Moment of Clarity

This past weekend I experienced something that marked a huge turning point for me. Watch this week’s vlog to hear all about it and how it relates to your Bright Line Eating journey.

Register for the Reunion Now!

Review the BLE Book Now!

Follow Susan on Twitter!

Like Susan’s Facebook Page!

Comments

1. Garry

Susan, you’re beautiful, smart and dedicated but WHY the eye roll and shrugs at the beginning of every vlog. It looks like the vlog is an effort and you really don’t want to be there . . . just saying.

1. Janet Krause

Thanks for sharing the video!

1. Elisabeth

I felt this way too when I first started watching Susan’s vlogs but then I realised it must be quite boring to have to say the same thing at the beginning every time to introduce yourself and I thought if it was me I’d probably end up saying it the same way too. Now to me it’s said in an ‘ hello it’s me again, let’s get this introduction out of the way quickly so we can get on to the really interesting stuff ‘ fun kind of way.

2. Pam Holt

I’ll never forget the moment an insurance agent turned to my husband and said, with sincerity, “You don’t want a motorcycle.” And he never had one after that. Good for you, Susan, and thanks for sharing your moment of clarity with us!

3. Jennifer Pearson

My moment of clarity came on October 1,2016. I was in the truck with my husband headed to a dinner party at a friend’s house. I had watched the BLE videos and had decided it was a great plan but I was going to attempt on my own. Didn’t need to pay the money for a boot camp. I had a vacation planned and knowing the boot camp was time sensitive I didn’t want to start a new “diet” till I got back. Sitting in the truck I got an email. It was from Susan stating they had decided to extend the sign up date for the boot camp. I read it and said “Damn!” My husband asked what was wrong. I told him about BLE and how I felt like God was telling me it would work. He said “Then sign-up”. I cried because I knew it would be hard but I did it and have never regretted it! 56 pounds lost and going strong! Thanks Susan!

4. tom shpall

Its in the bay, not off the coast..but beautiful

5. Rachel Burwell

LOVE this vlog. As seems often the case what you Universal truth/ principle you share a story around is delivered with perfect timing into my life. In 20 minutes you have given me what I needed in milepost markers about a moment of clarity and change. BTW resonated with what I gleaned and a prayer that speaks to my spirit. Thanks again for being a light along the path.

6. Kim

This is wonderful & reminds me a lot of the work of Dr. Joe Dispenza’s Making Your Mind Matter course. I had my moment of clarity in a Dispenza meditation several weeks before the Hay House e-mail of your book came out. During that time I knew I didn’t want to be overweight anymore but had no idea how to help myself then the email dropped. The universe sent me yr book in the perfect time. So grateful! I hope you continue to enjoy your back of the bike adventures for many years to come!

7. Brooke

Such a fabulous vlog. Thank you for sharing. I loved what you had to say about that moment of clarity. I had those many times about my addiction to sugar and was so desperate for an answer. I never gave up, kept trying what was on offer, sometimes succeeding ( but always gaining the weight back), until I met you! I don’t even remember if it was on Facebook or some other form of communication but I jumped into the 14 DC and never looked back. I do not ever want to go back to those days of grappling with sugar, and white knuckling my way through eating. You are it. You and BLE are the answer I was looking for. God bless you and all your hard work. I love your vulnerability and raw honesty. Never change. That’s what makes you so compelling and so easy to connect to. I have a journey ahead of me until I reach goal weight, as well as learning how to maintain it. How I wish I could come to San Diego for the reunion but I will be there in spirit!???

Thanks, Brooke! I know what you mean about the white knuckling your way through eating! I’m so glad you are with us! oxo

8. Josephine

Thanks do much for your honest story. I am glad
    That you connected to BLE and you are so right
    About having that clarity and knowing one’s next
    Steps after having it. It’s the start to achieving
    Your goal. I am so excited to be on my news journey
    Because I am ready to transform.

9. Lisa

Failing the test is a good thing! The Universe is calling for you to use your time and talents in a different manner, forum and way.

