Message to a Struggling Food Addict

This morning I received a 911/SOS message from someone who was doing really well with Bright Line Eating but is now binging. This week’s vlog is a message for her, and for all those who may be struggling with food right now.

Comments

1. Libby

Thank you, Susan. I always look forward to your weekly vlog, and I gain some insight with every single video. Today, however, you hit the bullseye for me. This is exactly where I’m at, and you offered so much advice that I can use right now. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1. Josie Colicchia

Peace Out! Watching peacefully on outskirts, no crazy rollercoaster ride anymore! Yay!!
      My life was being On that mammoth death ride and now I’m Off and rejoicing on the platform of Life. Eyes wide open! I’m grounded. Thanx to Susan & BLE
      Love Josie x

2. Alexandra

Thank you this is exactly what I needed to hear.

1. Margit

Me too, spot on !

1. patti christel

I’m new to this, so need more information. I want to get on board..I have an addict’s tendencies when it comes to food:(

2. Mary Sue

This is such a powerful vlog. I can really relate to this and I have lived the power of narrative today! This confirms my belief that what you tell yourself you become. I need to keep this video handy for when I forget this truth! Thanks so much for this.

1. Peg

Can only add that this helped ward off a binge – and your vlog applies to more than BLE Sincere thanks!
      P.S. The brown tone V-neck top is especially becoming! =)

3. Susan Simmons

Thank you Susan. I love the video logs and open them as soon as they arrive.
    I wonder if you realize that you roll your eyes and sound down when you say ‘welcome to the weekly vlog” then perk up and talk. I hope you can feel the excitement I feel the next time you introduce the vlog! It’s a treasure.

1. Erin

I notice that too!

2. Sandy

I thought this at first as well, but then I grew to like the childlike innocence and humility about it. But is something worth thinking about since others have a similar perception. Yes, the vlogs are a “treasure”.

4. Carol Taylor

Thank you for this Vlog. Exactly where I am now as well. Been bingeing for about a month now off and on. I have in the last year and some lost 122lbs +. I was feeling amazing, then something happened, and I started into the flour and sugar again. And I can’t seem to stop, at least not for any definite period of time. I love my bright line food, which by the way wasn’t Bright Line food until today, as I lost all my weight with FA. Anyways thanks for this.

1. Barbara

They say one day at a time, but I think would be able to time is hard enough. Keep the faith you’ll get back in stride.

1. Barbara

That was supposed to say one meal at a time. Siri Doesn’t understand me sometimes.

5. Mike Broderick

This reminds me of the old indian story…..

One evening. an elderly Cherokee brave told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people.

He said “My son , the battle is between two wolves inside us all.

One is evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego

The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.”

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked “which wolf wins?”

The old cherokee simply replied,

“THE ONE THAT YOU FEED”

1. Madalina

Thank you for this story, it’s so true.

2. Maiya Amar Champa

Love this, thank you Mike!

1. Emine Weaire

Love the story Tks Mike

1. Elena

Great example you added, thank you Mike!

3. Ruth

I’ve just read this 3 times so I remember it all day. Each time I read it I’m reminded of a different way I have been feeding the wrong wolf. Today I will make a conscious effort to focus on serving others, serenity, love, positive hope and might even share this with someone else I spent the day with yesterday who I think is also feeding the wrong beast.
      Thankyou
      Ruth

4. Lisa Schour

Perfect! Thank you for your post.

5. Michele

LOVE THIS STORY!

6. Thank You

Thank You, for this story and it is so true! A simple thing to ground yourself with and get away from ego. Is simply to practice Self-Enquiry; ask yourself:

WHO AM I?

From David Godman’s book; Be As You Are: The Teachings of Sri Ramana Maharshi

Q: How should a beginner start this practice?
      A: The mind will subside only by means of the enquiry ‘Who am I?’ The thought ‘Who am I?’, destroying all other

As long as there are tendencies towards sense-objects in the mind, the enquiry ‘Who am I?’ is necessary. As and when
      nature [swarupa-smarana] until one attains Self, that alone will be sufficient.

