Diet Day

Yesterday was January 1st, a day that might be dubbed “International Diet Day.” But what’s the relationship between setting intentions for our food and weight on January 1st and actually achieving those intentions? What steps can we take now to dramatically increase our odds of success? I’ve been thinking about this a lot, and have noted with peculiar interest that my desire to set intentions for the new year has waned. I think I’ve figured out why. Curious? Watch the vlog to hear my thoughts.

Comments

1. Stephanie

I will do none of the things you mentioned in 2019. Though I would like to be able to do a pull-up or 2 or 3.
    I resolve to resist the goodies on the counter at the Senior Center.
    Exercise and diet were the number one resolution.

2. Erin doyle

You just rock Susan.! Love your vlogs ! I’ve read the book. I do all the free stuff like the webinars. Listened at work. They were great. I’m doing my own experimental Paleo & have lost 6 lbs in the last week. I guess my bright lines are what I eat. Not really how much or how often. That kind of takes care of itself. Love AIR. And learning the juice is in the goal setting not the goal reaching. I think that’s very valuable to know. I’m a forever fan. Thank you a million.

3. Nancy

Susan, I have so enjoyed and benefitted from your insights. I developed my own checklist to focus on my health habits including rating my three my most significant contacts each day. What a great idea! Than you! You are precious.

Thank you for your sweet comment, Nancy! Sounds like you’re off to a terrific start. Happy New Year! <3

4. Donna Wolfe

I really connected with the identity comments, it made so much sense! Now I need to do some thinking about this. The other thought that occurred to me as you spoke Susan was “if it isn’t broken, why fix it?” When you spoke about the fact that you had no real desire to set intentions that’s what I thought because you like yourself woman! And that is such an accomplishment 🙂

5. Laura Maxwell

Susan I am so on board with “identity” being the focal point, and the anchor, for achieving our desires and progressing in life. Thank you for saying it so well!

6. Kim

That was BANG on! Today looking at social media I kept thinking oh thank Goodness I’m doing BLE! Cause my focus is working on me and Identity NOT all the other stuff!

7. Angélica

Susan, I am not signing in for your program because I am in track with who I am in my body and with my health habits, including food, exercise, sleep, meditation and relationships. I just love to hear you talk. You inspire me a lot and I get fed by what you say. That is the reason I sign up to listen to any of your free videos. You truly help me to be who I want to be with the information you share in general. Thank you so much for who you are and for your generous teaching videos.

Wonderful to hear you are strong in your habits and identity Angelica! Happy New Year! We are so happy to have you in the BLE tribe! <3

8. Ann Guild

Thankyou Susan you are so right about new year resolutions and outcomes….I love the idea of identity…I can deal more with that…you are an inspiration on our bright line journeys. I love it that you are so human and so like the rest of us!! Much love in this new year!!

9. cynthia

I so deeply appreciate what you have to say here, Susan. I felt no compulsion to set new year’s resolutions this year (or really any year) and the distinction between identity and outcomes feels so completely right on. Thank you as always.

10. Julia

I absolutely love this Susan thank you. Yes – I will consider my new emerging BL identity as a precious thing to hone.

11. Nili Marcia

Susan, I love how you make no person wrong; how we do something is how we do it and it’s just a question of how is that serving you. This is such a magnificent lesson for us all!
    For this year I have only the intention to maintain my bright lines and creative pursuits, to solidify my identity as a person who does bright line eating and to be guided by my word of the year: “Connected.”

All the best to you in 2019, Nili, as you are guided by connection! <3

12. Nancy

Identity versus intentions. . .very clearly articulated by you in this vlog. Thanks for your message. Clearly, my identity is strong, my habits in place and I understand now why I haven’t had any need to make New Years Resolutions for the past five years or so. . .

13. .

Susan you are inspirational ! Thank you once again for another groundbreaking vLog.
    I don’t manage to do all the things i should be doing but your vLogs inspire me to keep trying.

14. Renee Brown

I just started the 14 day challenge and would like to keep going. What do I need to register for so I dont miss out or sm I already in?

1. marianne sell

Renee, if I remember my 14 day challenge, at the end of the 14 days they send you an invite to join the Boot Camp, which is 8 weeks long and costs $500. They will, I think, give you credit for your $30 you spent on the 14 day challenge

Hi Renee! Today is the last day to join Boot Camp with the added bonuses! You can head here to sign up and then you can start at the end of your 14-day Challenge. http://ble.life/p700.

15. Helen Spingola

You are the best, Babe. Don’t ever leave us. GOD knows WE won’t ever leave YOU! You are my best Holiday Gift!

16. Kathy Woofter

Susan, you are such an inspiration to me and many others. Thank you for your honesty and openness and for bringing us BLE. YOU are a Bright Line!
    Love and hugs,

17. Margaret Rose

Thank you Susan. You make it so clear. With BLE I achieved a goal a year ago, of losing all weight gained since starting on insulin. One year on I’m still there, but now I’m ( nearly) ready to BE somebody who does BLE and make more progress. But I haven’t felt the pressure of starting on Jan 1st….just getting everything in place first. Your Vlog was really helpful…..it’s not really about ‘doing’ but about ‘being’ ..
    ( please note my new e mail address below…….no longer btinternet.com thank you)

Hi Margaret, We aren’t able to update your email address from here. Please feel free to reach out to our support team by heading to support.brightlineeating.com for assistance with that. 😉

18. Juno

Six months crystal vaser tomorrow and over 50 pounds gone–I feel to need to make any resolutions, as I’m already living it. Totally relate to this vlog–thank you again for BLE!!

19. Annie

This is very interesting. Can you provide the location for a example of the nightly check list that you go thru. God Bless. I’m so happy to start bright line eating program. Thank you, Annie

There’s a nightly checklist available in the Boot Camp materials, Annie. You can also craft your own to include your commitments to yourself to include what’s important to you! <3

20. Basha

whaat is the nightly checklist?

Hi Basha! The nightly checklist is a document you go through each night to take inventory of how your day went and to track whether or not you did all your “things.” 😉

21. Abdul sattar

i love you and interested for marred

22. Jo

I LOVE that you talked about changing the “goals” statements from seeing an outcome to focus on the “being”. I am a runner vs. I will run a marathon. It takes baby steps away from failing and helps me feel like I’m failing forward

23. Dee Malbs

Dear Susan, this was a really helpful video for me, thank you! Funny, I have started making this change without being able to really describe it, but now I can! Thank you for that. I just started BC and I had written some notes to myself in the front of my notebook to read each day as part of my morning routine, and the very first one is ‘who do you want to be? Do you want to continue to be someone who is embarrassed by her weight, her food choices, who hides it when she sneaks sweets, who just never quite gets it together and gets to a weight she feels good about, who is therefore constantly apologetic for her very presence in the world, or do you want to be someone who is FULLY the person she wants to be? (Because I feel pretty good about who I am except in this area). Do you want to be someone who is proud of herself not really just because of her weight, but because she knows she is treating her body right, is making good and healthy choices, living a lifestyle she feels good about…’ and this has been really helpful for me to read each morning, but I did not quite understand that this is the beginning of a change from an outcome mentality (‘I want to lose 30 pounds’) to an identity orientation. Thank you so much for giving me that way of seeing things! I like also that you point out that they are not mutually exclusive, but that if you want a certain outcome, you are best served by developing an identity that will sustain you, and then figuring out the behaviours you need to develop.