10. Joseph

Good idea!! I’m jumping out of my seat applauding that great decision! But really? You’d get on the back of a bike? If too much is at stake, then that remains irrespective of who drives the bike.
    Joseph in Missoula

11. LILLAN Park

This is what the Liver Tx Doc said abt bikers, especially bikers w/o helmets. ORGANS!!!! ( I’m a retired OR Nurse). ❤️❤️❤️

1. Karen A Rode

You said what I was going to. Pediatric ICU nurse , but lots of friends are emergency room nurses. We have a name for motorcycle riders, especially those without helmets. They are organ donors. Great application to BLE as well.

12. Lisa

I had to write and tell you that I had the exact same experience! In that same CC motorcycle weekend course I had the highest score on the written section and was perfecting all parts of the practice and then practical test with excellence….lol…and failed on the same section, in the same way! I also didn’t go fast enough, tried my second time and locked the wheel and spilled. Ouch. Instant fail.
    My story is that I was feeling prideful and a little too confident of my ability to ride without my husband…God had other ideas. He clearly reminded me that, like your scripture/prayer He would perfect and perform what He wanted me to perfect and perform…and this wasn’t it. Still enjoying many fun rides, from the back of the bike, but respecting my loving, cautious husband’s ability to steer. 🙂
    Great lesson, applicable in SO many ways! Thanks for sharing!

13. Mary

Yes, so very glad that you won’t be on a motorcycle anytime soon — except for riding with David.

Looking forward to seeing you again in San Diego in a month from today!

14. Kris

I like your eye rolls and shrugs…I think it excudes vulnerability and humility and a desire to connect by being real. It’s your signature move for your blog!!!

1. Jo Ann

Thank you Kris! I’m tired of people commenting about that being annoying, etc. It is her signature move and who she is! Love her just the way she is… ?❤️

15. Sylvia

Suzan I have been followers your blogs since I’ve first knew of them which I don’t know when exactly that was. But putting that behind what I wanted to say about you that I connect with is that you are real. It is very special that you are but not only that but that you nakedly share that, not talking about clothes here. I give it to you for the guts and kindness to all you reach out to. And I’m certain that you ring a chord in many peoples hearts. I guess that’s all I got but felt compelled to speak to you and anyone who reads this . All my gratitude Sylvia E.

16. Ginger palmer

You’ve changed my life. I am saying my mantra every time I get an urge to return to old habits. “That’s not my food”. So simple…so effective, …..so strong. Thank you!

17. BarbC VT

Oh my God! My moment of clarity was last Sunday during my Mastermind call, when I was offered a friend’s ticket to the Reunion. She had bought it and decided she couldn’t go, and had tried to sell it in the FB group. She wanted me to have it rather than let it go to waste. Another friend in the group was intending to pay for a single hotel room and told me she would love to have me join her. All of a sudden, going to reunion was within my reach and I heard that loud and clear! I’ve been struggling since reaching my goal weight and I need to renew my commitment to living happy, thin, and free. I bought my airline ticket today! San Diego, here I come!!! <3

18. Sheryl Allen

Wow! I can’t believe what happened to me as you told your story about Clarity. I still have goose pimples!
    Thank you so much. I will be implementing Moments of Clarity into my life.

19. Kari Hodges

I absolutely cherish your honesty and openness in sharing your experiences. You radiate hope and love and I look forward to hearing/seeing your weekly vlogs. You are an inspiration!

20. Dana

Good grief, Susan…this is my first time listening to your VLOG…my first moment of clarity – I feel like I already know you…I’m pretty sure we’ve met ( we haven’t, but still). I actually came here from the Food Revolution where I heard your interview with John Robbins – I was smitten. You smittened me 😉 Then I watched this episode and you freaking blew me away! I am nodding at you (you saw me, right?) and talking and responding (and laughing)…THIS moment of clarity, this moment of connection, this circle back around (this narrow u-turn) all makes sense and makes my destination clearer. I can see it. I can feel it. My health is worth the ride and it’s gonna be a privilege taking the wheel as I navigate the course.