1. Thank You

Let’s try again:

Question: How should a beginner start this practice?

Bhagavan: The mind will subside only by means of the enquiry ‘Who am I?’ The thought ‘Who am I?’, destroying all other thoughts, will itself finally be destroyed like the stick used for stirring the funeral pyre. If other thoughts rise one should, without attempting to complete them, enquire ‘To whom did they rise?’ What does it matter however many thoughts rise? At the very moment that each thought rises, if one vigilantly enquires ‘To whom did this rise?’, it will be known ‘To me’. If one then enquires ‘Who am I?’, the mind will turn back to its source [the Self] and the thought which had risen will also subside. By repeatedly practising thus, the power of the mind to abide in its source increases.

Although tendencies towards sense-objects [vishaya vasanas], which have been recurring down the ages, rise in countless numbers like the waves of the ocean, they will all perish as meditation on one’s nature becomes more and more intense. Without giving room even to the doubting thought, ‘Is it possible to destroy all these tendencies [vasanas] and to remain as Self alone?’, one should persistently cling fast to self-attention.

As long as there are tendencies towards sense-objects in the mind, the enquiry ‘Who am I ?’ is necessary. As and when thoughts rise, one should annihilate all of them through enquiry then and there in their very place of origin. Not attending to what-is-other [anya] is non-attachment [vairagya] or desirelessness [nirasa]. Not leaving Self is knowledge [jnana]. In truth, these two [desirelessness and knowledge] are one and the same. Just as a pearl-diver, tying a stone to his waist, dives into the sea and takes the pearl lying at the bottom, so everyone, diving deep within himself with non-attachment, can attain the pearl of Self. If one resorts uninterruptedly to remembrance of one’s real nature [swarupasmarana] until one attains Self, that alone will be sufficient.

Enquiring ‘Who am I that is in bondage?’ and knowing one’s real nature [swarupa] alone is liberation. Always keeping the mind fixed in Self alone is called ‘self-enquiry’, whereas meditation [dhyana] is thinking oneself to be the absolute [Brahman], which is existence-consciousness-bliss [sat-chit-ananda].

6. Ronna Berezin

Good response.! Your advice can apply to any of us in any overwhelming situation. I always have to step back, regroup( myself), rethink before feeling hopeless about anything even if it means that my next steps are crawling. But along the way I am reminded of Winston Churchill’s thought: “Never, never, never give up.”

1. Elena

I like the way you describe “crawling”. It means to still keep moving even in troubled times – slowly but carefully. A pace of mindfulness.

2. Thank You

Yes, that is a good reminder; Thank You.

7. Lesley

Susan, of all your amazing vlogs this one has to be the most outstanding. You absolutely nail it with both your insights and answers. Thank you for being a shining laser beam of light in the dark and despair-ridden world of struggling food addicts.

1. Diane

I concur!

2. Thank You

Indeed, Thank You Susan!

8. Stefi

SPECTACULAR vlog Susan!!
    SOOO much truth !! The narrative is critical to have positive.
    I really loved your 40 candle birthday cake story – made me smile SO big! Thanks ?

9. Nadia JAQUES

Dear Sweet ,Honest Susan…THANK you!!!! Your being straight forward about your journey is such a huge help!!!
    I had to drop out of February Boot Camp but your vlogs always help!! Doing this alone IS challenging, but the reality is that it IS my choice,my journey and depends on my internal narrative about it! I think of it in sailing terms at times..It is like “coming about”. It takes time and patience ,skill and work to get my sailboat heading in the right direction with the wind full on behind me!
    Still unstoppable.
    I’ll be with you in spirit in SD!
    God bless you.
    Ellie
    P.S. can’t wait for your book!
    This is a good chapter for it…hope it’s in it!!

