Out on a Limb

In the spirit of giving that accompanies the holidays, this week’s vlog is a little different. The topic is very near and dear to me, so I hope you’ll watch with an open heart.

Step 1:

Click the button below to donate now.

I WANT TO CONTRIBUTE!

Step 2:

After you’ve made your donation, click the button below to sign Linden’s card.

I’M READY TO SIGN THE CARD

Follow Susan on Twitter!

Like Susan’s Facebook Page!

Comments

1. Marta Brodsky

You are awesome, Susan.

1. Betsey Johnson

Susan PT…. it is very upsetting to read these rude and inappropriate comments at the beginning of this card. And more importantly, Linden doesn’t need to read this. Please remove them and let the love and support shine through….. not this negative garbage… thank you….

1. Betsey Johnson

I meant for this to be on the post below…. 🙁

2. Ronna Berezin

Your request of money from your fans is way out of line in my opinion and I think if you are so loving and generous of heart you need to support the children at St. Jude’s who are in far worse shape and danger than anything you herin described,

1. Fiona

“Fans?”

2. Harold Gretzky

Maybe it is out of line. However, that is SPT’s right to make per pitch. There are billions of needy and a million NGO’s that help them. I am glad that you chose to answer the countless St. Jude mailings and help those children.

1. Tracey-Anne

I agree with Dave, Joseph and Bonnie. I would LOVE to contibute but am not in a position to right now.
        I pray the unnecessary and thoughtless comments do nothing to outweigh this expression of love.

1. Kim

As with all of you I am not working right now so am unable to contribute. I don’t think it was wrong to ask, I think it was a beautiful thing. I will pray as well. Susan thank you and her for sharing such a personal thing.

3. Lee Hiscock

I agree with Ronna and Jo Ann.

4. H Anderson

to help someone… geezzzz!

5. Stacy B

I am sorry Ronna but you’re way out of line. Perhaps you might wish to take time this Thanksgiving to figure out why you are so judgmental and obtuse. One thing that makes this world so wonderful is doing things for those you love. You don’t have to donate, but who are you to judge anyone about anything? The biggest problem today is someone telling someone else they “should” do something else because they think they know better – “should” is one of the most chauvinistic words in the English language.

6. Valerie Wensel

Since when did doing something nice for someone get disqualified because it’s not the biggest need! We wouldn’t give birthday giifts or Christmas gifts or do anything kind because there would always be someone else more deserving. You might think Susan is out of line but this morning I think you are out of line. You are acting like she’s charging your credit card without your consent… This is a voluntary contribution to someone who has helped hundreds of people… Lots of folks will be thrilled to donate … She might even start a chain interaction of giving to other worthy causes… You seem quite short sighted…

7. Gail

Your opinion ,but a pretty harsh one.. Help comes in different forms , I have a son who Survived cancer at 18 and is now 40 and lost his leg. He had many different forms of help and what a blessing . Ins doesn’t even now touch what a prosthesis cost and he suffers with a leg that can’t be built to his comfort. I understand what this does to a person over the years. It’s great also that so many have help at St. Jude’s. Children are precious but so are adults. And we all have a choice to help or not.

8. Jeannie Greutert

Wow Ronna! I hope that you are never in need of assistance.

9. Leoni Harbottle

Really…. ? no place for negativity…. just ignore the request if you don’t support it. There’s enough animosity in the world so let kindness and compassion guide our actions… you don’t have to give if you don’t want to. I didn’t consider it “out of line”. Obviously, judging by the numbers…. many don’t consider it out of line either. And I’m sure many of these donors do support St. Jude’s… and other charities….

3. Michelle Martin

There are many people with more critical conditions, more immediate needs, more dire situations. But BLE is very much a family for many, many people. And families take care of each other, even when there are greater needs in the world. Susan, thank you for establishing BLE as a loving, supporting, accepting family from the very beginning. And Linden, thank you for all your work in magnifying this atmosphere within BLE. I pray this happens for you as quickly as possible and that it fulfills your heart even more than expected.

1. Ann Southcombe

I think this is great to help someone in the BLE family. Of course there many people and animal causes out there and everyone has their “heart” causes. But many don’t have a personal connection, this does. AND it is a choice, you can give or not. I don’t feel it is inappropriate at all.