21. Marilyn

For 44 years I worked as a nurse in the operating room. We referred to motorcycles as donorcycles because there were so many head and neck injuries and we would end up removing their organs for someone else as they were brain dead. I am so glad you made that decision! I am only on day 4 of the 14 day challenge and I need you! Not to mention your husband and your children. I thank God for your moment of clarity.

22. Annette Toomey

Love you to bits! Thanks so much Susan! You’re so genuine! Thank you!

23. Jeffrey in Seattle

I’ve just finished the book, and then I got your email with this video, and I was like, nope, not watching any vlog by her, no way, she’s going to tell me to give up sugar and flour and be a crazy food person, no no no. Then of course I watched it. GEEZ louise, so great! I can sorta recall moments of clarity when I stopped drinking (17 years ago) and when I stopped smoking weed (5 years ago). Well…they were either moments of clarity, or nervous breakdowns. Are they related?! Are you kinda saying it’s required to have a moment of clarity surrounding food/BLE? Can I just have a moment of SANITY? I am only a week into my exposure to BLE so I’ll keep reading and watching and praying. Thank you!

Oh Jeffrey… so glad you’re going to keep reading and watching and praying!

24. Kim

So are you saying that the time you forgot to pray that your prayers were answered in another way? What if you had prayed….? I’m confused, lol. No clarity here, ha ha 😉 Blessings 🙂

25. Arbella

Nothing centers me as far as staying focused on my new way of eating than listening
    To you talk. Thank you

26. Lisa Shurtliff

I had a moment of clarity 4 weeks into my BLE bootcamp when on a camping trip I succumbed to a Nutter Butter cookie. That cookie led to a 3 day binge of all the junk food I could find. I did a Permission to be Human action sheet and rezoomed BLE when I got home. My lines have been fairly bright since then. Sugar and flour are not for me and my brain. I realized I truly have an addiction in that moment of clarity.

27. Christine Rhodes

Yes I believe in prayer that there is power there. Am having trouble with sugar addiction and am slowing down to relinquish it and pray.

28. Jenny Ellert

Your honesty and commitment to share your vulnerabilities, so that others may benefit and learn from your experiences, are much appreciated. So thank you for this. Thinking about moments of clarity, I suddenly had a flashback to a book I read, about 20+ years ago, ‘The Tenth Insight’ by James Redfield. There is an account of someone walking down a pathway to find the route he needs to take to get to a certain place, when he comes to a fork in the road and is not sure which way to go. When he notices that the vegetation down one way, appears BRIGHTER to him, he takes this pathway, which leads him to where he is meant to go. For me, this indicates a moment of clarity, a sudden, but quiet inner certainty, that you need to proceed in a certain direction, no matter what. I guess my moment of clarity arrived when I pushed the button to sign up for bootcamp this week.

29. Lyn Morris

I look forward to your blogs Susan. You always help me when I need it,

30. Nicola Algar

This really resonates with me – I have had several moments of clarity during my life and when I took immediate action my life did take a different path, I always called it my sixth sense. One of these moments was when I first heard of you from Hayhouse and I knew this was the path for me to take, a new wonderful direction in my life. Thank you. But Ive got to tell you that another one was over a decade ago when out riding my sports motor bike I got an overwhelming sense that I should stop. No idea why as nothing happened to make me feel that way. But when I got home I advertised the bike and sold it shortly after. Now Im an adrenaline bunji jumping \skydiving \flying kind of girl so this was odd…. But I understand that moment of clarity and listening to your inner voice – and following it. Thanks for reminding me……

31. Lorca

What an Inspirational vlog. I travel pretty much everywhere on the back of my partner’s motorbike and love it. I had always loved motorbikes but was scared of them but then started travelling on them when I was in my late 50’s – the first year I was scared but now I love it. You blew my mind when you spoke about Joel as I have been into his Teachings for over 35 years!

32. Julie

Wow! A moment of clarity for me happened in the last minute of your vlog. The story was crucial to the understanding but your statement actually defining the moment of clarity and what to do with it is golden! Thank you for your sincerity in sharing your story and knowledge with us. This really explains how to work past the demons of addiction.