10. Laurie

So good for me. Every day I want to give up, yet every day I stay. In the Feb. Boot Camp, but might actually finish my very first BLE day. Those lines are bright, Baby. Thank you, thank you, Susan. And thank you to the person who messaged you the SOS. She was speaking for so many of us who are not as visible

11. Tinamia wang Jørgensen

Thank you Susan.
    I love you and your videos.
    You give such at bog love and knowhow to us.

I am from Denmark and I eoul love you to be here.

Untill I’ll listen to video everything wek.

Love from Tinamia

12. Nancy

Thank you for this vlog today. It hit me right where I am living today…coming back from a 2 day binge. Your message was a super motivator.

13. Lee Hiscock

I find that when I eat really well, the food begins to taste better and better. Right now I have discovered an apple which tastes as good as my coffee ice cream used to taste … and it blows my mind! I have one of those apples every day, sweet and juicy!

14. Debbie

Prayers to the person who is struggling. Been there, done that.

15. Megha

Susan – you are my hero! I am in the new Bootcamp and if the writer today is reading, please know we’ve got your back:) I love the BLE food and the freedom. It is still hard, yes – at only only 2plus weeks in…. Susan – you have this thing DOWN!! So hang in there, struggling writer! We all support you:)

16. Brynda Privitt

Thank you. I did great my first month and it has been hard and a roller coaster ever since. Today is another Day 1 for me. I feel like I have a lot of Day 1s. So far so good. When I binge it is almost like an “out of body” experience. All logic and common sense goes out the window until after the storm…when the guilt and shame set in. It sucks.

17. Jam

Susan I totally get you and love your program, I think you;re doing a great thing. I have found success with no flour/sugar but cannot bind myself to planned meals, that’s my one stopping point. It makes me angry to have to be in the box as she says. I like to abstain from sugar now and flour. And with that I have no trouble at all but the planning no. I carefully made myself a lovely menu plan for a week and immediately ignored it. I literally made me feel too constricted. I CAN trust myself to eschew the flour and sugar. AND replace with natural sweetness in fresh fruit and vegetables. Homemade meals. It’s all good. Not all of us are so down the rabbit hole that it’s going to be a spin if the pre-planning doesn’t happen. My motto is I eat as best as I can every meal and sometimes I have something I want because I’m careful like that. Thank you so much once again for all your research and help in getting me to understand the brain function and chemistry,

Best always!

Jam

18. Kathleen Lawler

Brilliant SPT! I admire your spunk, candor, and amazing honesty. You are a true heroine, your healing journey and willingness to share so openly move me deeply. “Are you spinning a story that serves you?” Spot on. Thank you for these vlogs. In big gratitude.

19. Sharon salmon

Thank you so much, Susan. I loved the piece about…no matter how many times you may try to eat like foodies who enjoy eating, eating eating and don’t worry about their size necessarily and stop eating when they’re satisfied….you will NEVER be like them. NEVER!
    My old story is that I CAN be like them….NOT!! NOT, NOT, NOT! thanks for the reminder.
    Sharon in maine

1. Anthea

Wow. I know this is an old post, but thank you! My story (I’ve just realised) is that I should be able to eat like those people who are low on the Susceptibility Scale, it’s just not fair. Very empowering to realise what I was thinking.

20. Linda

Awesome vlog! Spot on for me. Love getting just the right message at JUST the right time. I’m a Feb boot camper who’s been given the “treasure” of just sailing thru this amazingly well. I’ve lost 21 lbs and today found myself spinning a story ….ohhhh I can taste that….one taste won’t hurt. Thank you so much for reigning me back in. I got a little cocky. It’s a slippery slope I say!!!! You’re such a blessing Susan thank you for all you do and all you are! My “treasure” is back safe and protected once again.

21. Faith LaBrie

It is such a rare and wonderful thing to feel “seen.” Every single word you ever share about your experience of what it’s like being a 10 resonates with me.

22. Sandy N

Love this vlog! Thank you so much. I’ve just recently started following you. I am a member of a compulsive eating fellowship. Just coming off my first major relapse dive (this past weekend) in nearly two years of no sugar. Your advice is timely as I am in the process of inventorying my program after grabbing that brief moment to jump off the ride. I also can really apply your narrative concepts in my life and learn from what I too often do. Thanks for the reminder to spin the positive perception. All in all, great words!

