I’ve Never Met a Strong Person with an Easy Past

Recently, a friend of mine sent me a text that resonated deeply with me, and I want to share my thoughts. Watch this week’s vlog to hear all about it.

Comments

1. Shelia M Cummings

So true STP. BLT has been hard for right now but now I see if I continue and stick with the plane I will get stronger and will eventually have peace!!!! Thank you

1. Shelia M Cummings

Lol…… SPT

2. Caelan Huntress

This reminds me of a question I heard on a Tony Robbins course long ago – “What’s great about this?”

When something bad happens, he trained himself to respond with that question. I’ve been able to do that sometimes too, and it helps to weather whatever storm is happening.

1. Karen K

Like this very much. Going to use it this week, see if I can do a mind shift!

3. Helen McDonnell

What a Wonderful Vlog! I Have Definitely Lived This❤️
    I’m was overjoyed, covered in chills and teared up that you have reached more parenting JOY💖⭐️

4. Carleen

Great vlog, Susan. Here’s another saying for you that I’ve heard: “Your mess can become your mission.”

1. Eileen Lass

Carleen, another way I’ve heard it is “Your mess becomes your message!”

5. Lex

The serenity prayer has an extra handful of lines that most haven’t heard. One of them fits today’s vlog!

Accepting hardships as a pathway to peace.

I had to walk a lot of miles with that little pebble in my shoe before I began to accept it’s truth and wisdom.

1. Cat W

Thx for the comment. Something to think about

6. Illaria

I LOVE this vlog, Susan, thank you! Love your mother-daughter story! I totally agree that your storms is exactly what draws me to your wisdom and program. It’s also curious to me that Ari Whitten’s info on hormesis is absolutely resonant with “I’ve never met a strong person with an easy past”! I love synchronicity! Thank you so much.

PS: I’d love to hear more about willingness.

7. Claire

I’m with you! Loved the age where we could start talking-and it hasn’t quit for 30 plus years! Woo hoo! Few things…age ten…might be having some pre-puberty shifts-or-herself or peers actually IN puberty and menstrual….yup yup….about 4th grade? Things change so much in 4th grade…using reading to learn instead of learning to read..more responsibility…others starting to move out of young childhood and getting “cliquish” …I suddenly realized what death was in its finality at age 9…it was really a difficult thing….And lastly-one of my favorite books by Forrest Carter “The Education of Little Tree”…Don’t like the way it ends-but Don’t like the way Charlotte’s Web Ends either-so there you have it! 🙂
    Amen and I’ll shut up now, hoping everyone has a chance to read the book…Very rural-but the humor, angst, anguish, lessons and joy are universal.

Thanks for the thoughts and book recommendation Claire! Always fun to dive into a great read!

8. Patricia O'Connor

Amen, sista!!

9. Betsy Moulds

Having to work oneself up and out of a difficult situation does give one cause to do better. It also helps to know that good things will come from the trials that we have ahead of us. What’s important in order to succeed is to learn from our trials and add that knowledge to our quiver to use when we run up against a difficult moment, then we can turn that experience into good decisions. Thank you for reminding us that we have built a path for learning and success.

10. Elizabeth

Oh man did I need to hear that today! Thanks Susan

11. Paul Beaulieu

As always, thank you Susan.

12. Sandra Christiano

This one really resonated with me. As someone who was definitely ready willing and able to surrender to the fact that I’m a food addict, I am strong in my BLE program because of all the storms and struggles with my weight in the past. BLE is now my shelter against the storm. And I can see clearly now the rain is gone! HTF Baby…that’s me!

13. Rosalind Ackeret

Aww that’s sweet! Mostly I’m glad you’re daughter got the victory and you are so much deeper closer b/c of it.
    I’m currently disciplining myself big time back in the maintenance program and appreciate your vlogs more than anything else.
    Stay close to your family above all Susan. I worried about you and your family roles so this vlog is important to me that you’re on the right road.
    I mean I’d leave you if I think family would break because of of BLE.

14. Ahnna

This explains why when I started, I didn’t feel like I would do well because everyone else is like 50 and has tried 100 different weight loss programs, and I was 24 and never really tried to lose weight before. I didn’t know it was possible to lose weight because I thought that all those weight loss programs and pills and exercise devices were scams that everyone knew didn’t work. So being that I didn’t have the same background as everyone else in BLE , I took that to mean I didn’t have the commitment potential, the organization, the ability to stick with a plan like all the older women did. When really, I did have all that. I’ve stuck with things before, i’ve Been a PhD student! I just have not stuck with any food things before. And so my experience in BLE has been me gettin my food struggle reps in. To me, it felt like BLE made my food life worse than ever before. Because it created binges and mentalities that were more extreme and painful than ever before. But the experimentation was just necessary for me to really understand why EACH bright line is MANDATORY for peace. It’s like I needed to see the full spectrum of addictive overeating before I can peacefully let go off the food that disturbs my peace. I feel like I’m finally getting there. To the point of understanding there is no other option. And this is what works for me. And I CAN do this. And this IS MY NORM. It’s like I was speeded through the years of experience that all the older BL women have accrued. and it was just a year of time where food and my obsession with it was the sole focus of my life. And after this is done, I can do what I need to do, IN PEACE! In short, you must serve your time. You don’t get anything amazing without putting in the work. And the food struggle is the work. U. have to go thru the ranks. We all wanna just jump to the finish line without running the race and this year has taught me that. So much. With BLE and other things.

Thank you for sharing your journey Ahnna! We are glad to have you here! <3

15. Carol

As serious as these matters are, Susan, you nearly always make me laugh out loud, as you did here,, and thank you for that.

16. JoAnn

Love your posts, they come from a place of truth. This reminded me of one of my favorite books years ago; Strong in the broken places…

17. Sabra

Wow! Thank you Susan! I guess I knew this but to rethink it is valuable! It gives the struggle depth and makes the journey more rewarding!!

18. Nancy

Love the story you shared about your daughter. Kids need these life lessons and you made it so accessible for her to think through this. I often look at struggles and ask myself, “How am I being redirected?” That somehow takes the sting away from working through the difficult times.

Great thought there, Nancy! “How am I being redirected?” There’s something to consider in the future!

19. Robyn Ann Shapiro

Susan,

Beautifully said!!! This spoke to me. I am going through a small storm right now, and you gave me courage. Bless you.

20. Karen

Love this vlog!! People are noticing my weight loss and asking what I’ve been doing. I tell them and they say “I could never do that!” I know that because of my food past “I can do that!” They just haven’t suffered to the point of “seeing” this is actually the “peace” they are looking for… not just another eating plan for quick weight loss… an answer to all their struggles with food… sooooo thankful that all my struggles with food has brought me to that “realization”! So thankful that you were moved to write the Bright Line Eating book and that it was there as I was coming out of my latest food storm!!

21. Lisa

You are the best! Thank you for sharing your insights with us. A dear friend told me about your book which I devoured saying to myself yes! Yes! Yes! Again many thanks!

22. anna gersman

Hi Susan, thank you so much. I just finished the 14 day challenge and I did so well!!I kept me BLs lost 5 lbs feeling terrific. Then Passover/ Easter and broke it all. Now leaving on a cruise, feeling terrible. But, I have already signed up for boot camp for when I get back cuz I will need it, this vlog just gives me hope that my challenges are ok in fact they’re good for me, love u

We’re here for you Anna and are cheering for you!! Safe travels! <3

23. Joyce

Love this! And it’s so true – not just with food, but with life. Everyday I read my daily affirmations – one of them is “I’m grateful for the storms that have pushed me to new growth.”