33. Craig

Hi Susan,
    I’ve been following your BLE vlogs for some time now and truly love your ability to speak from the heart and to explain clearly what’s truly underlying our culture’s unhealthy relationship with food.
    My inspiration for responding today is your Moment of Clarity story around motorcycling. Being a rider myself, I was delighted to learn of your personal history with bikes going back to your conception! Riding bikes is something my wife and I having been doing for a long time and it is one of our great joys in life. She started on the back of my bike (an old BMW), but eventually decided she wanted to be on her own bike.
    As you were telling your story I was anticipating your eventual success of returning to riding a bike of your own, knowing what riding can add to your spirit. I do respect and appreciate how your Moment of Clarity changed the ending of the story and hope that you and your husband will be able to share the joy of riding together on his bike!

34. Michele

Just changing my breakfast to the Bright Line Eating plan helped me drop 7 pounds. Doing the 14-day course in mid-May.

35. Dawn Kobernik

Susan, I have enjoyed your speaking very much but i have some questions. I had a gastric bypass in 2002, Ihavetryed to eat the volume you suggest nut even half of it hurts mt stomach. Will this still work for me if i cut everything in half. The next item is you tell us all these wonderful things that we would get to help us on this plan but the price is just impossible for me to pay. Isn’t there some way for someone in my situation to gain these beifits also with out having come up with so much money?

Hi Dawn… first, I just want to let you know that we have many people in Bright Line Eating programs who had gastric bypass surgery before and we are good at helping them figure out a food plan that works for them. We’d love to have you and to help you, too. I do understand about the cost and I so wish there were a way to give the kind of support and high quality modules in the Boot Camp to anyone in the world who wants and needs it!

Unfortunately, creating all this and getting the word out requires a huge staff who need to be paid. However, we do have the 14-Day Challenge to give people a “taste” of the Bright Line Eating experience, and that 14-Day Challenge is super packed and also super affordable ($29!)… if you are interested, you can find it under the “Getting Started” tab on our website.

Much love to you.. oxo

36. Amy

I wish I could come to the reunion, it sounds fantastic! But I just bought a house and I am cash poor and even if I could swing the money, I don’t have a lot of vacation time to take off from work right now. I hope that you will record your presentations and offer them to people who can’t be there.

Hi Amy… stay tuned, as we’ll soon make an announcement that might make you very happy! oxo

37. Catrionap

Hi Susan, my moment of clarity came yesterday. I’ve had some pretty serious health issues lately, although 2 were surgeries, the one I hated the most was my inability to stick to my bright lines. I have both your kindle version and the hard copy of your book. Yesterday I had a colonoscopy and it was discovered that I have diverticulosis.. although I don’t think it’s life threatening it answered many of my digestive ailments, nausea, dizziness etc., and my inability to lose weight. Although I’ve been advised to watch my quantities, of vegetables and reduce my meat, poultry included,and where possible cleanse my system once a month, with broths, green juices- homemade only, and tons of water, for 3 days. Having my diagnosis, has now committed me 100% to BLE. Thank you so much for all your helpful advice, blogs etc. Maybe some of your tribe would be interested in how this disease, undiagnosed can affect the struggle to lose weight.

38. Karen Wilt

I don’t know what your spiritual life is, but your vlog today spoke to me because of the scripture and prayers you did with the motorcycle test. I’m a christian and my 1st moment of clarity was dramatic, like yours, but I gave my heart to Jesus and He delivered me from alcohol, drugs, and smoking 3-4 packs of cigs a day, plus an ounce of pot a week. My other moment of clarity with my eating happened the last couple days with the Food Revolution webinars I’ve been listening to (yours in particular). My action was throwing sugar products out of my fridge and cupboards and I’m now in the process of developing my story about it. That happened before I saw this vlog, lol. God is good. I want to thank you for your intellect in learning this stuff for us, and being the tool God’s using in my life to heal my brain and my body. I believe this is the last step to final healing for me. And thanks for the courage to use scripture in your vlog…I almost turned it off till you did that.

