One Tool That’s Been Super Helpful For Me Lately…

Recently, I’ve been weighing and measuring my food without exception. Watch this week’s vlog to learn why it’s such an important tool to have in your Bright Line Eating toolbox.

Like Susan’s Facebook Page!

Comments

1. Chuck

I get an error every time I try to watch this Vlog. 🙁

1. janet

I also had to click on the “having and issue” sentence beneath the video and then it worked

2. ari

Maybe it is a message?

3. Julia Harold

Try clicking the “Having Issues Watching this video? Click here.” link under the video on the right.

2. Barb

At the bottom right there’s an option to click there if you are having issues. That worked for me. Hope this helps!

1. Sherry

Thank yo Barb. That worked.

3. Carrie

Error

4. Bob

Worked perfect for me. Content was excellent. Thank you.

5. Joanne OBrien (@jobrien226)

Excellent, excellent VLOG! I get the saboteur thing and the ruminating. So psychologically and emotionally taxing. Thanks Susan for your honesty (and the OA history lesson).

6. Lisa

I hope you hold a weighing and measuring contest at the BLE family reunion!

7. Roberta

If you do not have 6 oz of veggies can you have extra salad?

1. Mariah Perkins

Yes. In restaurants or otherwise. My quantities are, 6 oz vegetables and 8 oz salad at dinner. (I am 5’1″, 100 lbs, 67 YO. These 14 ozone veggies can be cooked or raw.

8. Star

Wow! This is the best ad I’ve ever seen for the Weighdown way of eating. Thank you! I had been thinking about going back to OA of some type but also looking at Weighdown. Both have worked for me in the past. I would much rather have my check in about food portions be with my HP/God than a scale. This has helped give me clarity.

9. Kristi

Of all the bright lines, quantity is my Achilles heel. I am a large quantity eater of almost anything I eat- even vegetables! This Vlog speaks to my issues. I will bring a scale to a restaurant as often as I can. Thank you SPT!

10. Sue Armastrong

Re: your latest Vlog about weighing at all times. I tried this one on a week away in July this year. We were staying at digs and were completely reliant on our landlady’s food the whole week. I emailed her prior to staying, explaining about Bright Line Eating, and sent her the quantities I will need to eat. She was anti the whole process the whole week. She did everything she could to upset my plans. I tool a lunch box. She never gave me enough salad, and we could not get any where we were. My grain quantity was minimal too. the evening meal was the same. I never had enough vegetables, and she served the meat giving me small portions and always tried to tempt me with sweet desserts. She said she was trying to get me to eat something. when it came to weighing for the evening meal she let her temper get the better of her. instead of talking to me on arrival for our holiday, she laid into me when it came to a day when she was inviting some personal friends, and warned me against bringing my scale. When I weighed myself on arrival back home I had lost about 7 lbs that week. We had been going to stay with her every year for years, and I always put on weight that week before. This is a bit of a garbled account of what happened, but it has left me a bit scared of weighing in public. When I am in a restaurant and say I will want extra vegs. They often say there will be plenty, but there is usually is a heap of meat and minimal vegs. I shall look at the OXO scales you suggest and see if I can muster up the courage to try them if I can afford them!! Much Love to you. xx

11. Sue Armstrong

I’m sorry I put my name in wrong above. It’s Sue Armstrong!

12. Patrice

Rigorous honesty is critical.

13. John B. McNamara

Heaven forbid! What do I do if Her Majesty the Queen or President Donald Trump invites me to dinner? “Excuse me Madam / Excuse me Sir, I’m gonna have to weigh my steak and peas”. The mind boggles to imagine what reaction would greet me! Yours very sincerely, John B. McNamara.

1. kerry

Hi John Well if that were to happen [most unlikely] wouldn’t it be better to just hazard a guess at the amount your normally eat? Why make something simple SO UNACHIEVABLE?