23. Pamela Warren

Susan, I was in your last October Boot Camp and lost about 50 pounds during the time. I was eating three meals a day and just recently I have started wanting to eat during the day other than meals. So, recently I have been eating my regular meals and then two snacks…..hummus and broccoli, cauliflower and carrots. I have now been losing only one pound a week….but I am not gaining. I can come up with lots of rationalizations as to what has changed….but that’s what they are…rationalizations. I so enjoyed your piece today and it shed more light on why and what is going on with me. Thank you so much.

24. Cathy

Eloquently stated. True for me. Began boot camp, then 15 days of BLE. Followed by 10 days of travel & off BLE. Returned home and resumed BLE. Restarted my count & now at day 30 of BLE. I’m sticking with BLE. Lesson learned when I stopped BLE. No reason to repeat that lesson. Thank you for BLE. As I near my 62nd birthday, I am so grateful to have found BLE. May I live the rest of my life – happy, thin and free. May all people live happy, thin and free.

25. Kristen Carter

Susan.

That was a very moving blog, possibly your best ever (so far). I was almost moved to tears with your compassion and explanation of the narratives that we create for ourselves. I actually am not a food addict (am am probably a 1 on the susceptibility scale) but work with several food addicts in my job as an exercise physiologist and health coach. What struck me is the universality of this message. We all tell ourselves things that are not facts at all, and can be changed by taking an honest look at them and having the courage to pick another path. Am keeping this vlog for sure, and sending it along to others. Thank you so much.

26. Christine

I am so grateful for you to be in my life, through this boot camp. I completely identified with the woman you were speaking about. So many of the things you mentioned were things that go through my head, especially about the story spinning and reluctance to tell people about my new efforts to lose weight. You are providing me with the insight that no one else has ever done before. I really really loved this vlog and the message of self empowerment.

27. Sheryl

Hi! Just want to say that I find great value in what you say and can apply it to more than eating- or over eating. I started eating this way a few years ago ( not knowing of BLE… just found that no flour/ no sugar/ no crap/ eating smaller amounts worked for me.) I too, like Susan, now do not even think of eating cake, cookies, etc. Like it’s poison for me. And I find it so interesting when others think I’m feeling denied– ‘ oh go ahead- a little piece won’t hurt’. Thank goodness it’s now a non- negotiable, non- issue for me. I love your question ‘what narrative are you spinning for yourself? Choose one that serves!’ I can apply that to lots of things. Thanks Susan- you are very real. Oh- yes– like a previous comment, I also wanted to speak to your opening ‘welcome’– when you say it sing songy, and roll your eyes– it seems as if you’re putting it down, or not proud of it somehow…. like your not excited to be speaking with us. Which I think you really are– yes?

28. Kathy Klein

I have lost 67 pounds over the last year and still need to drop another 50. However, I still think of myself as at my heaviest. Example I go to buy clothes since I’ve lost 67 I have no concept of what size to try on. So I look at 2x or XL. I started at a size 22 A nd I’m afraid this mental image of me do heavy will impact my continued success. Have you or others in BLE encountered this phenomenon?
    Thanks
    Kathy from SC

29. Sheryl

PS 1 more thing on your opening– maybe you don’t want to say ‘Welcome to the weekly vlog’….? Just start the vlog. (maybe…?)

1. Deborah

I have Susan’s opening comments too but from a different perspective. I recall how I felt when I heard them for the very first time. Oh! I can come back here each week and hear more precious, up building vlogs! It opened my eyes to this resource for which I am forever grateful. So when I hear those words, “Welcome to the weekly vlog!” I picture how a newbie must be feeling! How warm and sincere Susan is! How faithful and how loyal she is to do this, tailored for us each week! And it’s always JUST what we all need! Thank you Susan!!!