4. jo ann

Susan, I know you mean well but I agree with Ronna who says asking for money from your group is not appreciated or appropriate.

1. Stacy B

You, as is Ronna, are inappropriate for saying a fundraiser is inappropriate. If you don’t want to donate, then please, don’t.

5. Carol

Yep another Miracle.!

6. Karen W

HI Susan, What a beautiful thing to do for her. I loved hearing the story. This is what life’s about. I think you will exceed the goal 🙂

7. Carla

Susan, Thanks so much for trusting your heart and creating this fundraiser for Linden. You are both beyond precious.

8. Christine

Amazing, I know how a disability affects people so much. Our granddaughter has cerebral palsy and through the generosity of many, she was able to fly to St Louis, from New Zealand, for SDR surgery, she is now walking with walking sticks and flat feet, amazing. God bless you Susan and the team and may God open up the way for this to happen for Linden

9. Steve

I agree with the others that this should not be a forum for raising money. I empathize, but this is not appropriate here. I feel indebted to Susan for setting me on a good path, but also feel that you sometimes go for the money grab. ( Irealize that this is to help someone) The positive psychology class, the strict time limit on joining bright-lifers, the multilevel links to other products and services you think would help, etc. I feel bad for Linden, but again, this is not the right forum to raise the dough. Just my opinion, but it IS off putting

10. Dave

So, the comments are interesting! Since I seem to be the only “guy” leaving a comment, I know you would probably prefer I kept my “opinion” to myself, but I’m going to be a typical man and give my opinion anyway. Don’t like the cause? DON’T DONATE! Reality check, this is Susan’s program. She has the “guts to go out on a limb”, and yet many of you immediately start sawing off the limb. For those who need to find an issue with every issue, I’m sorry for your pain. From the rest of us, we love you Linden! (You too Susan 😉

1. Charlotte

Right on, Dave!!!

2. Amy

Hi Dave: do you really feel like you aren’t welcome here? I hate that for all of us because I think we do need more men involved; BLE is for all of us just not the ladies and we need your perspectives.

3. Melinda Mahmud

Love!

4. Lois Bergman

Good points, Dave. People will respond from every point of view. I think that SPT and Linden as well as a few others in the BLE core group have set the tone for support that has helped us get to where we are today. I want them to know I appreciate them. I think Susan did go out on a limb and I hail her for her right to do so. Don’t like it? Don’t donate.
      I find myself in a position to ask, for those who aren’t able to donate $100 and for who even $50 would be a big crunch to ask, how about those of us who want to give, but don’t have a lot of extra discretionary funds? Can we donate, too? I applaud the BLE movement, the positive psychology and all of Susan’s other projects.

5. Kathy

Thank you! Dave! Well said …

6. Francie Epperson

Thank you thank you thank you! I’m not a guy – but I am in complete agreement with your comment!

7. Mary

I agree! I love that Susan did this, and I love that so many are responding to this request to support Linden as she has supported so many. If you don’t like it, as Dave said, don’t give. But Susan has a right to do any damn thing she pleases on her blog and in her own company.

8. Stacy B

Second that Dave! ☺

9. Dave

To: Charlotte, Amy, Melinda, Lois, Kathy, Francie, Mary, and Stacy.

I’m overwhelmed and humbled by your support and intestinal fortitude! After retiring from 30 years of investigating severe child abuse and homicide cases, I have seen the worst of humanity! And yet, there remains a glimmer of hope in my soul as I see ordinary people who are willing to give their all to perform extraordinary acts of kindness. Susan has started something extraordinary and each of you have caught this vision. My job always required me to establish motive, but for the rest of my life, I intend to put motive on the back burner and encourage those ordinary people with the heart to do something extraordinary. Each of your words of encouragement have meant more to me than you will ever know! My grandmother always taught me, “if you continue to show random acts of kindness, you will never forget where you came from”. At the risk of sounding hip, YOU GO GIRLS!

10. Quinn

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Thank you! Either donate or don’t! No opinions required!!

11. Nancy

Awesome idea to help Linden!

