Commitment Contracts and Challenges

Over the past few months, I’ve been challenging myself with commitment contracts to keep my Bright Lines as bright and shiny as possible, and I just started a new 30-day challenge. Watch this week’s vlog to hear all about it and how commitment contracts can be helpful in your Bright Line Eating journey.

Follow Susan on Twitter!

Like Susan’s Facebook Page!

Comments

1. Deb

Lots of great info and thoughts Susan!! Thank you!!

2. Barbara Fry

Hi Susan, Great blog! I signed up and paid for the 14 day challenge but never heard any more from you. I feel cheated as I thought I would get some support and food guidance. What went wrong and can I get some help now please? xx

1. Marlies Csabay

Barbara, did you get a confirmation? There is a food plan and videos for every day of the challenge. Contact support.brightlineating.com and explain your situation. That will be able to help you.

Thank you for jumping in and offering support, Marlies! 🙂

2. Susan Peirce Thompson

Hi Barbara,

First of all, I am soooo sorry this happened to you! How totally frustrating! No wonder you feel cheated.

I think I know what happened. For some reason, about one in every thousand times, our back-end computer system (it’s software that we don’t own and didn’t build) doesn’t apply the “tags” that are necessary to fire off the welcome email to you that gets the whole process started. This causes us no end of confusion and consternation, as 999 out of 1,000 it works just fine, and there seems to be nothing we can do to right the situation except wait for some poor person like you to show up and say that they never got anything from us after signing up for the 14-Day Challenge. It’s so, so weird.

I’ve put my tech support guy, David Lewis, on the case, and he’ll figure out what happened and get you straightened out. I’m so glad you commented so we can fix this! You have my deepest apology. I hope every minute of your Bright Line Eating journey from here on out is better than your first days and moments have been.

Much love,
      Susan

Dear Barbara, I’m so sorry to hear that you’re feeling cheated! Let’s get you some help right away! Please reach out to Customer Support at support.brightlineeating.com. Scroll down to the yellow box that says, “Click Here for More Support”, click the link and tell them what happened. My sincerest heartfelt apologies!! XOXO

4. Stephanie

Barbara – don’t let this setback be an excuse for you. The 14 Challenge is great / phenomenal. Jump right in.

3. Sylvia

Susan I. Am amaze how much information you still have in your bank . Thank you again

4. Leslie

Thanks for the Stickk idea. I’d never heard of this.

5. Teresa Smithson

I did the last 14 day challenge which promised a book but I did not receive one?

Hi Teresa,

So sorry you don’t have your book yet! Most have been delivered, but there are some still on their way.. I promise! If you haven’t received it by April 15, please come to support.brightlineeating.com and scroll to banner “Click Here for More Help” and submit a ticket… our team will be tracking book shipments after April 15.

6. Shira Lesin

Thank you so much Susan! You are a continued source of inspiration to me. I am up in the middle of the night in Israel getting a dose of your medicine. I am struggling to get through one day….. I am a mother of 8 kids and have a hard time putting my bright lines first no matter what. Because of you I am not giving up. Be Blessed.

7. Arbella

Love this Susan. One of my favorite things during the 14 day challenge was waking up to hear what you had to say. That was my motivation!

8. Nancy

I’m uncomfortable with commitment contracts. But I understand that I need to face an immediate consequence if I break my BLs. I tell myself that if I eat sugar and flour, I will suffer IMMEDIATE inflammation and deep bodily discomfort (gas, bloating, etc.). In fact, this is exactly what happens. So envisioning this immediate flareup has helped me stick to my plan–this for me is different, from telling myself “I’ll feel sick tomorrow, ” or “my new clothes won’t fit. the next day” I am visualizing IMMEDIATE violation of my body. (Not sure this will make sense for anyone else, but it works for me.).

9. Shira Lesin

I have found that when it comes to food I am not able to stick to commitments . Getting through one day is a huge milestone. I appreciate the ideas, props and options that you offered . I am holding by one day at a time.

10. Rita

You are such a great teacher/mentor. I love this lifestyle and have finished the 14 day challenge. Began reading your book. Can’t wait to sign up for the 8 week bookcamp. Hopefully sooner than later! Ii will hint to my hubby what a great Mother’s Day gift this would be!!! xxoo

11. Roberta

Hi, I too have not received my book after enrol long in the 14 day challenge in Feb. My order no is 43705 . I am in Canada so it may take longer .any chance you can trace it? thanks.