30. Lyn Collins

Great topic this week, and you really gave me lots to ponder about what it is I tell my self about food. Thank you Susan, this was a very powerful topic and your insight is amazing.

31. Kathy

Your devotion to all of us who struggle, down to this person who emailed you directly, is unbelievable – you have
    a huge 4 days coming up in San Diego (it was to be my birthday present, but my bro. in law is dying), you have
    a book, the Lifers, your family, new things coming for your BLE family. That you can juggle so much with such
    compassion nominates you as a living miracle to my mind. I’m going to be rewatching this over and over.
    It is fabulous of you and for all of us who are receiving your gifts on so many levels. The mothership is the biggest and best I’ve ever known outside my faith community. Thank you.

32. christine

Hi Susan, thank you so much for this weeks vlog.. It was made for me. The story I tell myself, the food, the lot. I’m in the February boot camp and just could not get started back on my bright lines. I fell off before Christmas …sigh! A couple of days ago I went out for lunch with friends, and gave some advice about better eating to one friend, as her Mum has been unwell. Well, I went home and felt like a hypocrite…giving advice and not being able to stick to it myself. This morning has been the first time in a long while that I could face my bright lines….trying to practice what I had preach! I had Just finished my B/L lunch….when I found your vlog………so needed…..thank you again….. 🙂

33. Cornelia Mae

Hi Susan … a friend shared ‘YOU’ with me and I am so grateful. Please add my name to your mailing list … I’d so appreciate it … thank you:) You are the MIRACLE I’ve been waiting for!

34. sue

I have been really struggling last few days and this has really helped – perfect timing and thanks for your wise words

35. Cindy

Thank you so very much for sharing your stories and help with those of us who are not boot campers . Your messages are always perfectly timed to my needs and questions. I look forward to your book and learning how to deal with hunger between meals. My thanks to the gentleman that replied to you with the Indian story. So much power in few words. Thank you Susan

36. Patty

Powerful! Thank you!

37. Laurie

Hi Susan! Thanks for the amazing vlog. What narrative am I telling? Wow! I KNOW this, but I “forgot.” It is a conversation I have frequently about other life challenges, but I have NEVER applied the concept to my food. What story am I telling myself about the food? That is a life changing question. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! P.S. Can’t wait for your book!!

38. Deborah

I LOVE this vlog! It’s like whether a glass is half empty or half full. It’s a matter of perspective. One might ask oneself a series of questions – “Does this perspective serve me?” “Does this perspective help me feel happy, hopeful, or not?” “Does this perspective truly put me on the road for survival, or for self destruction?” “What do I ‘really’ want?” This principle can be applied to every aspect of life. Furthermore, in the final analysis, self is the only one you can control. One can relinquish control or choose to take control. This freedom of choice is very empowering!
    I choose to survive! I choose to thrive! I choose to be happy!

39. George Sabree

My wife brought 2 slices of birthday cake home from her sister’s party and I knew after the former insisted that I have just a forkful and I surrendered that their would be ‘a disturbance in my resistance force field’ created.
    And their was. Even though I put the stuff out of sight in the freezer (and everybody, you know why I didn’t throw it away-right? Right) I knew that sooner or later I would eat it, and I did-frozen and both slices, slowly savoring each piece a forkful at a time. That was my first piece of cake since the new year and to be honest, the cake was very good!

But the thing is, I was able to cross back over the Bright Line and am certain I would not have been able to do that before BLE. To me, that’s powerful!

1. Jim Schacht

George, I know exactly why you didn’t throw it away. I’m glad you crossed back over.

The narrative part of this vlog resonates. In my case the narrative is all about just how long a lifetime without flour and sugar is going to be. Never is daunting. I would like to get to the place where Susan is, that is having two birthday cakes and not having even a bite of either one . . . with ease. I’m certainly not there yet.

May your journey have few cake blips and may they not knock you off the rails.