12. Monica Dean

My heart breaks that financial constraints keep me from giving what you ask for. At times, and in situations like this I hate not having money. I will keep Linden in my thoughts and prayers. I truly hope that others can do what I cannot. Bless you for being her good friend, and having the courage to ask for help.

1. Mary

Oh Monica, don’t think your thoughts and prayers aren’t valuable and worthwhile. They are! Bless you!

13. Michelle

I think it would make sense for Bright Line Eating Solutions to offer a match to contributions donated by the community.

1. Michelle

Just some context about where that thought came from. I’ve invested $2000 into the BLE program over the past 2 years. Knowing the company was doing its part to help such a valued member of the team seems important and relevant.

2. Dianna

Great idea!

14. Doraine

Mother Theresa said something to the effect that if you do good you may be criticized, “do good anyway.” I say, if you want to give to support Linden, then do so. If you want to give to a different charity, do so. I want to give a smaller amount than $100, don’t need to sign the card…..is there a place where I may donate?

1. Charlotte

For those of us who feel we can contribute, but a smaller amount, Doraine’s questions is a good one. Is there a place where we may donate?

2. Carla

If you click on the donate button it will let you select any amount.

3. Amy

if you go to the donation page, you get to pick your donation amount!

4. Stacy B

Yes, click the link. You can change the donation amount. And there is no reason not to sign the card 😉

15. Terez

Although I feel similarly about things such as the time limit on joining Lifers and on the multilevel links to other products and services (really dislike those) this feels different to me. I think it only feels inappropriate to someone who doesn’t know Linden and who feels they’re being asked to contribute. That isn’t what I hear Susan asking.

I’m a relatively recent Bright Lifer who hasn’t interacted with Linden, so I don’t feel like I know her. But there are others in the community whom I’ve come to know, and if it were one of them I would be willing to pitch in. So I can easily imagine that those who have been supported in their journey by Linden AND who have the means to contribute will be glad to know about the situation and glad to help out.

With the size of the community, I think the goal will be reached quite quickly.

16. Monica Torregrosa

Dear Susan, I was so moved by Linden’s story and how sad that she hides her hand. I fully support the fund raising request and I am shocked at the comments about not being appropriate etc. Of course everyone has their own opinion, but I would feel ashamed to write something so negative. I have donated straight away because in my opinion Linden absolutely deserves it.

17. Julie

Bringing light to someone’s life is a beautiful thing. I do believe that’s one of the reasons we’re here. In the words of my all time fave musician, Todd Rundgren , “Light of the world shine on me, love is the answer”. I remember when I was first diagnosed with cancer a little over a year ago and some amazing people from another part of my life ( my Todd family) got together to help me with medical costs. The group had nothing to do with health or helping but that’s what happened for me. One of my friends said, “We are Rundgren Nation and we take care of our own”. I would love to contribute and am wondering if you’ll take any dollar amount or must it be $100.00?

1. Carla

The contribution link will let you enter any amount

1. Eva

Thank you for saying that you can contribute any amount! In the season of “thankfulness and gratitude” I’m sure any amount that you can contribute would be appreciated! I’m on disability and don’t have a lot of extra money but would like to contribute what I can. Linden is a very special person!!

1. Carla

Sounds like you are, too. Thanks Eva

1. Eva

Thank Carla! 🙂

18. Nicola

I think the question is fine – the vlog is not the best place to raise it. But ok. What disturbs me most is the 100 Dollars setting. Why not let everyone give as much she/he wants?

1. Kelly

Once you click on the button to donate you can enter any amount you like <3

19. LJ

Linden is a tremendously supportive and loving person — it shines through in the coaching calls! I guess what I’m wondering is why Susan, who has been making serious money from the bootcamps and the sale of books, isn’t contributing a chunk of this. It’s fine to come to us, I have no issue with that, but she has been making quite a bit of money from her various projects and I’m unclear why she isn’t making a significant donation. I don’t think it’s inappropriate for her to ask but I do think it’s strange considering how much money BLE is making these days.

1. Joseph

LJ,
      What information do you have concerning Susan’s earnings? You see BLE’s exponential growth but none of its cost? All you see is money in, and even that’s a scant vision, but nothing on money out.
      Joseph in Missoula

1. Dave

Joseph, great questions and insight! You should have been a cop! Great to see another guy bring some reality to the picture.

