to with stand pull of NMF and family culture around eating. I am in midst of reboot/rezoom and this was a perfect motivator to keep going. Thank you again! You are awesome!

19. kathleen E Dalton

very enjoyable video and you seem more relaxed than usual. FYI: weight watchers has been using NSV for a long time now but not sure when they started that. I write down my NSV’s in my journal to remind me of all the ways loosing weight has helped.

An NSV journal is a lovely idea and thanks for the tidbit about “nsv!” <3

20. Fabiola Matteini-Roberts

Wow – this vlog really got me!! I have been doing BLE since June 2016 and released 25 kilos but still have not go to goal weight. I have fluctuated between 70 to 75 kilos and I really need to get to my goal weight of 55 kgs. Since joining the new BLE Official Website I have been re inspired to continue on my journey and I have listened to the BLE Book, narrated by Susan, on Audible and I have been fired up again to keep going. Susan – you have changed my life and I thank God that I came across that interview you did in 2016. I feel unstoppable and I urge everyone to read or listen to the book as I thought I knew everything about BLE but the book added to that information I had and armed with this I can, and will, reach goal weight, Of course it’s not just about reaching my goal weight but feeling right in my body. I love the fact I have got from a size 16 (uk size) to a size 10 already but know I can get into a size 8 or 6. Susan – thank you, thank you, thank you for being you and sharing this wonderful BLE for everyone.

21. Harold Gretzky

The term NSV is in fact used by WW also. BLE NSV are forever. I lost and regained my WW weight five times.

22. Fabiola Matteini-Roberts

Hi all
    With my comment from earlier on today I forgot to mention how blown away I was with Meredith’s love book. She is such a talented person and I loved it. Such a precious gift to give to Susan, I am sure she will treasure it always . Much love to all on our BLE journeys.

23. Meri

Needed this today. Thanks Meredith! Thanks Susan and thanks to everyone who shared their NSV’s.

24. Stephanie

I loved her Saboteur reminded me of a recent sermon on Temptation where our priest used a McDonald Double Stack with Bacon.
    He started off with how good it taste, how good it look, and you do deserve a break today. Then he showed the calorie fat and sodium content and then you are majorly guilt tripped.