Meeting the Food Indulger and Food Controller

In this week’s vlog, I give you an update on my experience in Bright Line Freedom, and I illustrate how powerful and transformative it can be when you meet your Food Indulger and Food Controller and listen to what they’re trying to say.

Comments

1. Marianne

You changed your intro! No more looking up and to the right! I like it better. (The haters will now have to find something new to rag on.)

Hi, Marianne! Yes, the into has been changed. Keeping things fresh! 😉

2. Carole

Okay, you lost me on this one.

3. Rhianna Quinn Roddy

Is Bright Line Freedom on online course that is offered only periodically?

1. Margo Stewart

Yes, this is only the 2nd time I think.

Hi, Rhianna. Yes, the Bright Line Freedom is offered periodically.
      We make sure to give a few weeks notice when it’s coming up. If you’re on our email list or follow any of our social media pages, we’ll let you know when it’s available in 2020. We hope to see you next time! ❤️

4. Mercedes (from Argentina)

Is this a metaphor? Something you imagined? I don´t understand. Anyway, you gave me an idea. I´ll incorporate something new in my routine. I´ll write a message to my food indulger every day when I journal. And, why not, to my food controller as well. It was a strange vlog. I love you, Susan.

5. Barbara Dulong

I love you, Susan. At some point I will do this, but right now I have very little faith in my ability to ‘meet’ and communicate with my parts. Some day.

6. Marika

This was so fascinating! I love the idea of getting curious and making space for the other parts of ourselves to feel heard and cared for… Powerful stuff!

I totally agree, Marika! It’s fascinating stuff!! And we can always dig deeper and learn more about ourselves. Definitely powerful! xo

7. Mary

Thank you, I understand working with my higher self, so this made sense to me.

Wonderful, Mary! It’s heart-warming to hear that the message made sense to you.

8. Stephanie

A friend underwent Bariatric surgery about 4 months ago. Her trigger food is
    “Wise” BBQ Potato Chips. One day she was telling us she had been doing fantastic resisting
    the snack machine at work. She thought she had it licked until the day she saw a bag of chips
    on a coworkers desk. Not her favorites but plain chips. She said she zoned in on the chips
    and was so focused on them she stopped paying attention to what her coworker was telling her.

1. Stefi

I like the share ALOT … indeed the parts work inspires /helps.. Also as you mention the difference in David ‘s universe is enormous if your lines are or not bright , rings SOO true for my bf ‘s universe w /my food compliance or not. They are brave men😊 I say that w/love for us gals w/that 10+ + + susceptibility . And respect for them too!

9. Carla

Very insightful! I loved it!

10. Steven

Amazing, Powerful

11. Mary Maziarka

Susan, I thoroughly enjoyed this vlog!
    The simplicity of the “characters “ and language made it seem as though it were a book. And, a book that young people would read and understand. Does that make any sense? I can see the story of your meditation becoming one in a series of stories to help young people.
    I’m not a young person, ( except at heart😊)
    Loved being inside your head. Thank you!!! 💓

Hi, Mary. I love your description of “simplicity of the characters” and how the language sounds book-like to you. Fascinating! Thank you for sharing. Lots of love. xoxo

12. Hayley

Amazing as always thank you

13. Basha

I miss the old intro, liked it, simple easy and familiar. love you anyway

14. Mayla

This was incredible. You’ve moved into a very interesting intelligent thoughtful space. Your parts of self are so familiar to me. Parts of my self – I need to meet them in a compassionate and accepting way. Bright Liners: learn about the different sides of yourself that are pushing you in different directions – it will move you forward. Susan, your journey is amazing and I’m grateful to be a part of it. Funny how it grabbed me in a strange moment. Tomorrow is my 57th birthday and I was planning on having my first bite of sugar in a year. My last sugar was my birthday cake a year ago. But after this vlog I’m realizing that I don’t actually want it. I had scheduled the cake many months ago but it was unconscious. The sweetness that I will have is…. an orange. I find that sweetness to be spectacular. Yet again, Susan, thank you.