Jim

40. Rachel Burwell

THANK You, Thank you; THANK YOU! This Vlog was powerful not only for those who are challenged with changing how they eat but also for anyone In the midst of a challenge in life causing pain or dissatisfaction. The keys in your Vlog will resonate for the student who is ready for this lesson! I so needed this message not just around challenges with eating (which had resurfaced) but also in challenge with re-writing my life story. This Vlog flooded a crack in the armor with such light. Thanks for lighting the path through to stopping the madness and stepping into a a different way to live.

41. Barbara

Your caring words, your sincere commitment to people with their struggles…all this authenticity has been so inspiring to me, all along my journey with you since jan. 1. I have lost 22 lbs and KNOW WITHOUT A DOUBT THAT THIS IS THE LAAST TIME I WILL HAVE A NEED TO LOSE SO MUCH WEIGHT!!! After a lifetime of pleasing others and not realizing how impt that was to me, i was also delightfully surprised at the impact of utilizing your gift of Mike Blackstone and his Reconciliation exercise for our Inner Conflict in our brain. HAS MADE A WORLD of difference, that supports so much those “moments” of temptation. I do that exercise in my head whenever I’m tempted and I can now only smile with satisfaction that “I” can do this!! new Mantra…..”I CAN DO THIS”.

42. Kari

Thank you for this! I went on a no sugar no flour diet the day after Christmas and have been very successful up until the last couple of weeks. After starting that on my own I found your videos. I am a 9 on your food addiction scale and I have been cheating a little here and there recently and now I fear going backwards. I have lost 25lbs but am now at a plateau and trying to get back on the wagon as I need to lose another 30-40 lbs to meet my goals. I want to be happy thin and free again( I was not overweight my whole life- until just after 40)

43. Claire

Susan, you are the BEST! What a powerful Vlog and so helpful to many of us, I’m sure. It totally reaffirmed my Bright Line journey since October Boot Camp – released 50 pounds and still going! As a so-called “free spirit” I would have related to the comments about “feeling restricted” before doing BLE. However, since October I can honestly say I have not broken my Bright Lines once – unbelievable! The turning point for me at the beginning of my journey was hearing your story about the little engine-that-could, going places on its tracks, until one day it wanted to be “free” so it jumped off the tracks and ended up stuck and miserable, going nowhere. BLE takes you places you never thought possible! Definitely one for the book- looking forward to it. Thank you so much Susan.

44. Rory

“…. . from face down in a bowl of cookie dough to happy thin and free …the story of bright line eating”….
    Susan, this just sounded like a great book title to me! incredible And Timely Vlog as usual!

1. Anthea

I agree! That would be a great book title.

45. Racheal

Thank you again for an inspiring message offered from your heart. 6 Degrees of Separation time: I just finished listening to his/Oprah’s 21 day mediation (FREE) experience called ‘Shedding The Weight” and Day 16 was all about the same topic of “narrative”. Not always something we think to work on, and some of us need to work harder than others. A double dose of the same message in 1 day = food for thought. Perhaps your writer can still access the free mediation if they hurry. As Deepak said: ” When your perceptions shift, your story shifts. You have this power to transform and have always had it.”

46. Michael

Thank you Susan! I have not been able to join any of your boot camps but I continue to follow your emails, blogs, vlogs and etc. I’m a food & sugar addict and removing flour and sugar has definitely been life changing. This week’s vlog helped me to remember to keep positive with the path I take.

47. Rosemary

Dear Susan,
    I am in the current boot camp and commented in my research response this week that the vlogs were extraordinarily helpful. However, this is one I will come back to again and again. There is so much to reflect on. I confess that I have been a ‘lurker’ thus far and while I am losing I am still unsure about the bright lines. Your comments were, as always, reflective of your own journey and presented in a way that is not blaming. Thanks for this one.

48. Teri M.

Excellent topic, love getting your weekly vlog.

I would like to suggest another topic after I saw a disturbing segment on NBC World New Tonight: the segment touted the Fasting diet, where a woman lost over 100 lbs eating 2200+ calories ones day and then 550 calories the next. And it was all fried, sugar and flour processed food!! I was appalled that this kind of unhealthy regimen would get national attention, while I NEVER see anything about BLE in the media. Any thoughts?