2. Sheila Wingate

I totally agree that Susan probably is in a better financial condition than most of us. Perhaps she is contributing…….

20. Kelly

Love this vlog. Linden exudes warmth, love, and kindness and I am so happy for her to be involved in this project. Thank you for this opportunity to donate on Linden’s behalf <3

21. Linda Pickthorne

I could not contribute fast enough! I am so honored to be able to repay a small part of the love Linden and Susan have shown to me through the BLE community. I grew up with broken front teeth and understand that experience personally. Love to you, Linden and Susan!!

22. Joseph

You’re amazing Linden! Contributing to this is an opportunity I just can’t pass up!
    Joseph in Missoula

23. Brenda

Linden is a wonderful person and I would be honored to contribute. What sickens me is that Susan, while making millions and millions on BLE and all of us, would not have (quietly) covered this expense for her dear friend and employee.

1. Chris

As a dear friend of Susan’s I’m stunned that anyone would think Susan is taking millions from her tribe and laughing all the way to the bank. Susan works extremely hard, to the bone, to make BLE better and better in order to serve BLE’s clients in the absolute best way possible. She employs 27 people and treats them so well (living wages PLUS full benefits) and strives with every part of her being to make it the best place in the world to work. Creating and maintaining programs (programs, by the way, that are 87% more effective than any other like them and are literally saving and changing lives), conducting research, as well as providing 27 people with the best benefits and living wages requires a huge investment. Her so called “millions” go back into the business to give loving and supportive care to BLE’s clients and team members. She hasn’t even paid off her car, student loans, has put up her house to support the business, etc., just so she can ensure that the BLE tribe and team members get a better experience than they had the day before. How dare anyone make assumptions and say that Susan’s actions sicken them without knowing her or how she invests the money that comes in from this heart-centered business.

1. Stacy B

Chris, I wholeheartedly agree with you. I am so thankful for Susan and the BLE team. Saddens me that there are people who are never happy and are so quick on the trigger to judge someone else. It’s easier for some to express their displeasure than to find the joy in life.
        In fact, I am pretty sure those passing judgment live in glass houses and will reflect on their ugliness the next time they buy that wrapping paper from a child’s school fundraiser, or peanuts from that Boyscout Troop or those Thin Mints from the Girl Scouts. Perhaps they will encounter someone who says to them what they said here to Susan. Blessings and Happy Thanksgiving to you.

1. Brenda

Chris and Stacy B: you are absolutely right, thanks for setting me straight. I hope Susan can forgive me. I obviously need to make some changes in my thinking and in my life. Thank you. Thank you.

1. Nadia

Brenda, your response here is astonishing to me – that took a lot of grace and selflessness to say. Hugs to you – my first reaction was very similar to your original comment, and I do feel differently with the context others have provided.

2. Cynthia Holland

Oh, Brenda. You went with your knee jerk reaction at first. But look at your graciousness in reconsidering. This is what makes this community so different from any I’ve been a part of.:)

24. REBECCA STARK

I’M VERY HAPPY TO SUPPORT LINDEN ON HER QUEST.
    SHE’S ALWAYS BEEN SO SUPPORTIVE & KIND TO ME IN OUR BLE HOUSE.
    KIND WORDS DO INDEED MATTER & ARE EXTREMELY HELPFUL, ESPECIALLY WHEN ONE IS STRUGGLING.
    SO THANK YOU SUSAN FOR GIVING ME AN OPPORTUNITY TO GIVE BACK TO SOMEONE THAT DID NOT KNOW ME FROM ADAM BUT WAS ALWAYS KIND & SUPPORTIVE NONETHELESS.
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL & MAY EVERYONE FILL THEIR HEARTS WITH THANKFULNESS & LOVE.
    REBECCA STARK
    AKA
    GRANNY