15. Christine

This one hit home for me and I thank you,
    I’ve been traveling 4 total of 15 days now away from home and so could relate. I so needed to hear this weekly blog.♥️

16. Sylvia

I love how you explains….it s more clear…love you au always. Sylvia

17. Mayra Garza-Hitchens

….I finished listening to this vlog and a previous one on the subject and as I was talking to my husband – I identified my indulger…….’it’s all about me’……………and so I turned towards him in the conversation… he didn’t even notice, and I did. And the ‘indulger’ quietly remained in the background.

Pretty epic.

Can I sustain it is the question…yes! I’m noticing how it feels in the body to ‘turn towards the other’….♥️🙏🏼 Washing through like a gentle stream in my body…

Thank you so much.

1. Mayra Garza-Hitchens

He did notice…he said, ‘thank you for talking to me’.

“Washing through like a gentle stream in my body…” Lovely!!❤️

18. Rogier Dijk

Thank you for uploading this. I just send this to my wife. This is the part that is so hard to explain to people. The ongoing conversations in my system between the different parts, all with their own ages and experiences. This helps to explain it. Wish we could follow those courses in the Netherlands. If you are ever looking for a partner here 🙂

BLE is keeping my weight in check for more than a year now.

Rogier
    Netherlands

You’re welcome, Roger. And congratulations on your success in Bright Line Eating!!
      I’m happy to hear that you’re sharing the vlog. I agree it can be a difficult concept to explain. For future reference, Bright Line Freedom is accessible to anyone around the world, as long as they have internet. It’s all online!

19. Ruth

Beautiful and so powerful!
    Love that you share your journey step by step.
    I recently went through a similar process between my ego and my highest self. Felt a lot of compassion and gratitude towards my ego because of all of its struggles trying to protect me and support me. We’re in the same team now 🥰

20. Rosemarie

I can’t thank you enough for this vlog. I realized my controller was harsh and insisted on not allowing any emotions that would interfere with correct food choices. The hurting, little one inside me couldn’t take any more and somehow the controller was pushed far away and I eventually gained back 80 of the 117 pounds I had lost. I haven’t cried like this in a long time, but I think all my parts are compassionate and calm now. Thank you so much!

Dearest Rosemarie, you are so very welcome! Thank you for sharing your heart and story. I love hearing that your parts are compassionate and calm now. Beautiful! xoxo

21. Ariann

So amazing and truthful.

22. Julie Dew

Hi Susan + BLE folks! I have great respect and admiration for all you are doing. And Susan, you are adorable and intelligent and very charismatic and charming! But I do feel compelled to say this: If we were all eating our species-specific diet, there would be no need for rules and counting and measuring and so much angst around food. None of the other 10 million species on earth have all these emotional issues and assorted problems around food. And none of them cook or process their food either. Horses, for example, eat grass to their hearts’ content . . . as much as they want, anytime they want! We could be doing the same, IF we would only eat our species-specific diet. What is it? It’s what we could eat in Nature with our bare hands: plant foods, mostly fruit, nothing cooked. Well, I’ve planted the seed. 😉 Humans are primates. Primates are frugivores. Humans are frugivores. ❤️

23. Mary Tullos

My innocent little indulger has become a wild child!

24. Jenny Partridge

LOVED this vlog. I’ve been focusing on the indulger. After listening to this, I visited with the controller. She’s going nuts trying to be “perfect” and at her wits end with little terrified indulger. Thank you for your insights and sharing.

25. Lisa

Thank you so much. This was real and insightful. I didn’t take the course but am now intrigued. I know of a couple of parts for me. I’d sure like to explore this more.

26. Karen Rudd

I love this vlog. I’ll try to guide myself through this meditation. It would so great if Susan could lead us through a guided meditation to meet my indulger and controller.

27. Debbie

I just wanted to take a minute and say that I really like this blog.. I’ve met four people of my inner self, and it’s kind of scary. That we can only go forward

28. MarieSwiderski

Where can I find recipes for boot camp, please?

Hi Marie! We’ve shared a lot of recipes and meal ideas on our Facebook and Instagram feeds. You can find us @brightlineeating. 😉