BTW, I can attest to the amazing life changing method of BLE, since following you in September of last year and yor 4 principles, I have lost 37 lbs. Thank you for putting me on the path to Happy, Thin and Free, love your show Susan!!

49. Tina S.

This is so on point! I am also bingeing and dancing around the edges of BLE, in spite of my success with it. I’ve given up all sorts of addictions and this feels Just as sad and difficult. I am aware that I have to figure out what I am afraid of. Feeling good and losing weight? Hmmmm…. Not! It’s that box you talked about. That sadness that I will never again experience the joy of all things food. (I felt that way about wine and tequila Until 3 years ago!!!)
    I have got to cross the bridge.. I have experienced happy and free when letting go of others addictions. I wish I could just wake up on the other side where my rational self is waiting for me..

Time to try again. Thanks for all the support.❤️

50. Susanne

Thank you Susan. As always yourvlogs come at the exact time I M having issues you ars talking about. I certainly see now how I spin stories to serve my break in BLE. Will start, rezoom again now! God bless you!

51. Anne Wax

Susan- Wow! What an amazing, inspiring vlog. Thank you.

Since the Oct boot camp I’ve lost 45lbs. After boot camp my bright lines blurred just a little. It did not serve me. Then in March I went off the rails. I was dealing with my sister’s terminal illness and a demanding job. I binged first at my parents house, then on a business trip and then willfully and defiantly at home. At that moment I realized I had to choose which path to take.

Through the love and support of the Bright Lifer community I now am on my 21st day of clean BLE eating.

I am writing to tell everyone how amazing the program is. If you honestly want freedom and are willing to be open. You can and will succeed. I have never seen love and support to parallel the Bright Line Eating community.

52. Karen

I watched this as I was munching down my nth bag of trail mix lying in my bed with more weight than when I started back in Oct. I had to buy clothes bigger than what I was wearing when I started. I really need to hear this and wish this was as easy as quitting smoking and drinking. Both of those I dropped and never looked back. I abused those for more than 30 years. This is my last nemesis, a formidable opponent and I found myself after losing 19 lbs in a month regressing deep in its grip pulling me down against my better judgement and feeling defeated and helpless. I hate myself right now for I know better. But yet I continue.
    Susan, I am looking for that window you spoke of. That glimmer to arrive where I will again take the reign of my destiny to be happy thin and free.

53. NEARLYTHINANDFREE

Thank you for this wonderful, timely vlog. I struggle to write my narrative. I know that I have deep inner work to do in order to find my truth. I’m on my way! ?

54. Sam DuBois

Typically brilliant, thank you! Our EFT (“Tapping”) mentor, Mark England, talks about our procabulary – changing our stories inside! You said this so eloquently!

55. Michelle M West

Susan — thanks for your vlog and thanks for your wisdom. I’m learning the lessons myself as I go. For instance, my husband reserved a surprise high tea for us — which was very nice — but of course filled will lavish desserts. I decided to heed my inner saboteur’s voice and “just for this” I had a little of most everything. It ended up unhinging me for the next 2 days. I’ve thankfully jumped back on the rails, having learned a valuable lesson that I heard you talk about before, but now I really “get” it. You open the door just a tiny bit, and suddenly you’re back in a food addiction stronghold — AGAIN. I heard what you said in this vlog and realized my “narrative” has been pretty negative, so I’m going to work on that for the future. I hate having to give up the sweets and junk food that I’ve loved all my life, but I do want to be healthy, and I want to be free of food obsession. As a Christian person, I’m reminded of when Jesus asked the crippled man, “Do you want to be healed?” Now, maybe for the first time, I understand why Jesus asked that. Yes, I want to be healed from this! Now I know the way to be healed, and it’s my choice whether I take the cure or not. Thanks Susan for all you’re doing.

56. FreetobeME

Susan… you are so direct and so spot-on. Thank you for so freely imparting your wisdom. I needed to hear this message. Thank you.