We are so sorry it’s taking this long to get you your book! The last of the deliveries are being made in the next few days. If you haven’t gotten your book by April 15, please DO submit another ticket to our support.brightineeating.com as we’ll be tracking and tracing any books not delivered by April 15. Again, we’re so sorry for the delay!

12. Jenna C Reed Livingston

Awesome ideas, as always. I really look forward to these vlogs so I hope you’ll keep them coming! I love the notion of a one-day contract…or whatever length of time works. So much can change in one single day so setting up a lengthier contract/plan has rarely (if ever) worked in my life. Taking it one day at a time feels better to me.

13. Zoey Trenkle

I signed up at stickk.com and I have had miraculous results! I lacked consistency since my boot camp ended a year ago, and the commitment contract was exactly what I needed!!!

14. MaryAnn Suppon

Omgosh this is the most amazing blog ever..I love you Susan.. I’m so excited to get my challenge going!! Feeling refreshed, revived, inspired.. And hopeful..!!😘

15. Erin Kahf

So inspired, Day 13 never looking back!

16. Maureen

Hi Susan,

I just want you to know how much I enjoy listening to you. I find your voice and your way of speaking so soothing and inspirational! You truly have a gift and I for one absolutely appreciate your knowledge, experience, and how down to earth you are. Your honesty and even your vulnerability is so refreshing! I always feel like I’m listening to a really cool friend.

Many thanks for all you do.

Xo😘

Thanks so much Maureen! Thanks for your appreciation and for being in our community!

17. Linda Ducharme

You are so positive and so supportive,Susan. I love the way you make each of feel that you really care. I have run into a huge problem. I was doing fine but have had to go blood thinners. Warfarin or Cumadin. When I eat too many foods with high levels of Vitamin K, it stops the action of the warfarin. It is hard to lose weight with this as the greens were really helping. I love the salads. I have been trying to consume vegetables low in Vitamin K, but they are not the greatest for weight loss. Potatoes, Sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, cauliflower(its great). Some foods are next to impossible to eat, Brussels sprouts, Kale, Romaine and butter lettuce, green beans and peas, so you see what I mean? Do you have any advice for me?

18. Jackie Eveland-Psyck

I signed up for the 14 day challenge over the past holiday weekend. My receipt went through PayPal, but I have received nothing yet. I know the delay could be because of the weekend, but I thought by now (Monday morning), I would have heard something. I have the book, but am anxious to get started with the 14 day challenge and learn more. Please advise as what to do next.

Hi Jackie! I’m glad you posted! Yes, you ought to have received an email from us letting you know how to begin…

Please go to support.brightlineeating.com (on this website), and scroll down to the banner that says “Click Here for More Support” and submit a ticket so our team can help get you into the 14-Day Challenge and figure out what the glitch is. Please be sure to give the same email address and name as you used to sign up for the program, ok?

So happy you have the book and am delighted you’ll be in the 14-Day Challenge!

oxo

19. Shoshana

Hi Susan I find your videos useful, educational and enjoyable. I ordered a copy of your new book quite a while ago. When will I be receiving it? I live in BC Canada, so perhaps it will take a bit longer to get here. Really looking forward to reading it. Thanks, Shoshana

Hi Shoshana! Thanks so much for your kind words. I wish I had better news about the book’s arrival. Our distributor says that books outside the U.S. might not arrive until mid-May. This is outside of our control and I’m so so sorry for the delay!

Again, thank you.

20. Sonia Fineout

My 100 day challenge is to stick with my bright lines, if i fail I will immediately sign up for boot camp. I know how it sounds but I am a person that has a very difficult time spending that much money. So I am very motivated to stick to my challenge.

21. Natalie

I absolutely love these creative and fun ideas. I stopped the video midway to purchase my calendar and shiny stickers on Amazon. I just want to tell you Susan how brilliant I am finding this whole thing. My whole life now revolves around BLE. I post daily in Hillside Hills, have a buddy and have just arranged my first BLE Mastermind Group meeting with a team of 3 other really highly motivated individuals. Your vlogs and emails are so timely and beautifully done. The energy is contagious and I am so thankful I have found you and this incredible movement and community–love you!

22. Tante

Hi!
    I purchased Susan’s book prior to its release . I have not receive my copy yet!