14. STEPHANIE CASPER

Where does satiety come in? why are we humans the only animals that need to weigh and measure our food to maintain our weight? I find that if I eat whole foods plant based food – no sugar no salt and no added fat (having to add processed fat is a myth most health guru agree on – folks), no flour it’s just impossible to be overweight because I just cannot eat too much to gain weight. How do people get fat eating too much broccoli and salad? A lifetime of weighing and measuring food sounds horrible to me. Guess I’m in the wrong place!

1. Samantha

I agree with you. All the plant based medical doctors say you only need to weigh and measure your food if you are eating the wrong food. You might like this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_x_c-pac9Y

15. joan

How do we work out how much food we should be eating ?

16. Randy Diner

I had lost the weight that I wanted to on Weight Watchers. I was concerned about my food obsession, & I think that weighing & measuring food in restaurants would just add to it. I am careful Monday thru Friday about quantities, etc., & prefer to eat more on week-ends. I don’t eat ANY sugar or flour which has helped me tremendously-I don’t have to think about ‘can I have one cookie or two?’ I can’t have any! This has helped me. I was 108 before Bright Lines & this morning was 106. My food obsessions have lessened, & at times are gone. Thank you

17. Lee

This is madness! One of the biggest goals about bright line eating is to get rid of food obsession. This is obsession!

18. Caryl Westmore

The 12 Step Greysheet Anonymous program has huge success for 1000s of people who weigh and measure NO MATTER WHAT in restaurants so it is not such an outrageous or original concept!!! I recently read of a film star doing it at a function …can’t remember who

19. Caryl Westmore

It was Faye Dunaway
    A representative for Faye told the MailOnline when asked about the incident: ‘Ms. Dunaway has always taken care of her diet and general wellbeing, what may be considered slightly eccentric is part of her charm’.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3609171/She-pulled-paper-bag-Faye-Dunaway-75-weighed-food-star-studded-amfAR-gala-portable-scales.html#ixzz4SzKMkbEv
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

20. Caryl Westmore

The portable scales seem to be a favourite of Faye’s with friend to the stars Michael Winner revealing in his 2010 book ‘Unbelievable! My Life In Restaurants And Other Places’, that the scales were whipped out of her bag at every meal he had with the Hollywood star.
    ‘Faye was always immensely careful about what she ate and still is. Hence, she has never put on weight,’ Michael explained.
    ‘Whenever you had lunch or dinner with her, she’d take some small round scales out from her bag and place them under her plate. Then she’d scoop food off the plate until the scales registered a certain weight.’
    ‘I asked her once: “Are you still using the scales, Faye?” She said: “Yes, people laugh at me but I don’t care. They keep me slender.”

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3609171/She-pulled-paper-bag-Faye-Dunaway-75-weighed-food-star-studded-amfAR-gala-portable-scales.html#ixzz4SzKz9Anu
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

21. Shira Lesin

As a number 10++ on the susceptibility scale…. I get it. Thank you so much Susan. Your honesty is an inspiration. Be Blessed!

22. Hildy

Thanks again..I have not yet purchased a scale but it is time…thanks for the encouragement to be consistently disciplined ….

23. Jenna C Reed Livingston

The weighing and measuring part of BLE is tough for me–in fact, I haven’t even tried it yet because I feel it’ll make me even more rebellious about eating. Having strict rules about eating works for me for awhile but eventually I can’t stick with it without severe depression and anxiety. I’m not 100% sure what to do about that issue…

24. Sharon Gibson

I had the problem with the scales I purchased with not being able to see the number on the scale.
    I went to the dollar store to hunt for a solution. I came home with one of the plastic covers you put over
    foods in the microwave. I place it upside down on my scales and use it to weigh my salad portion. I
    can see through the clear plastic and read the scales!! SharonTG

25. Gary Gibson

I use a cover like you buy to put over foods in the microwave, and place
    it upside down on my scales, and start putting in my salad. I can see
    right through the cover and read the scales!!

26. Gary L. Gibson

I put a microwave clear plastic cover on my scales, upside down,
    and cut my salad into it!!!