25. Bonnie Mac Rae

I’m going to weigh in on this, I don’t usually even post as I am usually very busy working. A number of years ago I spent awhile being a professional fundraiser.
    Hard job, full of rejection and sometimes hateful people. Its not easy to have people slam the door in your face. However I believed in the cause I was working for and did my very best. I was reasonably successful. I want to commend Susan for stepping up for a cause she believes in and doing something about it. She very carefully asked those who could afford it to consider donating. There was no demanding tone only that of a caring friend. I cannot at this time afford $100.00. But I am donating what I can afford. I whole heartily agree with Dave don’t donate if you don’t like it. No one asked for your opinion just for your help. Cheers to Susan and to Linden, I’m glad to see such good friends looking out for each other. As far as Susan making millions and millions, it is very expensive to run a large company, quite frequently the owner doesn’t even get to take a paycheck for the first 5 years. My two cents………

26. Josie

I feel for Linden. I don’t have any obvious physical differences to other people, but I’ve experienced what that’s like. I had a Bell’s Palsy in late pregnancy and my face completely dropped on one side for almost 6 weeks. The experience gave me an insight into how it feels to look different from others and the anxiety that comes with it. I was lucky and got over the palsy. I can understand why having a beautiful prosthetic made could make Linden feel differently about herself.
    As for the fundraising, people crowdsource and fundraise for all sorts of things. If members of the BLE community want to say thank you by donating to this fund then that’s surely OK? Susan is trying to help her friend. It’s shame to feel we need to judge her for that.

27. Rina

Why not fundraise by selling or auctioning of her art work ????

1. Cynthia Holland

She specializes in commissioned work of loved ones who have moved on. Would you feel more comfortable purchasing a work than donating outright? If so, I think that would be welcomed to. Such a sweet idea:)

28. Diana Hayes

Susan: I’m on week four of Bright Line Eating and ive never in my 57 years EVER felt so empowered and moved by you and this program!!! I am so thrilled that Mrs. D who Goes Without recommended BLE and i followed her lead!! You are truly inspirational. Thank you thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

29. Regina

Bless your heart, dear Lyndon and Susan, that is wonderful news and I wish Lyndon much success and joy. I would have been happy to contribute to this but would have preferred the option of a more modest sum.

1. Eva

There are options to donate whatever amount you can afford to do on the donation page!

30. dianna morris blakley

Happy to be able to help with your quest Susan

31. Lynda Hahn

I love you Linden Morris Delrio 💖
    I’d give you the shirt off my back.
    But instead I’ll give you my $100.
    xoxoxox

32. Bernhard

In my opinion we should take care of the care-takers in our community, they would wear out otherwise. Thank you , Linden, for your full-hearted support, and thank you, Susan, for having he courage to stand up for her.

33. Patti Shultis

It is always okay to go out on a limb – that is the magic place in life… Bless you Linden and all the very best for you on this journey – I am not able to send $100 but my love and best wishes <3

34. Greg

A view from the outside. I am not a member of BLE but I have recently come across Susan’s videos and programs.
    Is there anything wrong with asking for help for a friend? When people have a forum and are visible, then they have the opportunity to use it for good causes; some say an obligation to use it for good causes. Of course there are people with greater “difficulties” than Linden; though it’s difficult to judge other’s difficulties. But not to do be able to do everything is not an excuse for doing nothing.
    I want to point out that Susan is merely asking. She is not using any unfair leverage over the members of her community. To those that hypothesize about the funds of the Company or Susan, what does that have to do with it? Also, do any of those who object know what the financial situation of Susan or her company is or what Susan does on her own? Does it matter? I think this is a wonderful thing to do for a friend or for any person in need. Were I in need, I’d love to have such a friend as Susan. (Even if I weren’t in need.)
    Susan’s efforts to help Linden is also a good example of what can be accomplished if people act collectively. I commend her.

35. KC

It is hilarious that people think a) they know anything at all about Susan’s financial situation and b) she has “millions” of dollars. Both are far reaching assumptions. If you don’t want to contribute or can’t it’s OK! Really! You don’t need to make up hurtful scenarios to offset your discomfort about hearing the request for a donation. You’re not a bad person for not giving and Susan is not a bad person for asking. End of story.

36. Karen

Amazing group of givers! Just a few hours and already more than 1/2 way there! Your new hand is coming Linden!