39. Amy Halberg

Susan
    Great vlog!!! Loved it. It’s so relatable. My moment came the first time
    I heard you explain the bright lines. I have not had sugar or flour from that moment
    Something clicked. My life is different. It’s like the light has been turned on!
    Down 12 lbs in two weeks but ABSOLUTELY best of all is the freedom from
    My food addiction!!! With Gods grace I am never going back to that awful awful
    Place! Much love Amy

40. Patty

Susan you should explore the Can-Am Spyder. I rode 3 wheels for years and we changed to 3 after a series of hand surgeries left me weaker on my right for a while. Safer. But just as fun. I also went through the MC safety class on my Yamaha V-Star 650. Did well and have t looked back. But my kids are grown…

41. Marion

My moment of clarity about food came when I did your food freedom quiz. I did not want to give up sweets, I just wanted to have self-control when I ate them. I looked at my score and knew the truth. It isn’t going to happen. I can avoid sugar and flour or I can eat them compulsively after having “just a little”. There really is no middle ground for me.

That’s a very difficult truth to come to, Marion. Some grieving may be in order and is a part of our Boot Camp. However, there really is happiness on the other side of the sugar compulsion/addiction. Good for you! oxo

42. Peggy

Susan, This is my first comment on one of your vlogs. Loved the motorcycle story. My eldest son used to ride. Had never had an accident until he did in 2012. It wasn’t his fault. He was seriously injured and was so very lucky that he was not killed. He is married an at the time had 3 daughters and his wife was expecting their first son. I gues you could say he had a moment of clarity that day. He will never own or ride a bike again. He has too much to live for and so many who need and love him. I am on day 4 of the boot camp and my moment of clarity was after I watched your 3 free videos. I knew that this is the journey I need to be on. I’m almost finished with your book. And my husband is doing this with me and supports me 100%. Thank you so much!

43. Marsha Slivka

Susan, your moment of clarity with this motorcycle experience was so very helpful. I am ticking off all the boxes exactly with the same responses as you did. My dream has always been getting my license but your moment of clarity for that was so helpful. My children, my grandchildren and I say thanks.

44. Paula Want

I had a similar moment of clarity when during that motorcycle test, I dropped the bike and broke my wrist. Though the wrist healed, my desire and my “divine message” was to not go back and do a re-do. You are wonderful Susan.

45. sharon billo

Susan you are one fantastic person I enjoy listening to you immensely however I have not had that Moment of clarity yet and it’s really hard for me to change my eating habits I just don’t know how to start. Hopefully the more I listen to your blogs it will give me the strength to get away from pasta and bread I’m not a big sugar either but I do love my carbs!<

Hi Sharon… I feel ya! Sometimes what we need to do is pray for a willingness to be willing… if you pray? (If you don’t, then hold the intention to be willing to be willing). Sometimes a window of opportunity will open, and when it does, you’ll know… and your intention or prayer will help you go through it and you’ll have begun.

Are you in a Boot Camp? Support and committing one day at a time to a program can help a lot too! Many hugs to you.. oxoxo

46. Kathy

Susan – -why don´t you get a real bicycle – one that you pedal – better for your health and better for the environment! And you can really get a sensation of speed on a real bike!

47. Denise Houge

Susan: you’re already a badass in so many good ways , you don’t need a motorcycle to convince me.

I love you!!

Dee Fay

48. Karin

Enjoyed the story. I took that same class about 5 years ago in Colorado. I received my license by the skin of my teeth…..I’m pretty sure the instructor had nightmares after :). My husband already had a Harley but I wanted to be able to drive “Just in Case”. I practiced a few times on my husband’s bike after I receive my license but that was it. I still have my license but haven’t driven since so still not second nature. Not sure I will ever drive again. I need a “moment of clarity” about my eating habits. I’ve had a few on the subject but guess never acted upon it immediately like you mentioned. I’ll remember this and take your advise next time. Thanks….

49. Robin

Wonderful insights. Thank you!

50. Bri

Thanks for your Vlog. Susan, can you please address in one of your vlogs FEAR and how it holds us back from starting the program? I have had a few “false starts” because I have become so anxious about weighing and measuring food, restriction and rebounding. I have not made it past a couple of days. I don’t have any doubts that it would work for weight loss, but I am so afraid of pain and restriction. What would be your advice for someone struggling with this?

