Receiving Help

It’s the morning after the launch of the book Bright Line Eating: The Science of Living Happy, Thin, and Free. We already have over 200 reviews of the book on Amazon, and this morning it’s the #1 selling book on Barnes & Noble in the Diet, Health, & Fitness category! Thank you for your amazing support these past couple of months…and these past couple of years. Yesterday was very literally a dream come true.

In this week’s VLOG I reflect a bit on one of the key lessons that’s been coming up for me surrounding this book launch—receiving help. It’s a crucial Bright Line Eating skill. Watch now to hear my thoughts.

*The free book offer is no longer available with the purchase of the 14-Day Challenge.

Take the 14-Day Challenge Now!

Order the BLE Book Now!

Follow Susan on Twitter!

Like Susan’s Facebook Page!

Comments

1. Leslee Feiwus

You were amazing! You are a fantastic speaker! I was sitting at my edge of my seat at home and clapping and screaming! It so neat to see someones dreams actually come true. I’m so proud to be on your coat tails with this movement that is going to change the world!

2. Pat CALLAGHAN

Hi Susan, so glad that you had such a wonderful book launch. Love you. Pat

3. Steve vos

Susan. You really deserve success. I just love listening to your interviews or watching your videos.
    I will buy your book when it’s in audible with only you as narrator
    Because you alone can put in your real inflections
    Congratulations so much

1. Robin

Steve, You can find Susan’s book on Audible now. With Susan narrating it! ? It’s great! I’ve been listening to it for two days now. Check it out! ?❤

1. stephanie casper

Steve I have just emailed audible.com because about 4 hrs and 16 min into the book it becomes totally garbled and incomprehensible. Very frustrating ! Rebooted my computer and everything else I can think of….it’s a problem on their end I believe.
        Did you finish the book audibly yet?

4. Lisa

What a great topic today Susan! We sure do get by with a little (sometimes a lot) help from our friends.

Thank you for all of your help!

5. Susana Alonso

Susan,
    I keep pushing your 14 day challenge to anyone that asks about my weight loss???
    I applaud your success and how real you keep things with your audience. I am a mom of 6
    And your program has helped my life so much! THANK YOU!!!!
    I am waiting for my book in the mail but heard your voice on the audible edition and will purchace it for when on the road.
    Cheers,
    Susana Alonso and Family

6. Susana Alonso

Is your book being released in Spanish?

7. Barbara

Wish you a lot of success for the book, dear Susan! Yes reaching out for help would be a cool thing, but in the 14 day challenge that is not an option, no facebookgroup. The vlogs on the other hand are a constant well of motivation and information. Thank you for that and I’m looking forward for your book!

8. Karalee Nicholson

Congratulations on all your success Susan,you deserve it ! ! ! Can’t wait to see your book on the #1 Best Sellers List ! ! !

9. ingrid

Congratulations on your (and your team’s) success! Love, love, LOVE YOU, Susan !

10. Cassie barrett

How wonderful your book was such a success. So pleased for you and all the people that will benifit from all the hard work.

11. Juli

Congratulations on the book launch! It has been a real delight to “see” you through this journey all the way to the launch! I can’t wait to get the book! The talk was very powerful, I was sorry the camera didn’t switch to a closeup of the slides for the live stream, but I look forward to seeing them when you send them out later. Re asking for and receiving help – I have been working on that one for a really really long time! My default position in my head is that I am supposed to be able to do it all, all by myself. Asking is important but also receiving when help is freely offered is another one . I had a car breakdown on a busy street today – pedestrians passing by – young enough to be my grandkids! – asked if I needed help and my response was “I don’t know”. The young woman said, “Your car is in the middle of the road, we need to move it to a safe place.” And they offered help pushing the car to a safe spot. So sweet. She stopped traffic (she is pregnant), he pushed, I steered the car. This magic moment that strangers helped me figure it out and get it done – wow. Oh – and I had packed my BLE lunch, so I was able to eat while waiting for triple-A. Helped my mood settle from the shock of the breakdown, and meant I didn’t end up overly hungry by missing a meal due to the sudden change of plans. Thanks for all you do!

12. Agatina Saitta

I’m always grateful and moved to hear you speak Dr. Susan. Thank-you for your contribution to the world and for bringing hope and structure for those of us who want to sustainably lose weight and live happy thin and free.

13. Monica Hunter

Congratulations on a successful book launch! I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat while listening to you. You totally deserve all the successes you are realizing now. Keep up the great work!!

14. Linda Potter Stock

Just a simple thank you. You have changed my life.

15. Karen Willoughby

Oh Susan, you are on your way to more than 15 minutes of fame!! I predict much more success for you and the awesome program of BLE. I was so bummed that I was unable to see the livestream of your talk last night and I hope that I will be able to catch a replay of it somewhere. I gobble up all the information that I can get from you. I also know that I could not have come as far as I have without all the support I have gotten from the wonderful people in my FB House and that was genius of you to see the need for that . I’m cheering you on!!

16. Margaret Hazle

All your hard work has come to pass – you have been an amazing support to others and your vlogs are superb. You more than deserve to have all that recognised and staying true throughout is no easy task. You are an inspiration. Thank you for all you’ve done and will do. Congratulations on your book launch and success. Loved seeing you travelling through it.

17. Kathy

I am honored to be a member of your soon to be explosive clan . It took me a while to commit to a boot camp but I have been watching all the Vlogs, free internet videos and anything I could find by you for months. You know how to speak to our hearts and you earned all the success you will receive from this book. Got mine in mail today and am getting ready to read it now. I was extremely engrossed in your book launch talk , great material. You are my hero!

18. Robin

Susan,
    That could part of of the next book, “ReZoom!” Chapters on asking for and how to receive help! ?❤
    The livestream was amazing! I laughed so hard when you described David bending over to tie his shoes! Too funny! Sure wish I could have been there live but will see you in June! Woohoo!

19. Jenna C Reed Livingston

So proud of you for following your truth and getting your book published. It was a long road but so worth it. You’ve helped me and lots of other people realize our inner potential and drive. Now I just need to commit and I’ll be on my way but easier said than done 🙂 Thank you!

20. Mike M

Where can I see the book launch? On Youtube… or is there another link?

21. Sarah

Thank you thank you thank you! I got the book the other day and read it the same day! I’m on my third day of BLE now! Does anyone know if there will be a support community for people who have the book/are doing the plan, but who have not done (and probably won’t do) the Boot Camp? Thanks in advance!

1. Laurie Ploude

Sarah,
      there are unofficial brite line eating support groups on FB. Just put it the search at the top.

22. Nancy

Totally agree with you about asking for help. But please keep in mind that some people like to try to figure out things for themselves (so they won’t be thought to be too dependent, considered whiners, failures, losers, etc,.) In other words, there’s a lot of pressure out there that prevents people from asking.