37. Rebecca

Im so curious how all the negative, judgemental people who have commented above feel right now? Do you all feel good about yourselves? Will your bright lines stay bright or wkll you use this as an excuse to say to yourselves bab humbug this BLE is all about the money and give up? It’s not like you had to comment at alll…
    I suppose you all have a problem with celebreties who use their voices for causes too.
    I would imagine those bitter words would .leave a very bad taste in your mouths huh?

38. Kristi

I have no idea who Linden is, or what she does for the people in the BLE tribe. What I do know is that as a morbidly obese woman I have successfully lost weight and began the journey of food freedom for the first time in a very long time, maybe ever. I owe that success to everyone who put in the man hours and sacrifices to get BLE to the place where I happened to stumble across it on the World Wide Web one night while elbow deep in cookie dough.
    I can’t even imagine the torture of missing fingers. But I do know, as many of us do, the pain and suffering of living in a body that we know isn’t our own, of being the fattest person in the room, and the shame of hiding everything we can from the world. Linden’s pockets she used to hide her hand from friends is our glove box full of fast food bags we prayed didn’t get found, our trash bags we took out so our coworkers wouldn’t see how many candy bar wrappers were in there. The difference is– Linden doesn’t have the choice to follow her bright lines this time and end her pain.
    I don’t have $100, but I have, or should I say had, $10 and it’s headed straight to ya! Because if $500,000 had the power to make me slender in a snap, well, I can’t say I wouldn’t consider robbing a bank –thought about doing it for boot camp money, which would be bad because I might not outrun an 80 year old with a cane and they only have white bread in prison.
    To end this long post, I’d just like to say that in this time of thanksgiving I’m thankful for my bright lines. I’m thankful for everyone over at the BLE team, including Linden, who may have quite literally saved many of our lives. If we can give back in some small way like this then I believe that’s what’s best about humanity.

1. Karen

You are lovely Kristi, inside and out 🙂 I had an old friend that had a deformed hand and was missing fingers, and that hand was always in his pocket. I can’t imagine that either. Bless you sister!

2. Deb

So beautifully written Kristi and so glad for your success in BLE and your heart ❤️.

3. Emily Neblock

Yes, Kristi! Thank you.

39. Sathyaprakash

Greetings of day

40. Jeanne

WOW, there are a lot of opinions here and some very honest. the bottom line for me is that I barely can afford to take this boot camp and finances are not going to let me even consider giving a money donation, but prayer is something I can do and that spiritual connection is very very powerful . I almost called to cancel this and in reality – should have. My hope is that this will be wroth it.’ Blessing and healing to your friend.

1. Cynthia Holland

It will be so worth it. I’m excited for you. Signed a broke person who paid for Boot Camp and now Bright Lifers anyway. I’m down 40 pounds since May and only 10 pounds from goal weight. But the peace I have is priceless.

41. Jennifer Hazelton

So happy to see that the supportive posts here outnumber the negative ones. Love you, Linden.💕❤️

42. Brenda Flanagin

Susan, I am so glad you did this blog to help raise the money for Linden’s new hand! You are a true friend to go “out on a limb” for her like this. I was so blessed to have met her in person at last year’s family reunion and so touched by her story. She has always been such a supportive, loving part of my journey through BLE. I feel grateful to be able to give something back for all she has given to all of us in this community. Much love to both you and Linden. 💕

43. Patricia F. Neyman

I don’t know Linden, but it looks to me like a great opportunity to pay it forward.

44. Carmen

Thank you Susan for being an authentic Servant Leader.

45. Afua

Dear Linden,
    for all the joy and good you have brought the world in your 61 years, this is a small return on my part. We give form our hearts. Stay blessed.

P.S. Where can your card be signed? I am only told to leave a comment once going onto the card page.

46. JackieSue

Dr. Susan,
    Blessing ‘n Thanksgiving Day
    Thank you for sharing more of who you are!
    Respectfully
    JackieSue

47. Judy

Love you Susan and love to Linden! Your story really touched me. Grateful for you both this Thanksgiving Day!

48. Tonya Wilson

Awesome! Is there a link for Linden’s blog? Has she created a BRIGHTLINE biz card for us to use? I would like to support her also with purches of her art…

49. Kandi Osborne

Thank you again for the opportunity to give. You have created a huge community of people who care about each other and are saving peoples lives. I find it fun to be able to help one of those lives become even better.