51. Larry Van Dyke

Thank goodness for momemts of clarity in our life!

52. Peg

The day before my Grandfather had a fatal heart attack, I had been discussing buying a Motor scooter with him(I was in college at the time). He told me, God forbid you get in an accident. Forget the possibility of getting killed or seriously injured he said – but it would also be tragic to maybe destroy your beautiful face. That really hit home with me and any time I think of getting a small motorcycle or vespa like bike, his words come back to me. You can count me as one the people who were really overjoyed to hear your decision to not get a motorcycle! I love your beautiful face and want to count you amongst those living happy, thin and free for many years to come!

53. Hockeymia

Susan – You are so amazing! Thank you for sharing your life, struggles, and successes. You are inspiring because you are genuine. God Bless.

54. Mary

Oh Susan! I have a theory and it is: People drive like their personalities! Yup! That’s my experience of you sistah!

55. Kelly End

I have found that the narrative also helps to communicate to those we love and live with why we eat differently than they do.
    It helps me to own my food addiction, to take responsibility for it; then family don’t take what I’m doing/trying/changing personally, and I
    don’t look to them for permission or for their blessing to go forward.
    Your work is saving lives. So grateful you are taking measures to save yours (: Kelly

56. Elisabeth

I can totally relate … God has been working with Their 2 • 4 it seems, to give me as many moments as it takes … no matter how embarrassing!!!!

57. Elisabeth

58. Mercedes (from Argentina)

Oh, Susan! Bottom line: everything in life has to do with BLE. It does, I agree. But you put it in such a powerful way, that it goes through the screen and reaches us. Can someone write this little piece of prayer here? There´s a word I don´t understand.

Sorry I can´t come to San Diego. It´s 10000 km.away!

I love you, Susan.

Mercedes

Hi Mercedes,

Here’s the scripture quoted in the Vlog: “He performeth that which is appointed for me. The Lord perfecteth that which concerneth me.” Much love to you in Argentina! oxo

59. Helen

Susan, your best blog ever! As you say, moments of clarity are fleeting but are miraculous when you take the necessary action!! Thanks
    ever so much for this blog ever

60. François

Hello Susan.
    I thing I can safely say here that everybody like your work and even more the honestly and candid way you do it.
    So please just remember; if you drive a car, a boat, a bike or some other véhicule, just never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
    Thank you. Take care.

61. Ginger Nelson

This blog was very helpful! Thanks Susan. Glad you aren’t riding a motorcycle!

62. Cindy Hauffe

God Bless you Susan. I believe He is already;) You are a beautiful lady!
    Luv ya lots,
    Cindy Hauffe

63. Elizabeth

Loved it. Exactly correct. Moments of clarity are rare and we gotta seize them when we can. All 3 of my daughters knew MY great grandmother. She grew up in Indian Nation in Oklahoma Territory. Grandma saw the world in a different way. She was quiet and wise. She sang in a kind of soft wailing voice. When my Mom was quite small, following Grandma around the farm, Mom repeated some little rhyming ditty that she had heard which included a racial slur. Grandma turned and asked her what she had said?? Mom repeated it, thinking she was being cute and clever. Grandma squatted on her heals and said, “Ifen yer wanting to think yer BETTER than someone else, then you had better be ACTING Better than them, for the color of the skin don’t make no difference to God”. My mother’s first memory of a moment of clarity. And it changed how she sees the world, even today at age 86. Moments of Clarity shape us if we have the sense to stop what we are doing, listen to them and let them in.

64. Elizabeth

BTW… I grew up listening to reel to reel “lectures” by Joel Goldsmith several times a week. I still have a box of his reel to reel tapes in the attic, but I can’t find a reel to reel tape player that can play them on anymore. Joel lived in Hawaii, but he traveled to lecture. I attended only one of his lectures, but my grandparents attended some number of them. I myself have abandoned belief that God is a certainty, but I cling to the hope that he/she is a possibility.

I really enjoyed this vlog on moments of clarity. Thank you for everything you do. I love your eye rolls and your shrugs. Don’t change a thing.

65. Margaret

Wow!!! Amazing. Thank you.