I am so inspired by your bravery Susan. I’m also excited to see how quickly you’ve approached this goal. I’m so excited to see Linden glow with her new artistic prosthesis..

I have a small business. I sometimes hear negative comments. Though SPT gets so much praise, it is the negative comments that tend to hit the mark and effect people the most. The above comments that are negative break my heart. Please note
    A. When you work 70+ hours a week should you not make money?
    B. You have no idea what the cost are of this business. SPT is not making as much as you think and even if she is, she’s earned it. Good for you Susan!
    C. She is saving more lives than the any single research company, doctor etc. How much do they make? At the same time she is spreading love and kindness and touching people personally. I am amazed and in awe of her.
    D. What she does or does not do with her money is none of your business.
    E. If she has something in which she believes and thinks is important, this is her platform, HERS! This is where she should promote what she believes is worthy of her attention. She can not save the world (tho she is doing more than most) but she can help a dear friend who has become a dear friend to thousands of people.
    Please know that your judging words are so damaging.

50. Jacqueline

This vlog was the most special, loving message–an appeal from the Universe. It is all about kindness and loving people forward. It isn’t about who is the neediest or most worthy. This vlog is a question from the Universe to those who have been chosen to give: Will you open your heart and give? The “test” is for the donars.

Thank you for sharing this story–there are so many layers to it. The overwhelming feeling thst I received while watching the vlog was that this woman is one of God’s chosen ones– she is truly special in God’s eyes. She accepted the challenge of living fully and completely with the body that she was given. She has shared her amazing gifts and enriched the world for being here. Her pain and struggles from living without those four fingers are over. She will get her new hand. The Universe is so proud of her soul and the life that she has lived despite the challenge–job well done!!! Go forward in peace and love and know that you are loved.

51. Emily Neblock

I’m glad to help Linden achieve her heart’s healing.
    Love, Em.

52. Kate

What a wonderful and loving thing to do Susan. Stunned during this season of gratitude and Thanksgiving that there are haters out there who feel compelled to spread their negativity. One can only hope and pray for them that despite their cynicism, criticism, negativity and judgement, that in THEIR time of need there exists a friend or two to reach out on their behalf. But to you and Linden and all of the do gooders in our world, this is the kind of news that doesn’t make the headlines. And for that we celebrate you! So grateful to all of those who spread the light…wherever they choose…it’s all about spreading the light!

53. Joyce Bickley

God bless, there is no comparison in my life but right now I have a 12 year old granddaughter who is struggling with new onset Guillain Barre Syndrome, I will commend you for what you have achieved in your life but I am unable to contribute at this timr🙏

54. Amy gross

Are you and your 23 staff making lead gifts? That’s how standard fundraising campaigns usually start. The impassioned speech is good but the action of financial support says more.

55. Marianne Marsh

Susan Peirce Thompson is one of the most fearless people I have ever known. Of course it must have been a difficult decision whether to reach out to those who follow her for Linden’s prosthesis, so I admire her fearlessness because she must have known it would not land well with everyone. I also know Susan as someone who wouldn’t do something like this unless she felt passionately that it was the right thing to do. I am so very glad she went out on this limb for dear Linden, who has helped thousands of people in their quest for a right-sized body and peace around their food. To me it is only fitting that we help her, if we can, to get some beautiful, right-sized fingers. But certainly those who cannot afford to help must take care of themselves. After all, one of the things we learn about in BLE, in addition to supporting others, is self-care. Thank you, Susan, for caring so deeply for Linden.

56. Luann

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” -Theodore Roosevelt, 1910

1. lisah

I LOVE this quote. How extraordinary would the world be if more of us dared greatly instead of pointing out other’s failings.

57. Heather

Please tell me what I am missing here…I was very touched and very excited about supporting this cause. I even considered commissioning a pice of Linden’s work if she does such things…but when I googled her I see her BLE before and after photos. I see two pictures. I think it was made very clear she has no fingers on her LEFT hand? The one photo has her clearly holding her cellphone in that hand and taking her selfie. The other photo shows what looks like to me to be a full fingered right hand as well. I’m trying to keep an open mind here…but can’t help but question what it is I am seeing…could someone explain? I am brand new to this site and have not yet signed up for any BLE program but just watched SPT’s video regarding this request and BLE for the first time yesterday. Thank you.

1. Clare

I am so sorry but I don’t have 100 in my bank account right now. I pray that you fund this project. peace and love

2. Clare

Heather what are you confused about? I was reading your post and I am not sure what you are confused about. Could you please explain. thank you,

3. Kate

Not sure what you are implying here Heather. The selfie picture that you reference appears to have been taken in a mirror as many selfies are.
      So you say she is holding the cellphone in her ‘left’ hand in that picture. But it is her right hand holding the cellphone it is just reversed in the mirror. Linden’s left hand is in her pocket in that picture…but again it is reversed in the mirror. There is no mystery here. Nothing ‘missing’.
      So if you keep an open mind you will see that this is a legitimate and honest request. And very close to her goal! Yippee!

1. Dave

Kate, I’m pleased to see there is another investigator in the group. Thank you for solving the mystery.

1. Kate

😉! Thanks Dave for your service, career and perspective! May all of the grace and peace that you brought to others come back to you 100 fold! There is so much hope and positive energy in this BLE community that I could not sleep if I left that implication hanging out there. I just happened to be the ‘someone’ to explain it! Blessings to you…and all who see the power in this…

58. Penny Dennison

I was unable to finish watching the weekly vlog for 2 days, just got around to it and I couldn’t wait to get out of the tub and grab my debit card! When I saw the task was so nearly complete I was afraid my 100 bucks wouldn’t get there in time to count! Thank you SPT, you are already my hero, and I appreciate your letting me in on this precious gift to your friend…no clue who she is, but I will follow her journey and find out! I love you, and I love BLE, and ME on BLE!♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

59. Cynthia Holland

I am so thankful for this community! Having completed both the Boot Camp and now being a part of Bright Lifers, it is a privilege that you trust us with this SPT. I’m not in a position to give at this time, but I am praying for and encouraging the effort and the outcome. This brings tears to my eyes, truly beautiful!

60. Sunshine

Amazing! Goal reached in 4 days. Susan, thank you for being real. You embody fearlessness in this request. We all need to live fearlessly. God bless you!

61. Angele

I’m so happy that the goal was reached even before I sat down to listen to your vlog. At this time I couldn’t commit to 100$ us. Being retired I have choices to make when I donate. These were filled already.
    To Linden, I wish you the best. I hope we will get to see you with your new hand before the end of 2018. I’m impressed you had the strength to open up like that when you’ve been hiding that part of you for so long.

62. Marsie Frost

Susan, you’re just the best! I love you so much and am so very grateful for you being in my life! There are not enough words to properly thank you for your brilliance!

63. Karen

I’ll keep Linden in my prayers. Unfortunately, that’s the best that I can do. Being a single mother, I can’t even afford the fee for the boot camp.

64. Lexie

Thanks you Susan for opening your heart to Linden’s plight. My younger son has fingers missing on his left hand so I know some of what Linden has been through. He doesn’t hide it at all. If people don’t like it that’s their problem. He copes very well. Prayers Gratitude and Reiki with Linden in her journey.

65. Jeri Trannett DeTillio

We love you both so much, its the least we could do to say thank you for all that you have done for us! And I mean saving our lives….literally!
    Love, Jeri DeTillio
    Adm. Brightest Rockstars (Sugar and Flour Free)

66. Brian Madigan

Susan, I just got a chance to watch this today. I cannot begin to express how grateful I am for you and this community. And what we are accomplishing together. I found so much of what I needed when I joined BLE. What I didn’t expect was to find and amazing person to model in you. I am coach and my mision in life is to help others find ways to shine. As their beautiful selves. Everything you and your team do in BLE is an inspiration to me. I feel watching you is showing me how to do business right.

Brian

67. Deborah Summers

I just saw this today. I tried to donate, but I kept getting an error message about “Your postal code is complete.” But there was no place to enter a postal code. I tried again. It still wouldn’t accept my donation. So I gave up. Maybe someone can figure out what’s wrong with the site!